Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Very nice watch for the money. My only real complaint is that there were no included instructions on how to set the watch. There was a small tri-fold brochure that explained the Eco-drive system and that said see enclosed instruction manual, but no instruction manual. I have included a picture so you can see the size while on. Several reviews referenced that it was too small and therefore looked feminine. Dress watches are typically smaller than sport or military style watches as they are designed to be worn with dress shirts and/or suits. They are supposed to look elegant and not chunky - this watch fits the bill. I am of average height and weight and as you can see from the photo, the watch is appropriately sized. The Eco-drive charging system is amazing. When I took it out of the box it was not running, but within seconds it started. I set the watch and then within 30 minutes went to bed. The watch was in a dark room for 8 hours and when I woke the watch was running and keeping perfect time. The band is very nice and comfortable after a few hours of break in. I've already received several compliments on it and I found I check the time far more frequently now as I like to look at the watch face. I would recommend this watch.
review image
on August 19, 2016
Simply put, this is the best watch I own. It goes with your dressier work clothes, your casual Saturday clothes, your going out on Friday clothes, whatever. I've worn this watch for about 2 years, nearly every day, whether travelling internationally or sitting around the house. The black face and gold hands are easy to read even in low light, and it looks great with everything. Very light, and just all around classic. My absolute favorite watch, and if anything ever happened to it I'd be right back here buying a replacement within minutes.

PS - Oh and did I mention this damn thing runs on light?!
on September 14, 2014
Absolutely adorable watch. I was tired of buying cheap ($70-80) automatic watches, and decided to go to Citizen Eco Drive. I was fed up of Seiko SNK803 and SNK807 as my Amazon reviews show. I own three Citizens and I have always loved their quality.

Pros:
Elegant and thin. Good quality strap. The dial is very dark, almost black, making it easy to read the gold markers. I had trouble reading time with the dials of Seiko solar watches SNE054 and SNE048. Seiko uses a grey background for its dials.

Cons:
The dial is not luminescent in darkness, so you cannot read time in night.

Edited after some use: The window is made with cheap glass. Even with minimal use, I have a big chip on the edge. It happened most likely when I bumped a desk or door in an office.
on November 3, 2017
I bought this watch six years ago, and it has been a perfect all-around timepiece ever since. I looked for a long time to find a watch that was good-looking but also understated - this works for dress, work, and casual equally well. One of the features not listed is that the days of the week can be adjusted to be in Spanish (or English), which is great for my language study. The solar power works great; watch continues to operate with long periods of nothing but artificial light. I have gone through two watchbands, but I think that the watch itself will be with me well into the future. If it ever does wear out, I will buy the same model without hesitation.
on October 25, 2016
When I first opened the box the watch was in, I noticed that the seconds hand did not tick each individual second which bothered me because I need an accurate seconds hand. After reading the instructions manual I discovered that this happens when the watch is low on energy. This watch does not use a battery; it is "solar" powered. So, I put the watch in a window for 24 hours and the seconds hand then started to tick each second. The watch is quite attractive and has been accurate for the 2 weeks I have had it.
on October 1, 2016
Classy looking and high quality at a remarkable price at Amazon. I have received several compliments on it in just the first week, including a jewelry salesman. The only thing that would improve it would be that it had a higher level of water resistance. But I don't plan to go swimming with it, so for a dress watch it's just fine, plus no more batteries to buy.
on August 16, 2017
A great watch at very reasonable price. I put a 20mm gold Milanese loop band from Cbin (Amazon , $15) on it and it looks great. I've had it for well over a year, keeps perfect time.
on December 19, 2016
Excellent looking watch. Having for 2 weeks only. Works perfect. Hope the glass will not get scratched as it is not sapphire crystal. Otherwise all good. I was tired of changing batteries for my Tissot watches. So I bought this for regular wear. But it looks luxurious too. Excellent price ($98).
on March 28, 2016
I've loved Citizen's Eco Drive for years - unfortunately I badly damaged mine that was bought many moons ago (2000?). I do not need date and day, but I could not find an Eco Drive without it. That is my only negative on this watch is that setting date and day is not the simplest process. Also, because of this feature, the watch is slightly thicker than my old one. Please bring back simple time pieces! I know most "youngsters" just use their 'phones for time, but an oldie like me prefers an elegant watch. This watch is close, but not perfect - but great value.
on February 25, 2013
The watch keeps perfect itme and without needing a battery. The crystal and case wear well. The band should not be worn while playing sports or get exposed to water or it will wear quickly. The band should last 1-1.5 years. New bands can be bought at flea markets for $10 (jewelry stores charge up to $35.) The watch is fairly thin and the band breaks in pretty quickly. I like the black face and brown band combo. The day and date are a little small to read be can be seen well enough. The second hand is so thin that it is sometimes hard to see but it is not used that much anyway. The knob gets pulled out two stops to change time and only one stop to change both the day and date. Turn knob in up (clockwise) up to change day and down (ccw) to change date. See instructions to make sure that day and date do not change at noon instead of midnight. This watch is a great buy. I had this same watch for about two years when I dropped it at the gym onto concrete and broke the crystal and the mechanism. I bought a new one the same day.