Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by morrisey STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 27, 2017
This is a fine watch. The biggest issue with it is the smooth knob for setting the time and date. It is difficult to turn properly, luckily it doesn't need to be changed that often, as this watch does an excellent job in staying charged on the light in the house and outside. The main issue is changing the date, as months with fewer than 31 days require it, as expected. I am happy that the watch band is replaceable, as my former citizen watch had a permanent irreplaceable watch band, at least that's what the jewelers told me. It had begun to corrode after nearly 15 years of constant wear, so no real problem, but being able to replace it would have been nice.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 24, 2016
Excellent value for a versatile watch. I was looking for something that would dress up or down, moving from workplace to dinner, without looking pretentious. This fit the bill perfectly. It goes as well with a pair of jeans and a dress shirt as it does with a suit.

The movement of the timepiece itself is great, and once I got it set I haven't had any issues at all. Setting it was a bit trickier than I expected; make sure you take your time because the crown pulls out to different levels to set the hour and minute hands. I gave it a full day of charging, as was reccomended, and haven't explicitly charged it except as it's been out and about while being worn.

The only drawback is that the band isn't really the highest quality. At this low price point, it's to be expected, but it did crease very quickly - especially on the bottom band where the holes are. I think this is why they chose the "cracked" leather instead of a smooth style, so it doesn't stand out quite so much. While it's being worn a person would have to be looking for it to notice it, though. You could change the band if you wanted, and I will when/if it becomes necessary, but it's actually quite comfortable. The entire watch it nice and light and wears really well.

This watch is perfect if you're looking for a nicer looking daily driver watch, that can also dress up as the occasion requires it. The watch looks exactly as shown by the manufacturer.
on July 11, 2017
PROS:
>The watch looks sharp and I get compliments on it all of the time.
>Solar Powered is a nice perk.

CONS:
>The watch loses about a minute every day. Included directions are somewhat unclear regarding the setting of the date; the time in regards to AM/PM matter, but it requires extra steps to set up correctly.
> The watchband is indead made of the cheapest material available, but is easily replaced.
on April 24, 2015
Very light and attractive watch. I've had it a year now with no issues to report as it doesn't miss a minute and it always spot on with my clock that synchs with the atomic clock daily. I've banged the crystal a few times fully expecting to see a damage or a big crack, but it too the beating without even a scratch. My only minor complaint is that it is difficult to adjust the date when a month doesn't have 31 days. The stem is short and hard to grasp with my old, fat fingers. That isn't hard to deal with though and isn't a problem worthy of any downgraded review. The wasn't sure the leather band would hold up, but so far it's doing fine. If I worked outside sweating all day it probably would be suffering a lot more, but then again if that were the case I'd be wearing a Casio with a metal band. I like this watch a lot.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on October 15, 2016
This is my second Eco-drive Citizen watch. I think this is the best dress watch under $100.
review imagereview imagereview image
10 helpful votes
11 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on March 10, 2017
The watch was as expected and works well. Looks really nice. I changed out the band, because the original looked cheap. Love it now. I know some reviews have mentioned the watch is a little small. I'm a woman, and hate dainty female watches. This was perfect for what I wanted.
review imagereview image
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on May 16, 2017
Overall, a nice watch. However, the band is somewhat small for a man's wrist and I do agree with some reviewers that the day of the week can be a little hard to read. Were it not for these minor drawbacks, I would have rated this 5 stars. Still remains to be seen just how accurate the watch is.
on January 23, 2012
Another UPDATE: I've now had this watch for nearly 3 years. I wear it every weekday and occasionally on weekends. I'm still using the original strap. It keeps excellent time. It's the best watch purchase I've ever made, and that's coming from a 70 year-old.
___________________________________

I received this watch about a month ago and am pleased with it. The day/date display is easy to read. The face is understated and elegant to my eyes. It keeps absolutely perfect time when checked against an atomic clock. A few people complained about the strap but I haven't had any problems with it at all. The watch has received quite a few compliments from friends and colleagues.
I highly recommend it.

UPDATE: I've had the watch for over a year now. I wear it every day, everywhere I go. It keeps perfect time and the strap is still in fine condition.
This is a top-notch product.
on September 20, 2017
Sleek watch, that isn't too huge and hideous!

Few Cons: The crown is a bit slippery making the dual directional date+day adjustment a bit tedious. The band isn't the best quality.
Nevertheless, no battery replacements ever (theoretically) from an actual watch brand is a great deal.
on October 23, 2014
I have a ziplock bag full of dead watches - Skagen, Timex, Swiss Army, Peugeot, Jaz Paris, Movado - you name it, they get on my wrist and die. Even when I replace the batteries, they last for a couple of days and...dead. from what I understand, certain people do not mix well with electronics (computers die on me quickly as well), so after my last watch (another Skagen) kicked the bucket, I figured I was out of luck. But I still need a watch for work, and like wearing one, so I started looking. The thing I always liked about the Skagens was that they are very thin and comfortable to wear - I have fairly thin wrists, and spend a lot of time typing, so anything much larger tends to feel cumbersome. I was actually going to give one of those yet another try when I saw this Citizen. It's got a classic yet not stodgy sort of look - wears well with both jeans and business clothes - and the thickness was only a couple of mm more than the Skagen, plus I read a lot of great things about the Eco Drive which, I was hoping, would stop my dead watch issue. I'd never considered Citizen watches before, but when I read up a bit, and looked at the scope of their line, I was impressed. Long story short, I've had this one for about a week and I love it - it keeps very accurate time - I don't think it's missed a second - remains charged, is easy to set, and light on the wrist. Given my history, the jury will remain out on whether or not it dies like the others, but so far, highly recommended.