Citizen Men's BL8000-54X Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Stainless Steel Sport Watch
|Price:||$450.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Light powered Eco-Drive Caliber E87* Japanese-quartz movement; charges in natural sunlight or indoor light
- Max power reserve: 180 days; low charge warning: three days; charge time from stop state to max charge
- Durable, hardened non-reflective mineral crystal; Retrograde perpetual calendar function; alarm function; dual-time function with 24-hour sub dial
- Brown dial; month-day-and-date function: day indicator between 2 and three o'clock, date function at 4 o'clock; screw-back case
- Water resistant to 330 feet (100 M): suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this brand also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Keep track of everything from the hour to the current month--and all that comes in between--with the smartly constructed Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Stainless Steel Sport Watch. This solar-powered Eco-Drive watch never needs a battery and remains charged for months at a time, even in the dark. The distinguished brown tones of this watch begin with the round dial, adorned with three chronograph subdials, two of which are uniquely shaped--one in a crescent shape, the other like a paper-fan. These subdials overlay a unique textured background and are surrounded by a border of silver-tone Roman hour indexes. The outermost dial is two-tiered with a frame of second markers, marked in Arabic numerals in five-second increments, then continuing with another frame marked with the 12 months. The intricate dial is held by a durable stainless steel case and bezel, which connect to a wide stainless steel dial that features both matte and polished finishes and a handy double-locking, fold-over clasp. Boasting a durable mineral window and the reliability of Japanese-quartz movement, this classy contemporary timepiece is water resistant to 330 feet (100 M).
Summary of Features:
- Retrograde perpetual calendar
- Dual time
- Non-reflective mineral crystal
- Month-Day-Date functions
- 12/24 hour time
- Screw-back case
As a true manufacture d’horlogerie, CITIZEN integrates a comprehensive manufacturing process from creating individual components to a watch’s final assembly. It’s an artisan’s approach to watch making based on pushing forward the boundaries of technology and leveraging our experience toward exploring new possibilities.
One pivotal technological breakthrough was the development of a light-driven watch. CITIZEN pioneered this engineering innovation well ahead of other watch manufacturers as early as 1976, which led to the launch of the highly acclaimed Eco-Drive in 1995. Utilizing electrical power converted from virtually any light source, this extraordinary innovation changed forever the way watches could be powered. Eco-Drive eliminated the need to ever replace batteries, which made it especially beneficial to areas where such specialist batteries were not obtainable. This leveled the field for citizens of virtually every country to be able to experience unrestricted joy of wearing and using a CITIZEN watch.
The product development policy, “The Fusion of Technology and Beauty,” remains a constant motivation for us to merge cutting-edge technology with perfection of design beauty, which as a consequence inspires people to strive to be their best at any time.
CITIZEN launches a new campaign in collaboration with Wieden+Kennedy, Better Starts Now. This is the simple belief that no matter who you are or what you do, it is always possible to make something better — and now is the time to start doing it. We believe that better and now are both infinite, and that there is always a next ‘better’ and a new ‘now’ in which you can start pursuing it. It was clear from the onset of this project that we are dedicated to this ideal…not to the past but to the present, and all the way we can improve it. To help communicate this belief to the world we have created a new global CITIZEN brand movie, brand identity and brand website that represents out Better Starts Now philosophy.
- Product Dimensions: 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B002BWPDO8
- Item model number: BL8000-54X
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 1, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Citizen|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Clasp||Fold-Over Clasp with Single Push-Button Safety|
|Case material||Stainless Steel|
|Case diameter||40 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||10 millimeters|
|Band Material||Stainless Steel|
|Band width||20 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless Steel|
|Special features||alarm-feature, Dual time display, Perpetual calendar, Water Resistant|
|Water resistant depth||330 Feet|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I do highly recommend that if you get this watch, that you actually read the instructions! This watch also has a mini CD Rom that comes with it with instructions and a video on setting the watch. I would recommend that you actually watch the video.
