Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 346 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 411 reviews
on March 29, 2015
This is a tough review to write. For the first two months of owning this watch I loved it. It really looks striking in an understated way, and the engineer in me likes the easy-to-read watch face. I was getting serveral comments a week about it, and from a largely engineering crowd, that's saying something. The leather strap is also much nice than most leather bands - this one wears much better, is thicker, and doesn't develop a sharp crease at the buckle point.

But after owning it for about three months, I started to notice the black anodizing next to the bezel was starting to scratch off. Not evenly wear, but develop a myriad of fine scratches in it that was allowing the bright steel body to shine through. Curiously, the body was not affected at all. More problematically though is the crystal covering the watch face. I've never seen a glass watch face scratch as easily as this. I don't wear it when doing anything rough - just teaching/research as a college professor, yet after three months it was covered with so many minute scratches the face actually looks fuzzy and is becoming difficult to read. It is this network of scratches that is starting to make the watch both unattractive and gradually unreadable...none of my cheaper Timex's or any of my previous Citizen's have had anything like this happen to them.

*** UPDATE ***

After owning it for 9 months the crystal is so scratched it become almost unusable. See photo. I sent it in for warantee repair, at 9 months into a 5 year warantee. The warantee was denied, saying scrached crystals are specifically disallowed, and the repair bill would be $60.17. I let them keep it; I am not interested in owning a watch that will need to be repaired every 9 months.
review image
77 comments| 237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2014
Very easy to read watch face, I was looking for one like this with white numbers, indexes and hands but only saw the one with the green face and didn't care for the look. The strap was actually pretty nice, but I'll change it out with a black one with white threads.

About the only thing I'd like would be to have the crown a screwed down crown but I haven't had it that long to see if it's a real issue.

Funny thing, the day and date, this morning as I looked to the watch on my nite stand, the day and date appeared as one of the hands since the hour and minute were at 6 ;) then I realized, well I also didn't have my glasses on, that it was the day and date and not a hand at the 3 position. For me, I'd like it better to just have the date, but, ya get what ya get.

Packaging on this was pretty good, my last watch from amazon wasn't packed quite as good but it did make it safely.
G2
88 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2015
This is my first Citizen Eco-Drive and I am very pleased with the watch. . The watch face is a replica from a famous Bell&Ross watches. The watch has no fancy bells, whistles or alarms but the elegance of a simple easy to read face and not having to worry about battery dying, replacements, etc is a wonderful thing.

The watch hands and numbers have a gentle luminosity that is easy to read but is not overly bright as many others do. Contrary to the description, my watch has genuine leather (at least on the back side).

This is the perfect weekend watch!
Adding some pictures with different straps / bands.

Update 5-17-15
For those Spanish speaking; the watch also features the day of the week in Spanish and English. Sunday is red with DOM. =)

Update 7-02-16
Uploading some new pictures and conducted LUM Test. Many claim that this piece does not have a LUM. Well, the hands, the numbers and the hours markers do have a LUM. However, within less than 2 hours you could barely see them on a dark room; so they don't hold the charge for a long time. However if you are coming from the outside to a dark room, you can easily see all 3; the hands being the brightest.

Added a picture with a different leather strap. The watch comes alive with a better strap. I am enjoying the watch a lot more with a lighter distressed brown leather strap.

I've had this time piece for over a year now with frequent domestic wear and I cannot find anything wrong with what this piece from Citizen offers. Looks really good as a casual watch, I've change the leather band once just to give it a bit different look; it also looks really handsome with a Nato/Zulu Strap. (sorry for the pictures sideways it is an Amazon thing, pictures display correctly on my PC).
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on July 4, 2015
Hello my friends. So, some information about this watch. It's actually not very big, so people who are saying that you should have a bigger hand for this watch are wrong. I'm quite skinny guy and watch looks perfect on my hand. The orange color looks very nice, it looks more better in real life than in the picture. Some people saying that it's not luminous, but it is. If you are not giving him enough light before going in to the dark place, of course you ain't gonna see s***.
The watch looks amazing with other straps, orange or black/orange looks stunning.
Perfect watch for daily use :)
review image review image review image review image review image
44 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2016
First it's a Citizen, which because of the Eco-drive, and the apparent quality over all make it a great watch for the money in my opinion. Second it looks great, better in person than the photos online. The brown leather wrist band is fine, but I'm not wild about it. I will probably replace it with a black band. I have had the watch for 2 weeks and it has kept perfect time. The only real bad mark I can give this watch is that the luminous numbers and hands don't give off much light unless held up to a flash light and that last a short time. I have not tested the water resistance. So it would be 5 stars except for the ok band and the so so luminous dial, but I do like this watch very much.
review image
on September 4, 2015
I have only had this watch several days so I can't respond to long term issues concerning the crystal and case finish discussed by some other reviewers.

