We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- With its light-powered Eco-Drive, durable canvas strap, and metal-lined sizing grommets, this military-inspired Citizen watch is replete with masculine details.
- Equipped with Eco-Drive, this watch charges in natural or indoor light and never needs a battery.
- Japanese Quartz movement with analog display
- Features protective mineral crystal dial window, date window, luminous hands and markers, brushed stainless steel case
- Water resistant to 660 feet (200 M): suitable for recreational scuba diving
Explore new, exciting depths with this men's Eco-Drive 200 Meter dive timepiece. Equipped with large stainless case, black canvas strap, and boldly luminous hands and oversized numbers, you'll be able to easily read the time whether you're diving deep into the sea or relaxing next to the pool. Additional features include a three-hand function, date indicator window, non-reflective crystal, screw-back case and screw-down crown.
As a true manufacture d’horlogerie, CITIZEN integrates a comprehensive manufacturing process from creating individual components to a watch’s final assembly. It’s an artisan’s approach to watch making based on pushing forward the boundaries of technology and leveraging our experience toward exploring new possibilities.
One pivotal technological breakthrough was the development of a light-driven watch. CITIZEN pioneered this engineering innovation well ahead of other watch manufacturers as early as 1976, which led to the launch of the highly acclaimed Eco-Drive in 1995. Utilizing electrical power converted from virtually any light source, this extraordinary innovation changed forever the way watches could be powered. Eco-Drive eliminated the need to ever replace batteries, which made it especially beneficial to areas where such specialist batteries were not obtainable. This leveled the field for citizens of virtually every country to be able to experience unrestricted joy of wearing and using a CITIZEN watch.
The product development policy, “The Fusion of Technology and Beauty,” remains a constant motivation for us to merge cutting-edge technology with perfection of design beauty, which as a consequence inspires people to strive to be their best at any time.
CITIZEN launches a new campaign in collaboration with Wieden+Kennedy, Better Starts Now. This is the simple belief that no matter who you are or what you do, it is always possible to make something better — and now is the time to start doing it. We believe that better and now are both infinite, and that there is always a next ‘better’ and a new ‘now’ in which you can start pursuing it. It was clear from the onset of this project that we are dedicated to this ideal…not to the past but to the present, and all the way we can improve it. To help communicate this belief to the world we have created a new global CITIZEN brand movie, brand identity and brand website that represents out Better Starts Now philosophy.
- Product Dimensions: 4.3 x 3.9 x 8.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.9 ounces
- ASIN: B000ZPMYCC
- Item model number: BM6400-00E
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 24, 2007
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Citizen|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||40 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||11 millimeters|
|Band width||21 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Item weight||1 Pounds|
|Water resistant depth||660 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
The watch case is about 40mm in diameter (without the setting crown) and about 11mm in thickness. The lug width seemed to be about 21mm. The case has a brushed metal finish; although the screw on case back is bright and shiny. It could probably be used for signaling in an emergency. The only other shiny surface is a narrow ring around the base of the bezel; however, this is virtually unnoticeable. The edges of the case have been smoothed which helps with the day to day comfort of wearing the watch. The canvas strap is comfortable and has 7 metal eyelets (holes) for fastening to the wrist. My wrist is nearly 7.25" and I fasten it in the 5th hole (3rd from the end). The strap has two keepers and one of them is metal and the other is canvas. The metal keeper is strong with a bit more thickness than you might expect. I casually tried to bend it with some finger pressure, and it would not give. The buckle is also a little beefy and has the same level of smoothness as the case along with the same brushed metal finish. It nicely complements the rest of the watch and feels well made.
The large numerals provide a lot of surface area for the luminescence, and it's obvious this watch was designed to be easily read at night. I can still read the time throughout the night even after most of the glow intensity has gone. The dial is very black and contrasts well with the hands and numerals so it is also very easy to read in bright sunlight.
The 200m water resistance (WR) rating is a nice bonus.Read more ›
- The BM6400-00E is more substantial. I'm a medium-build guy, and I thought the BM8180-03E looked small for my wrist size.
- This is a better looking model than the BM8180-00E. I'm very picky when it comes to watch styles, and I really like the way this looks. This is more 'dressy' yet is not too fancy looking as an everyday watch. It will look much nicer with a suit than the BM8180, which is much cheaper looking
- I was worried about the date display being too small. I think it looks smaller than it is because of the oversize numbers on the dial, but it is still totally readable.
- The band on the BM6400 is longer than the band on the 8180, and the black looks much better than the green. I find the band to be comfortable, and am not in any rush to go swap it out for another.
- I prefer the 'screw-down' crown on the BM6400 - less worries about water getting into the case. The BM8180 has a two-notch crown that doesn't screw down.
All in all, this model is more than worth the extra $25 dollars between the two, and is a great deal at this price.
Was intrigued by the eco-drive technology and never having to open the case and replace a battery. Which always risks the integrity of the watch without sending it back to the factory.
I'm a one watch kind of guy. That's why I chose this black model which will easily do double duty.
This is no puny watch. It's substantial. The build quality is excellent. The lined canvas (maybe cordura nylon) band is quite good and durably built, although uncommon and for some may take getting used too. But thanks to the lining it is quite comfortable. Nice thing, due to the build of the watch it is easily replaceable with any after market brand.
The date window is small but serves it's purpose quite well.
And no batteries to replace. It's a keeper, especially at this price. Kudos to Citizen.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Have it for 3 years now without any issue. Magnifying lens on the calendar could be better for better legibility.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
To me, I think the face and hands are pretty cool but, the case/bezel is kinda boring, not sporty enough. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Timconrad
I have owned several watches over the years but not has been as loved and appreciated as this one from Citizen. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Ryan French
I love the look, easy to read, surprisingly light but not cheap, accurate. The only thing that I don't like about the design is that the glass face extends past the steel bezel, a... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Amazon Customer
I really like the face of the watch. The band that came with it with not so great. I replaced it with a Stainless Steel one ordered from Citizen.Published 14 months ago by John
The watch is good! But the band is not suit for summer! I changed a steeliness one by myself!Published 15 months ago by qingyangfly