Unlike a regular watch, this one actually has 4 different modes that can be set, and unless you actually read the instructions and have not used one before, it can be a bit confusing.
Amazon should be more strict on their seller affiliates. Also amazon should post location of item so one may know if it comes from china
Just wished that theere was an easier way to turn off the alarm rather than going into alarm mode nad doing it.
But i still love the watch
worth every penny
I bought it for my husband for our anniversary about 6 months ago, and he loves it. I did a bunch of research and decided on this one, and I'm glad I did.
The brown and silver are understated and cool.
The watch is weighty and has an incredibly high-quality feel to it.
The design is very functional, with just the right number of bells and whistles so that they are useful and intuitive.
I would do it again!
I received this watch as a graduation present from my parents over four years ago as I always need to know the time and this is still by far the best watch I have ever owned or even seen. I worked on machines in a factory for a while so I was pretty rough on my poor watch and I was surprised to find that after so long the only damage to it is a grand total of two very small but noticeable scratches on the crystal and instead of the two different patterns on the band, the whole thing is polished to an admittedly scratchy shine.
5) My watch came free with a lifetime fix-it plan, no questions asked, should anything go wrong or be damaged so hopefully when I'm a rich old man living life to its fullest, this watch will be there by my side... literally.
Pros: 1) No changing of batteries! that is perhaps the best part about it as if you ever get even the slightest twinge of thinking that its low on power (as I usually work in dark places only to go home and sleep in a dark room) then you just set it on the windowsill for a couple of hours and voila, no need to worry.
2) The crystal is as scratch resistant as I have ever found in a watch. While the surrounding metal is very scratched up from years of abuse, the crystal only has two noticeable scratches that can only be seen if looking for them.
3) The only calendar I use anymore. Okay, so I don't go forgetting the month very often but having two time settings for when I go across the country (California to the south a few times) is very handy and did I forget when leap year is? - that's on here too as well as a 24 hour clock right where the 10th hour goes.
4) Practically waterproof for anything I do as I don't go swimming in the ocean deep enough to matter.
Cons: 1)I've found that once every six months or so the date is off or the leap-year has changed as I wear it to sleep (I don't trust my roommates enough) because it switched to calendar without me knowing.
2) For the first month or so I couldn't really read the time well as I had so much chrome on my wrist and so much to see that the Hour/Min/Sec hands blended in too well. This is no longer a problem at all as I can merely glance at the watch and know the time as I've gotten so used to it.
3) I honestly don't use the entire watch to its full potential as I'm usually very punctual the alarm feature doesn't get used and the calendar portion (shows month/leap-year) doesn't either as I rarely need to know what month it is but it's still handy to have the Leap-year knowledge on hand.
4)the Minute and Hour hands have a luminescent layer on them that when exposed to sunlight and then taken into a house or something glow this very nice turquoise color. While the glow is very bright after being in direct sunlight, or at least held close to a light-bulb for a few seconds, it doesn't last very long. Luckily, when without "glow", from staying inside on a computer all day, the hands are white which shows us on the dark blue background.
Overall: 4.9/5 stars in total as my complaints didn't hold very much weight. An amazing watch for anyone and has definitely ruined my taste for most other types of watches. I cannot thank my parents enough for such a great gift.
Very smart watch that stops the second hand when in dark. Don't get me wrong, the watch will still keep correct time. The moment you shine light on it, the second hand will sweep around to get to the right position and start its quartz movement!! I seriously want to be that inventor who thought about not wasting battery power by moving the second hand when there is no light! No wonder this thing can run 6yrs with no light!
It keeps Time Calendar (Month!), Alarm and Local Time. Local Time for a second time from another time zone. The only complaint I have is the world time keeper (Local Time) adjustment only advances by 1 hour. The time adjustment is electronic, I click of the adjustment knob moves the hands by one hour. So if you want to keep time for a country that has got say +0:30 or +0:45, not going to happen! The option is to use time to track world time and use local time to track time. Just make sure you leave the setting at Local Time.