BCA Month Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 27, 2017
This is a fine watch. The biggest issue with it is the smooth knob for setting the time and date. It is difficult to turn properly, luckily it doesn't need to be changed that often, as this watch does an excellent job in staying charged on the light in the house and outside. The main issue is changing the date, as months with fewer than 31 days require it, as expected. I am happy that the watch band is replaceable, as my former citizen watch had a permanent irreplaceable watch band, at least that's what the jewelers told me. It had begun to corrode after nearly 15 years of constant wear, so no real problem, but being able to replace it would have been nice.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 24, 2016
Excellent value for a versatile watch. I was looking for something that would dress up or down, moving from workplace to dinner, without looking pretentious. This fit the bill perfectly. It goes as well with a pair of jeans and a dress shirt as it does with a suit.

The movement of the timepiece itself is great, and once I got it set I haven't had any issues at all. Setting it was a bit trickier than I expected; make sure you take your time because the crown pulls out to different levels to set the hour and minute hands. I gave it a full day of charging, as was reccomended, and haven't explicitly charged it except as it's been out and about while being worn.

The only drawback is that the band isn't really the highest quality. At this low price point, it's to be expected, but it did crease very quickly - especially on the bottom band where the holes are. I think this is why they chose the "cracked" leather instead of a smooth style, so it doesn't stand out quite so much. While it's being worn a person would have to be looking for it to notice it, though. You could change the band if you wanted, and I will when/if it becomes necessary, but it's actually quite comfortable. The entire watch it nice and light and wears really well.

This watch is perfect if you're looking for a nicer looking daily driver watch, that can also dress up as the occasion requires it. The watch looks exactly as shown by the manufacturer.
on July 11, 2017
PROS:
>The watch looks sharp and I get compliments on it all of the time.
>Solar Powered is a nice perk.

CONS:
>The watch loses about a minute every day. Included directions are somewhat unclear regarding the setting of the date; the time in regards to AM/PM matter, but it requires extra steps to set up correctly.
> The watchband is indead made of the cheapest material available, but is easily replaced.
on April 24, 2015
Very light and attractive watch. I've had it a year now with no issues to report as it doesn't miss a minute and it always spot on with my clock that synchs with the atomic clock daily. I've banged the crystal a few times fully expecting to see a damage or a big crack, but it too the beating without even a scratch. My only minor complaint is that it is difficult to adjust the date when a month doesn't have 31 days. The stem is short and hard to grasp with my old, fat fingers. That isn't hard to deal with though and isn't a problem worthy of any downgraded review. The wasn't sure the leather band would hold up, but so far it's doing fine. If I worked outside sweating all day it probably would be suffering a lot more, but then again if that were the case I'd be wearing a Casio with a metal band. I like this watch a lot.
on May 11, 2016
Overall it's a very nice watch. It looks classy, not flashy, and considering it's solar powered, it's very thin and light. The face is what I consider to be a more normal size than a lot of the hubcaps that pass for watches today. I've worn this watch off-and-on, and truth be told, it's been in the box more than on my wrist but the charge seems to hold between wearings.

Two reasons, I didn't give it 5 stars; a) the band is a bit short. I don't think my wrist is overly large but I can only wear the watch on the last hole on the band. It's not tight, but it's definitely at the limit. b) the crown is smooth, meaning no ridges to help give me grip when I have to reset the time or date. Both of these are minor quibbles, so if you're on the fence, I'd recommend buying it.
on October 15, 2016
This is my second Eco-drive Citizen watch. I think this is the best dress watch under $100.
review image review image review image
on August 30, 2017
Size is to my taste, as it is not unnecessarily large and is muted and subtle. Drive/movement nice feature to eliminate battery replacement -- always a rude surprise when that occurs. Date/day display is adequate for most eyesight. Band is a little short, yet fits strong wrists with a hole to spare. Price/value ratio high.
on July 13, 2012
Bought this in 2009, and it has been a great watch. Nice looking, keeps perfect time, and stays charged. The band gradually fell apart over the past 12 months, and finally failed with the buckle pulling through the leather. Have not had this experience with other leather bands. Sent it back to Citizen's service dept. No comment from them on band failure; charged $50 for replacement; more than half the price of the watch. If this is representative of the pricing of their factory service, should consider the watch disposable. If it fails, throw it away and buy a new one.

Update Dec 2016: Watch continues to hold up great after 7 years. I wear it daily. Keeps perfect time. Never needs a battery. Have to replace band every couple of years; trying a nylon "Nato" style band now - seems likely hold up longer. Updating to 5 stars - the watch is everything I could hope for.
on July 9, 2015
Having tried a smart watch, and deciding I never want to wear a phone on my wrist again, I went looking for a classic watch that didn't need a battery every year. I even considered a wind up watch, but they are hard to find. I ran across the Citizen on Amazon and was impressed by the style, the simplicity of the design, and the technology that charges the battery. As far as today's watches go, this one has a fairly small case, only 38mm, harkening back to the designs of the late 50's. It looks good enough to wear to dinner, yet rugged enough to wear every day. I would gladly recommend this watch to anyone.
on March 10, 2017
The watch was as expected and works well. Looks really nice. I changed out the band, because the original looked cheap. Love it now. I know some reviews have mentioned the watch is a little small. I'm a woman, and hate dainty female watches. This was perfect for what I wanted.
review image review image