Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 342 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 408 reviews
on March 29, 2015
This is a tough review to write. For the first two months of owning this watch I loved it. It really looks striking in an understated way, and the engineer in me likes the easy-to-read watch face. I was getting serveral comments a week about it, and from a largely engineering crowd, that's saying something. The leather strap is also much nice than most leather bands - this one wears much better, is thicker, and doesn't develop a sharp crease at the buckle point.

But after owning it for about three months, I started to notice the black anodizing next to the bezel was starting to scratch off. Not evenly wear, but develop a myriad of fine scratches in it that was allowing the bright steel body to shine through. Curiously, the body was not affected at all. More problematically though is the crystal covering the watch face. I've never seen a glass watch face scratch as easily as this. I don't wear it when doing anything rough - just teaching/research as a college professor, yet after three months it was covered with so many minute scratches the face actually looks fuzzy and is becoming difficult to read. It is this network of scratches that is starting to make the watch both unattractive and gradually unreadable...none of my cheaper Timex's or any of my previous Citizen's have had anything like this happen to them.

*** UPDATE ***

After owning it for 9 months the crystal is so scratched it become almost unusable. See photo. I sent it in for warantee repair, at 9 months into a 5 year warantee. The warantee was denied, saying scrached crystals are specifically disallowed, and the repair bill would be $60.17. I let them keep it; I am not interested in owning a watch that will need to be repaired every 9 months.
review image
77 comments| 228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2014
Very easy to read watch face, I was looking for one like this with white numbers, indexes and hands but only saw the one with the green face and didn't care for the look. The strap was actually pretty nice, but I'll change it out with a black one with white threads.

About the only thing I'd like would be to have the crown a screwed down crown but I haven't had it that long to see if it's a real issue.

Funny thing, the day and date, this morning as I looked to the watch on my nite stand, the day and date appeared as one of the hands since the hour and minute were at 6 ;) then I realized, well I also didn't have my glasses on, that it was the day and date and not a hand at the 3 position. For me, I'd like it better to just have the date, but, ya get what ya get.

Packaging on this was pretty good, my last watch from amazon wasn't packed quite as good but it did make it safely.
G2
88 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2015
Hello my friends. So, some information about this watch. It's actually not very big, so people who are saying that you should have a bigger hand for this watch are wrong. I'm quite skinny guy and watch looks perfect on my hand. The orange color looks very nice, it looks more better in real life than in the picture. Some people saying that it's not luminous, but it is. If you are not giving him enough light before going in to the dark place, of course you ain't gonna see s***.
The watch looks amazing with other straps, orange or black/orange looks stunning.
Perfect watch for daily use :)
review image review image review image review image review image
44 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2017
I've had this since December and it just stopped working. When I first received it, the second hand would pause for a second or two and then skip a few. I am certainly going to be looking into a replacement or refund. Buyer beware.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2013
I've worn this watch daily since I got it, and it's gotten plenty of comments and compliments. The band is stiff and first, but it breaks in after a few days. The mineral glass face is not very durable. Otherwise, it's been reasonably accurate, and it's a good daily-wear casual watch.
on March 22, 2017
Attractive watch. Unfortunately not luminous so cannot read time in the dark which was one of my primary reasons for choosing this watch.
on March 20, 2017
Looks Great! Runs Great, in short I like it. It's easy to read, but not in the dark.
on March 17, 2017
This is a fantastic watch. I am EMT and the second hand is very visible, A very important feature, needed for this type of work.
on April 19, 2017
Good lookin watch and I can have the day in Spanish if I want. Pretty slick!
on April 1, 2017
It's Ok, not luminous as advertised, and sometimes difficult to read. Won't buy another.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.