Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 27, 2017
This is a fine watch. The biggest issue with it is the smooth knob for setting the time and date. It is difficult to turn properly, luckily it doesn't need to be changed that often, as this watch does an excellent job in staying charged on the light in the house and outside. The main issue is changing the date, as months with fewer than 31 days require it, as expected. I am happy that the watch band is replaceable, as my former citizen watch had a permanent irreplaceable watch band, at least that's what the jewelers told me. It had begun to corrode after nearly 15 years of constant wear, so no real problem, but being able to replace it would have been nice.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 24, 2016
Excellent value for a versatile watch. I was looking for something that would dress up or down, moving from workplace to dinner, without looking pretentious. This fit the bill perfectly. It goes as well with a pair of jeans and a dress shirt as it does with a suit.

The movement of the timepiece itself is great, and once I got it set I haven't had any issues at all. Setting it was a bit trickier than I expected; make sure you take your time because the crown pulls out to different levels to set the hour and minute hands. I gave it a full day of charging, as was reccomended, and haven't explicitly charged it except as it's been out and about while being worn.

The only drawback is that the band isn't really the highest quality. At this low price point, it's to be expected, but it did crease very quickly - especially on the bottom band where the holes are. I think this is why they chose the "cracked" leather instead of a smooth style, so it doesn't stand out quite so much. While it's being worn a person would have to be looking for it to notice it, though. You could change the band if you wanted, and I will when/if it becomes necessary, but it's actually quite comfortable. The entire watch it nice and light and wears really well.

This watch is perfect if you're looking for a nicer looking daily driver watch, that can also dress up as the occasion requires it. The watch looks exactly as shown by the manufacturer.
on July 11, 2017
PROS:
>The watch looks sharp and I get compliments on it all of the time.
>Solar Powered is a nice perk.

CONS:
>The watch loses about a minute every day. Included directions are somewhat unclear regarding the setting of the date; the time in regards to AM/PM matter, but it requires extra steps to set up correctly.
> The watchband is indead made of the cheapest material available, but is easily replaced.
on April 24, 2015
Very light and attractive watch. I've had it a year now with no issues to report as it doesn't miss a minute and it always spot on with my clock that synchs with the atomic clock daily. I've banged the crystal a few times fully expecting to see a damage or a big crack, but it too the beating without even a scratch. My only minor complaint is that it is difficult to adjust the date when a month doesn't have 31 days. The stem is short and hard to grasp with my old, fat fingers. That isn't hard to deal with though and isn't a problem worthy of any downgraded review. The wasn't sure the leather band would hold up, but so far it's doing fine. If I worked outside sweating all day it probably would be suffering a lot more, but then again if that were the case I'd be wearing a Casio with a metal band. I like this watch a lot.
on October 15, 2016
This is my second Eco-drive Citizen watch. I think this is the best dress watch under $100.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 16, 2017
Overall, a nice watch. However, the band is somewhat small for a man's wrist and I do agree with some reviewers that the day of the week can be a little hard to read. Were it not for these minor drawbacks, I would have rated this 5 stars. Still remains to be seen just how accurate the watch is.
on September 20, 2017
Sleek watch, that isn't too huge and hideous!

Few Cons: The crown is a bit slippery making the dual directional date+day adjustment a bit tedious. The band isn't the best quality.
Nevertheless, no battery replacements ever (theoretically) from an actual watch brand is a great deal.
on October 23, 2014
I have a ziplock bag full of dead watches - Skagen, Timex, Swiss Army, Peugeot, Jaz Paris, Movado - you name it, they get on my wrist and die. Even when I replace the batteries, they last for a couple of days and...dead. from what I understand, certain people do not mix well with electronics (computers die on me quickly as well), so after my last watch (another Skagen) kicked the bucket, I figured I was out of luck. But I still need a watch for work, and like wearing one, so I started looking. The thing I always liked about the Skagens was that they are very thin and comfortable to wear - I have fairly thin wrists, and spend a lot of time typing, so anything much larger tends to feel cumbersome. I was actually going to give one of those yet another try when I saw this Citizen. It's got a classic yet not stodgy sort of look - wears well with both jeans and business clothes - and the thickness was only a couple of mm more than the Skagen, plus I read a lot of great things about the Eco Drive which, I was hoping, would stop my dead watch issue. I'd never considered Citizen watches before, but when I read up a bit, and looked at the scope of their line, I was impressed. Long story short, I've had this one for about a week and I love it - it keeps very accurate time - I don't think it's missed a second - remains charged, is easy to set, and light on the wrist. Given my history, the jury will remain out on whether or not it dies like the others, but so far, highly recommended.
on August 8, 2013
I guess, this watch can be described as being among the most traditional-looking Eco-Drive watches -- small (36mm diameter, 8mm thickness -- looks great on my stick-figure 6.3' wrists), thin hands, black face. The choice of numbers is somewhat unusual -- instead of traditional 3-6-9-12 it's 4-8-12, so numbers can be tall and thin despite a large day of the week / day of the month display at 3 o'clock. Crown is smaller than on hand-wound mechanical watches, what makes sense -- the watch is solar-powered, and adjustments are only necessary when changing time zones, and to advance the date at the end of the month.

The strap is shiny, somewhat stiff and has crocodile pattern embossed on it, so it can be taken for pleather, however closer examination shows that it's real leather, just over-processed. It's worth to be mentioned that nightly date change is a rather complex sequence -- the day of the month starts moving before midnight and completes at midnight, however day of the week changes hours later (I think, it ends at about 4am), and shows previous day in the second language (Spanish for watch set for English, English for watch set for Spanish) in the middle of this process. Being a regular watch, it has no idea how many days are in any particular month, has no support for timezones, and requires careful change of time when travelling. I am not sure, if this model has any limitations of when the date can be changed, the manual does not mention it, but I never checked.
on January 27, 2017
Sleek, chic, and classy. After a few days of wearing it the leather worn in a bit to really fit my wrist. I wanted a men's watch opposed to a female watch because I wanted a more clean basic look with little frills. I wear so much jewelry I didn't want my watch to stand out to much. I wear a lot of black and silver, but I also wear gold rings on everyone one of my fingers and I would say that for me and my style it fits me well and goes with everything. This is my second Citizen watch and I WILL ONLY EVER BUY CITIZEN ECO DRIVE WATCHS due to the fact that I will never have to replace the battery.