Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 368 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 443 reviews
on May 23, 2017
I had a Citizen Eco-Drive watch for years, but it finally died so I decided to try another one. I didn't want a large, fat watch, like so many men's watches seem to be. This is a nice size dial, not too large and not too small. I like having the day and date on it and it has a look that works for formal or casual use.

A couple of minor complaints are that the numbers and hands don't glow at night, or at least not enough to read it. The crown on this is also smooth, not knurled. As a result it is hard to set the time and day/date because it doesn't turn that easily. If the crown hard knurls on it I would have given it 5 starts rather than 4.
on July 27, 2017
This is a fine watch. The biggest issue with it is the smooth knob for setting the time and date. It is difficult to turn properly, luckily it doesn't need to be changed that often, as this watch does an excellent job in staying charged on the light in the house and outside. The main issue is changing the date, as months with fewer than 31 days require it, as expected. I am happy that the watch band is replaceable, as my former citizen watch had a permanent irreplaceable watch band, at least that's what the jewelers told me. It had begun to corrode after nearly 15 years of constant wear, so no real problem, but being able to replace it would have been nice.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 24, 2016
Excellent value for a versatile watch. I was looking for something that would dress up or down, moving from workplace to dinner, without looking pretentious. This fit the bill perfectly. It goes as well with a pair of jeans and a dress shirt as it does with a suit.

The movement of the timepiece itself is great, and once I got it set I haven't had any issues at all. Setting it was a bit trickier than I expected; make sure you take your time because the crown pulls out to different levels to set the hour and minute hands. I gave it a full day of charging, as was reccomended, and haven't explicitly charged it except as it's been out and about while being worn.

The only drawback is that the band isn't really the highest quality. At this low price point, it's to be expected, but it did crease very quickly - especially on the bottom band where the holes are. I think this is why they chose the "cracked" leather instead of a smooth style, so it doesn't stand out quite so much. While it's being worn a person would have to be looking for it to notice it, though. You could change the band if you wanted, and I will when/if it becomes necessary, but it's actually quite comfortable. The entire watch it nice and light and wears really well.

This watch is perfect if you're looking for a nicer looking daily driver watch, that can also dress up as the occasion requires it. The watch looks exactly as shown by the manufacturer.
on July 11, 2017
PROS:
>The watch looks sharp and I get compliments on it all of the time.
>Solar Powered is a nice perk.

CONS:
>The watch loses about a minute every day. Included directions are somewhat unclear regarding the setting of the date; the time in regards to AM/PM matter, but it requires extra steps to set up correctly.
> The watchband is indead made of the cheapest material available, but is easily replaced.
on April 24, 2015
Very light and attractive watch. I've had it a year now with no issues to report as it doesn't miss a minute and it always spot on with my clock that synchs with the atomic clock daily. I've banged the crystal a few times fully expecting to see a damage or a big crack, but it too the beating without even a scratch. My only minor complaint is that it is difficult to adjust the date when a month doesn't have 31 days. The stem is short and hard to grasp with my old, fat fingers. That isn't hard to deal with though and isn't a problem worthy of any downgraded review. The wasn't sure the leather band would hold up, but so far it's doing fine. If I worked outside sweating all day it probably would be suffering a lot more, but then again if that were the case I'd be wearing a Casio with a metal band. I like this watch a lot.
on May 11, 2016
Overall it's a very nice watch. It looks classy, not flashy, and considering it's solar powered, it's very thin and light. The face is what I consider to be a more normal size than a lot of the hubcaps that pass for watches today. I've worn this watch off-and-on, and truth be told, it's been in the box more than on my wrist but the charge seems to hold between wearings.

Two reasons, I didn't give it 5 stars; a) the band is a bit short. I don't think my wrist is overly large but I can only wear the watch on the last hole on the band. It's not tight, but it's definitely at the limit. b) the crown is smooth, meaning no ridges to help give me grip when I have to reset the time or date. Both of these are minor quibbles, so if you're on the fence, I'd recommend buying it.
on October 15, 2016
This is my second Eco-drive Citizen watch. I think this is the best dress watch under $100.
review image review image review image
on November 30, 2016
Like a number of other reviews have mentioned, the watch face is very small. I don't have large wrists and detest the popular "hockey puck" size watches, but as soon as I opened the package I thought it looked very tiny. I've had Citizen watches for over twenty years, but I'll probably be sending this one back.

If you're looking for a modestly sized and priced dress/casual solar watch I'd highly recommend the Seiko SNE049 Stainless Steel Solar Watch:
I've had it for more than a year and am very pleased. It's only one mm larger than this Citizen, but the larger body of the watch makes a world of difference visually.
on July 13, 2012
Bought this in 2009, and it has been a great watch. Nice looking, keeps perfect time, and stays charged. The band gradually fell apart over the past 12 months, and finally failed with the buckle pulling through the leather. Have not had this experience with other leather bands. Sent it back to Citizen's service dept. No comment from them on band failure; charged $50 for replacement; more than half the price of the watch. If this is representative of the pricing of their factory service, should consider the watch disposable. If it fails, throw it away and buy a new one.

Update Dec 2016: Watch continues to hold up great after 7 years. I wear it daily. Keeps perfect time. Never needs a battery. Have to replace band every couple of years; trying a nylon "Nato" style band now - seems likely hold up longer. Updating to 5 stars - the watch is everything I could hope for.
on July 9, 2015
Having tried a smart watch, and deciding I never want to wear a phone on my wrist again, I went looking for a classic watch that didn't need a battery every year. I even considered a wind up watch, but they are hard to find. I ran across the Citizen on Amazon and was impressed by the style, the simplicity of the design, and the technology that charges the battery. As far as today's watches go, this one has a fairly small case, only 38mm, harkening back to the designs of the late 50's. It looks good enough to wear to dinner, yet rugged enough to wear every day. I would gladly recommend this watch to anyone.