- Light powered Eco-Drive Caliber E100 Japanese-quartz movement; charges in natural sunlight or indoor light
- Max power reserve: 180 days; low charge warning: 7 days; Quick start ability; charge time from stop state to max charge: Incandescent Light - 46 hrs, Outdoors, Cloudy (10,000 Lux) - 14 hrs, Outdoors, Sunny (100,000 Lux) - 7 hrs
- Durable, hardened mineral crystal; case diameter: 37 mm
- Two-tone-Stainless-steel case; white dial; day-and-date functions
- Water resistant to 330 feet (100 M): suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Two-tone stainless steel brings a modern touch of class to the classic lines of the Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Sport Watch #BM8434-58A. It spots a crisp white dial with polished, gold-tone markers and hands to match the bezel and two-tone bracelet. A day and date calendar sits at three o'clock, and subtle black indices help keep you up-to-the-second. A fold-over clasp keeps the watch secure. As an Eco-Drive, this sports watch is powered by light--both natural and artificial--offering continuous functionality without a battery. It is water resistant to 333 feet.
As a true manufacture d’horlogerie, CITIZEN integrates a comprehensive manufacturing process from creating individual components to a watch’s final assembly. It’s an artisan’s approach to watch making based on pushing forward the boundaries of technology and leveraging our experience toward exploring new possibilities.
One pivotal technological breakthrough was the development of a light-driven watch. CITIZEN pioneered this engineering innovation well ahead of other watch manufacturers as early as 1976, which led to the launch of the highly acclaimed Eco-Drive in 1995. Utilizing electrical power converted from virtually any light source, this extraordinary innovation changed forever the way watches could be powered. Eco-Drive eliminated the need to ever replace batteries, which made it especially beneficial to areas where such specialist batteries were not obtainable. This leveled the field for citizens of virtually every country to be able to experience unrestricted joy of wearing and using a CITIZEN watch.
The product development policy, “The Fusion of Technology and Beauty,” remains a constant motivation for us to merge cutting-edge technology with perfection of design beauty, which as a consequence inspires people to strive to be their best at any time.
CITIZEN launches a new campaign in collaboration with Wieden+Kennedy, Better Starts Now. This is the simple belief that no matter who you are or what you do, it is always possible to make something better — and now is the time to start doing it. We believe that better and now are both infinite, and that there is always a next ‘better’ and a new ‘now’ in which you can start pursuing it. It was clear from the onset of this project that we are dedicated to this ideal…not to the past but to the present, and all the way we can improve it. To help communicate this belief to the world we have created a new global CITIZEN brand movie, brand identity and brand website that represents out Better Starts Now philosophy.
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0019KBDF6
- Item model number: BM8434-58A
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 12, 2003
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Citizen|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||36 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||10 millimeters|
|Band Material||Silver tone|
|Band width||16 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Two-tone stainless steel|
|Calendar||Day and date|
|Special features||Water Resistant|
|Item weight||16 Ounces|
|Water resistant depth||330 Feet|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, this year I got this for myself and I also love it for the same reasons.
I also want to say that I have been a "Prime" member for one year and think this plan is an outstanding way to enjoy all the benefits Amazon has to offer.
Most recent customer reviews