Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Size: One Size|Color: Black Ion Plated|Change

Showing 1-10 of 154 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 192 reviews
on November 28, 2016
I love this watch. It is extremely durable and I use it every day in an aluminum foundry. The glass has held up to extreme abuse (metal die grinding, ceramic/brick die grinding, welding, hockey, hiking, freezing, snorkeling, etc.). I have had this watch for nearly 1 year and I have not needed to replace anything on it. The hands still light up for about 4 hours and can be seen in very low light conditions. The time has stayed within a second for an entire year (checked with the US government atomic clock online). The band is very comfortable and dries quickly. I have had to wash it a few times but it has had no problems cleaning up. The watch looks nearly as good as when I bought it with the exception of 2 marks where molten aluminum landed on it took of some of the black paint on the case. The ladies also love the watch. I get complements on it more often then I was expecting.

My one down side of the watch is it can be hard to read at times. In bars and low light conditions where it is not quite dark enough to see the hands glowing the hands can be hard to pick up on. It will take a little getting used to but there are some tricks to making it easier to see. Circle your other hand around it to block out more light so you can see the hands glow, tilt the watch till you find the perfect angle, get your eye closer to the dial, or just pull out our cell phone for this very rare case where it is too hard to see.

Citizen makes an extremely good quality watch. This is not my first watch from them and it will not be my last.
on November 14, 2016
I knew going in that reading this watch in the dark was impossible. I wasn't expecting that reading this watch during the day is not easy because the glare on the crystal requires you to turn the watch "just so" to neutralize the glare and see the contrasting textures of the hands and face. A non-glare crystal would be a good idea. Despite this drawback, a lot of watch for the money, looks great, nice feel. I am not disappointed.
on April 3, 2017
Despite the fact that the hands and dial are black, in the daytime the readability is very acceptable.
The good news is the fact that the hands are covered with paint that glows in the dark.
So, at night, the watch is quite readable too.
See my photos.
review image review image
on May 15, 2017
First, you must love the black on black look enough to compensate for the times that it is difficult to read the watch face. Having said that - I love this watch! The canvas is more refined in person versus the pictures which was a pleasant surprise. I love the "eco-drive" feature as well. It seems to be of high quality and the size is perfect for my 7 inch wrist - moderate at 42 mm. A rugged and somewhat refined watch with a great black on black look!
on February 14, 2017
I wanted to like it, and unlike some others on here, the stainless steel surrounding the strap holes, I thought, were a plus. Sort of like chrome wheels and trim on a black vehicle. But my thing was that the watch was just too big(wide) and too dark to see the time.

If it had been a bit thicker in proportion to its width, and a bit lighter to make it easier to see the dial, I would have liked it much better and wouldn't have returned it.
on February 16, 2017
Watch is nicely build and look very good. I am sure that with Citizen quality, it will not have any problem keeping time. There is one very important drawback for this watch. The black-on-black face make it extremely difficult to tell the time.Either outside in the sun or inside in a meeting room, I can't tell the time unless I bring the watch closer to my face, which defeat the purpose of wearing a watch. I'd end-up return it since I can't use its main function, telling the time.
on April 1, 2017
The watch's day label is stuck on SAB (Spanish for Saturday) and it will not change. The return window for Amazon has closed so I am stuck trying to follow-up with Citizen directly. I would recommend avoiding this watch.
on February 12, 2013
It's a good looking watch, obviously unique having everything all black with the exception of the band loops and date. I originally thought people were being too critical about being able to actually read the time indoors, but found myself agreeing. It is incredibly hard to see the dials indoors. Without a direct light source on it, forget it. The dials and numbers do light up, however its incredibly weak. You will not have a watch glows in the dark when you need it. The only way I've seen the glow in the dark feature was by holding the watch up to my halogen light for a few seconds. The glow disappeared within 10 seconds. How's the effective?

Seems more like a piece of arm jewelry more than a watch, yet for the price I can't find it worth it. The band is very stiff and assume will loosen up, but every has said it should be replaced. That further drives me to want to return this. I really wish their was a button to light the dials. This would change everything and make this an effective watch.
on June 15, 2017
Very nice quality and design, I love Citizen watches, but the reviews are right - it is very hard to see the numbers, and its useless without any light. Shame, because if there was an outline or something, would be far better.
on July 4, 2016
Citizen Eco Drive watches are the best watches for the money! This is my 6th Citizen Eco and I LOVE them! I have one woman's but the rest are men's watches because of the nice big size - love the chunky look! They will size down to a woman's wrist (of course this one does not need it). This watch is amazing looking for either sex. It is one of the less expensive one's I've bought but my favorite! This can be an everyday watch or dress up. My husband even commented on this one and he doesn't care for watches. For the women buying them - make sure you wear it tight enough it doesn't flip on you. One watch I had sized and it spins on my arm sometimes and now the crystal needs to be replaced - my fault.