I decided to rep[lace the Japanese manufactured watch I have used for many years the last time the battery died. I am on location as a photography in remote areas and need a watch that will continue to operate. Battery powered batteries only last about a year and give no warning when they are about to fail. Replacement of batteries must be done by a jeweler so it is a real nuisance. The eco drive charges the watch off any light source and never needs batteries.
The case is thicker than you may be used to and the face itself is larger than my old watch. I wanted a more casual look watch but not that looks out of place in ordinary life. The watch and band look fine, a little large on my wimpy wrist but I know I will soon adjust to it.
The luminence at night is dim with no light at all but still usable.There is a 5 year warranty on this watch with an additional 1 year when you register on line.
Delivery was FedEx with arrival one day before expected.
So the watch seems to be as advertised and I have no complaints. The image of the watch on Amazon does justice to its actual appearance.
on August 13, 2014
Just got it yesterday so not a lot of time has past but initial thoughts are as follows. Looks better in person than on computer. As others have said feels hefty but not weighty, well made I guess is a better description. Some have commented strap/band feels cheap, maybe not genuine leather but mine seems to be genuine and fairly well made. Sleek Italian leather you would find in an expensive Lambo? Of course not but certainly a "better" feel to the leather than most ball gloves I've had. The one thing about the band, and others have mentioned it, is that it is a little short. Perhaps a 1/4 inch or so. I have a 7.25-7.5 inch wrist and I can only get to the third hole when fastening. That may sound reasonable however that only allows for the end of the band to barely get to the second loop to secure it. That is with the 2nd loop pushed next to the first loop. Could really use a slightly longer band. When I laid it side by side to another unworking watch it was around a quarter inch or so shorter than the mens band I have on the other one. So, my only complaint, if you will, is that the band could be longer. I remind that I have had it for less than 24 hours so if thing things change I will update. So far so good, glad I bought it. 5 stars for now.
on June 9, 2016
Keeps accurate time, but not very stylish. This watch is also heavier and thicker than expected. The lume is virtually non-existent. There are definitely better options than this.
on November 6, 2014
I needed an everyday watch that was stylish, practical, relatively cheap (compared to my best automatic), and one that was incredibly dependable. This watch fits that description perfectly.

Addressing the concern over the leather band many illustrated in their reviews: I was concerned about this, so much that it almost prevented me from purchasing the watch. I even bought a backup to replace it if it turned out to be as sub-par as some reviewers had indicated. I have since returned the spare band.

The leather (or synthetic leather) band isn't the greatest, but it is certainly not the deal breaker I had feared. It's color matches the watch perfectly; it looks more than acceptable; it has no negative issues as far as comfort. I would say the quality of the band is good enough as to not let this deter you from the purchase.

In closing, Citizen's eco-drive is really a proven winner, the watch looks great, and is the type of unique timepiece you'll definitely get compliments on -- compliments that didn't come at the expense of four digits or more!

Certainly recommend.
on August 30, 2013
The initial set-up of the day of week and date on the watch was a little tricky, but if you read the manual you'll be okay. The crown pokes out a bit more than I'd like, and has a pretty delicate feel when pulled out, but so far I have had no problems adjusting it. The band it comes with is kind of ugly but it pairs nicely with black orange NATO style straps I've purchased; it can go from subtle to wow with the right straps. My only complaint is that the seconds hand doesn't seem to be in alignment with the second tick marks. It's always slightly more towards the center point of the marks than on the mark. Makes me wonder about the set-up time Citizen spends per watch. With no need to wind or replace batteries for years, in theory, I'm looking forward to wearing this a while.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.