|Price:||$262.50 & FREE Shipping. FREE Returns. Details|
|You Save:||$87.50 (25%)|
- Light powered eco-drive Japanese-quartz movement; charges in natural sunlight or indoor light
- Durable, hardened mineral crystal
- Case diameter: 38.7 mm
- Titanium case; dark Grey dial; date function
- Water resistant to 99 feet (30 M): withstands rain and splashes of water, but not showering or submersion
Featuring Eco-Drive technology that charges in natural or artificial light, this titanium watch #BM6560-54H from Citizen never needs a battery. Perfect for work or more casual wear, this versatile accessory features a sleek, dark gray dial, complete with silver-tone hour markers and date display at three o'clock. A polished stainless steel bracelet is both comfortable and secure, thanks to the fold over clasp with double push button. Water resistant up to 99 feet, this Eco-Drive original is made to last season after season.
As a true manufacture d’horlogerie, CITIZEN integrates a comprehensive manufacturing process from creating individual components to a watch’s final assembly. It’s an artisan’s approach to watch making based on pushing forward the boundaries of technology and leveraging our experience toward exploring new possibilities.
One pivotal technological breakthrough was the development of a light-driven watch. CITIZEN pioneered this engineering innovation well ahead of other watch manufacturers as early as 1976, which led to the launch of the highly acclaimed Eco-Drive in 1995. Utilizing electrical power converted from virtually any light source, this extraordinary innovation changed forever the way watches could be powered. Eco-Drive eliminated the need to ever replace batteries, which made it especially beneficial to areas where such specialist batteries were not obtainable. This leveled the field for citizens of virtually every country to be able to experience unrestricted joy of wearing and using a CITIZEN watch.
The product development policy, “The Fusion of Technology and Beauty,” remains a constant motivation for us to merge cutting-edge technology with perfection of design beauty, which as a consequence inspires people to strive to be their best at any time.
CITIZEN launches a new campaign in collaboration with Wieden+Kennedy, Better Starts Now. This is the simple belief that no matter who you are or what you do, it is always possible to make something better — and now is the time to start doing it. We believe that better and now are both infinite, and that there is always a next ‘better’ and a new ‘now’ in which you can start pursuing it. It was clear from the onset of this project that we are dedicated to this ideal…not to the past but to the present, and all the way we can improve it. To help communicate this belief to the world we have created a new global CITIZEN brand movie, brand identity and brand website that represents out Better Starts Now philosophy.
- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 5.9 x 5.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0012IVVDO
- Item model number: BM6560-54H
- Date first available at Amazon.com: December 21, 2002
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Citizen|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Clasp||Fold-Over Clasp with Double Push-Button Safety|
|Case diameter||38.7 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||8 millimeters|
|Band Material||Stainless steel|
|Band width||24 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Water resistant depth||99 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
First, the Amazon description shows the watch as being water resistant to 99 feet. The actual information packaged with the watch, is clear that the watch is merely water resistant to 3 atmospheres, which permits minor exposure such as you'd encounter in the rain or when washing face or hands. It is definitely NOT for use while swimming, showering, etc. I'd like to see this corrected in the description.
Second, in other reviews of other Citizen watches, I've read about people adjusting the bracelet and being unable to keep the pins in place. This is how it works:
1. I definitely recommend purchasing one of the bracelet adjustment tools listed on Amazon. For $6 I got a "heavy duty" one that, while definitely not heavy duty, was adequate to the task of adjusting my bracelet.
2. Pay attention to the little arrows on the inside of the bracelet when you push the pins out with the tool. You'll push the pins about 1/4 inch out, then pull them the rest of the way with a pair of pliers. I used my Leatherman tool quite successfully for this.
3. When you pull out the pins, be on the lookout for tiny little metal "sleeves" less than 1/4 inch long that will fall out of the links. These are important. You may want to spread a white cloth or some paper, and work over that surface so you can find anything that falls out. Cloth may be best because it will discourage bouncing (which will have you on the floor with a flashlight while your coworkers wonder what you're doing under your desk).
4.Read more ›
As for the negative reviews on Amazon, I saw them both listed for other models also, so I question whether they apply to this specific model, or were just spammed against all Citizen Eco-Drive watches (with so few reviews, it causes the average score on this particular model to be ridiculously low). My guess is that somebody had a bad experience with a different model, and at least one reviewer probably did not pay attention to the level of water resistance indicated for his model--nice watches like these won't hold up under water as well as a ten-dollar timex.
I agree that the negative posts have to be about another Citizen Watch. Several of the Eco-Drives seem to have a faulty clasp (you can tell just by looking at them and holding the watches in your hand if the clasp is good or not).
This model in particular is fantastic and I've had no problems with it whatsoever. I received it as a gift two years ago and I've gotten more compliments than I can count.
The Citizen BM6560-54H is a great quality product and, by far, the best watch I've ever owned - durable, good looking, and it works perfectly.
Seems one can get sapphire only in larger Ti Eco-drives. I prefer the smaller display. The crystal is 29mm wide/diameter; the case is 38mm wide/diameter. My wrist is small so I had a watch smith take out two links for $20.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very sleek and light weight. The bands present a very smooth curve around your wrist and so far does not produce any discomfort. The face is very simple, yet classy. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Christopher J. Danvers
Bought this for my husband to replace one exactly like it that had been stolen. He really likes it.Published 7 months ago by Laura E
I have owned this watch for years and it has a great blend of style, comfort, and durability. It is my favorite dress watch and goes great with a suit and tie. Read morePublished 10 months ago by 665
Great watch but band broke and I can't get replacement parts for itPublished 17 months ago by David E
You do have to give it light. Most hassle than a battery, but then a battery fails. Less hassle than an automatic, unless you wear the automatic 24-hours/day.Published 22 months ago by Michael SB
Just received it today. It is a 10th anniversary gift from my work. It is beautiful. The contrast of the titanium and stainless look sporty and refined. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Hook'em!
Great watch! Excellent price! Flawless service! I bought it because I developed an allergy to stainless steel.Published 24 months ago by jerry haluza