We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- With its light-powered Eco-Drive, durable canvas strap, and metal-lined sizing grommets, this military-inspired Citizen watch is replete with masculine details.
- Equipped with Eco-Drive, this watch charges in natural or indoor light and never needs a battery.
- Japanese Quartz movement with analog display
- Features protective mineral crystal dial window, date window, luminous hands and markers, brushed stainless steel case
- Water resistant to 660 feet (200 M): suitable for recreational scuba diving
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this brand also shopped for
Explore new, exciting depths with this men's Eco-Drive 200 Meter dive timepiece. Equipped with large stainless case, black canvas strap, and boldly luminous hands and oversized numbers, you'll be able to easily read the time whether you're diving deep into the sea or relaxing next to the pool. Additional features include a three-hand function, date indicator window, non-reflective crystal, screw-back case and screw-down crown.
As a true manufacture d’horlogerie, CITIZEN integrates a comprehensive manufacturing process from creating individual components to a watch’s final assembly. It’s an artisan’s approach to watch making based on pushing forward the boundaries of technology and leveraging our experience toward exploring new possibilities.
One pivotal technological breakthrough was the development of a light-driven watch. CITIZEN pioneered this engineering innovation well ahead of other watch manufacturers as early as 1976, which led to the launch of the highly acclaimed Eco-Drive in 1995. Utilizing electrical power converted from virtually any light source, this extraordinary innovation changed forever the way watches could be powered. Eco-Drive eliminated the need to ever replace batteries, which made it especially beneficial to areas where such specialist batteries were not obtainable. This leveled the field for citizens of virtually every country to be able to experience unrestricted joy of wearing and using a CITIZEN watch.
The product development policy, “The Fusion of Technology and Beauty,” remains a constant motivation for us to merge cutting-edge technology with perfection of design beauty, which as a consequence inspires people to strive to be their best at any time.
CITIZEN launches a new campaign in collaboration with Wieden+Kennedy, Better Starts Now. This is the simple belief that no matter who you are or what you do, it is always possible to make something better — and now is the time to start doing it. We believe that better and now are both infinite, and that there is always a next ‘better’ and a new ‘now’ in which you can start pursuing it. It was clear from the onset of this project that we are dedicated to this ideal…not to the past but to the present, and all the way we can improve it. To help communicate this belief to the world we have created a new global CITIZEN brand movie, brand identity and brand website that represents out Better Starts Now philosophy.
- Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 5.1 x 5.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.9 ounces
- ASIN: B000ZPMYCC
- Item model number: BM6400-00E
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 24, 2007
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Citizen|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||40 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||11 millimeters|
|Band width||21 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Item weight||4.54 Grams|
|Water resistant depth||660 Feet|
Top customer reviews
I found the Citizen Royal Marine Commando watch and from there was fortunate enough to trace it down to this watch.
- One of the VERY FEW watches rated for 200M depth (especially at the price)
- Has a screw on crown
- Understated, no fuss, "manly" design
- Feels solidly built but doesn't weigh a ton
- Not too large and I believe I have a small wrist (at 6.5in circumference)
- Solar powered
- My second and minute hands were perfectly aligned (I believe others had complained they may not have been).
- Good looking strap that fits perfectly and is not ridiculously wide. Metal grommets add to the militaristic design.
- Strap is not rough as others had suggested.
- I was concerned that the date display was too small. It is small but even without my glasses I can still read it.
- 21mm lug means you have to go with a smaller lug strap. I have ordered the Hadley Roma MS890 waterproof leather to go with this. I will post a picture when it arrives.
There is a great review on jikanwatch.blogspot.com/2011/03/citizen-bm6400-citizens-field-watch.html
I understand that Citizen has also made a version that is radio synchronized. This would be the icing on the cake for this watch. But I have not been able to locate it.
Easy to quickly read the time in just a glance
Love the Nylon band look and ability to put any CHEAP nylon band on it.
Keeps time perfectly (at least for me)
As mentioned in other reviews, date is small and takes a few seconds to focus on it to read it.
Luminescence runs out quick. It is VERY bright at first but by the end of a 2 hour movie it is difficult to read anymore. You can read it, you just have to focus on it for a few seconds.
Overall I really enjoy the watch and my friends/family/coworkers all notice/like it. Good buy. I recommend.
**Original Post - no edits**
I really did not know what to expect for this price and wow, I am impressed. I have owned another inexpensive Eco-Drive for the past 6-years and have not had a single problem with it. I am hoping for the same here. This watch borders on masterful simplicity. I hate cluttered faces. Yes, the numbers are larger than normal, but they are easy to read and give you incredible lume at night, even after it fades. What you cannot make out from the web-page pics is that the numerals have almost a mother of pearl inlay appearance and each numeral is framed/outlined in stainless to compliment the brushed stainless case and the eyelets on the canvas strap. 200M resistance and a screw-down crown...at this price? Yes! Very comfortable and both classy/dressy and sporty at the same time. Whoever designed this model should be given a promotion. The second-hand is spot-on and the accuracy, when compared to that of my iPhone, has not skipped a beat so far. I can understand where the spacing of the eyelets could cause some amount of play on the wrist for some, but it has not been a problem for me. Heck. for this price, if you are having a problem with the band, replace it. With the efficiency and care-free enjoyment of owning a Citizen Eco-Drive, you should not be buying this for the strap anyway. However, I love the strap. It is rugged, durable and every bit as nice, if not classier, than any Nato or Zulu strap. Get this one...because you will not find a better watch at this price.
The canvas strap is comfortable and fine for casual wear. I ordered a leather band (from another company) and I'm going to swap out the bands to make this watch a little more "dressy" for the office. I wouldn't have minded paying a few bucks more for the option to purchase this watch with a leather band, but it's not a problem to replace the band.
There is nothing about this watch that I dislike. I'm very happy with the purchase. If you're looking for a basic, no-nonsense, low-maintenance wrist watch with a great movement for a minimal amount of money, I'd recommend adding this watch to your list.