Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 409 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 462 reviews
on July 21, 2016
My sister bought me this watch when I graduated college in 2011. I still have and love it.

The Good

Never had to get the watch serviced. The battery is still strong after 5 years! No chipping of gold tinted stainless steel. The metal looks the same as when I bought it.

The Bad
Obviously when you buy a watch with leather straps, you have to be willing to change them out every year or so. I am on my 3rd set of straps and love it. I dislike heavy watches or the cold feel of metal straps. Amazon has the 20mm leather bands for only $10 with free amazon prime shipping, so it's not a huge deal to get them.

The Ugly
The face of the watch does have a ton of scratches, but I wear my watch all the time. Playing basketball, carrying heavy groceries in from the car, you name it, I do it with my watch on. The only exception is that I avoid getting the watch wet. Even though the watch can handle getting wet, the bands definitely can't and immediately start to smell.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 12, 2015
This is my favorite of all the watches I've owned. Given that most watches of halfway decent quality seem to function fairly well I'm not really considering those traits here; I'm happy enough with those attributes. Other reviewers are more qualified to discuss the technical features, but my education and work is in design, and I find this to be a nicely sophisticated look. (I almost wrote "elegant," but that word has too much baggage, and there's nothing unmasculine about this watch.) I actually tend to think that many of the truly expensive watches look like they're trying too hard anyway; good design doesn't have to cost a lot.

I care about design but I dislike the idea of form over function even more, and nothing about the appearance of this watch compromises its function. This is of course all subjective, but if you like the look of this watch nothing else about it should dissuade you from buying. I bought mine several years ago and it still looks great, although I did replace the band. I especially like the black face. It looks almost like the metallic version of silk, neither matte nor gloss, but... silky. It get lots of compliments.
on August 19, 2016
Simply put, this is the best watch I own. It goes with your dressier work clothes, your casual Saturday clothes, your going out on Friday clothes, whatever. I've worn this watch for about 2 years, nearly every day, whether travelling internationally or sitting around the house. The black face and gold hands are easy to read even in low light, and it looks great with everything. Very light, and just all around classic. My absolute favorite watch, and if anything ever happened to it I'd be right back here buying a replacement within minutes.

PS - Oh and did I mention this damn thing runs on light?!
on February 25, 2013
The watch keeps perfect itme and without needing a battery. The crystal and case wear well. The band should not be worn while playing sports or get exposed to water or it will wear quickly. The band should last 1-1.5 years. New bands can be bought at flea markets for $10 (jewelry stores charge up to $35.) The watch is fairly thin and the band breaks in pretty quickly. I like the black face and brown band combo. The day and date are a little small to read be can be seen well enough. The second hand is so thin that it is sometimes hard to see but it is not used that much anyway. The knob gets pulled out two stops to change time and only one stop to change both the day and date. Turn knob in up (clockwise) up to change day and down (ccw) to change date. See instructions to make sure that day and date do not change at noon instead of midnight. This watch is a great buy. I had this same watch for about two years when I dropped it at the gym onto concrete and broke the crystal and the mechanism. I bought a new one the same day.
on April 20, 2017
I can't comment on the watch yet because I can't wear it. The watch band, described as for men, is apparently for small men or boys. I assume my wrist is a normal diameter but the band that comes with the watch is just too tight to wear comfortably. If you have what I would consider a normal or large wrist and like the specs for this watch, count on spending another $20 for a band that is called out as large. You might also go to a local store where you can try on the fit before buying.
on February 22, 2017
Ordered this watch for our son. Before yesterday the rating would have been higher. While the watch itself is great, the pin popped out of the band and the watch dropped off his wrist. It didn't break the watch as it hit the carpet, but that should not happen on a watch only a month old. He was able to get the pin back in and hopes it does not happen again. Otherwise, it has a good style and is not too big on his wrist. He likes not having to put in a battery ever.
on April 13, 2017
This is truly a very fine watch. However, the Eco-Drive system does require some attention. If the watch does not receive enough light, the second hand will start to skip a second. That's a signal that you must expose the watch to a bright light to charge up the battery. When this happens, I put the watch under a lamp with a 60 watt (equivalent) LED bulb. After 4 or 6 hours, the watch battery is charged & the watch performs beautifully. Citizen claims this watch will run for 6 months if the watch is exposed to the light from a 20 watt incandescent bulb for 120 hours. To test this out, I put the watch under the 60 watt LED bulb for 96 hours. It will be interesting to see how long the watch will run on this charge & see whether Citizen's claims are correct.
on April 10, 2017
I bought this watch 2 1/2 years ago when my Bulova quit working after 2yars and 11months on a three year warranty. I sent my Bulova back and they fixed OK -- much to my surprise. So I have two watches and I set them to the exact time twice a year -- daylight savings time and back. They keep identical time for the six months which means they are both extremely accurate.

I recommend either watch.
on October 15, 2016
Birthday gift for my Husband to wears several different style of Citizen Eco-Driven watches. I purchased 2 similar watches this one from Amazon, the other from Macy's both with similar faces and bands. He chose this one, loves the Day of week and date, dark face and slightly shiny leather band. Very happy looks great against his warm olive complexion.
on October 25, 2016
When I first opened the box the watch was in, I noticed that the seconds hand did not tick each individual second which bothered me because I need an accurate seconds hand. After reading the instructions manual I discovered that this happens when the watch is low on energy. This watch does not use a battery; it is "solar" powered. So, I put the watch in a window for 24 hours and the seconds hand then started to tick each second. The watch is quite attractive and has been accurate for the 2 weeks I have had it.