Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 46 reviews
on March 4, 2012
This is my second Citizen Eco-Drive watch I have ordered through Amazon.com. (My old rubber strapped Seiko Arctura kinetic began losing time and stopping after many years of use. I had sent it out for repair more than once, and it likely had a failed capacitor). I purchased this Citizen Men's BV1080-18A Sport Eco-Drive Strap Watch recently to replace the Seiko. As a new offering from Citizen, no reviews were available on this watch before I ordered mine, and this is my first post ever on a product review. It is definately an attractive timepiece with its large white face; easy-to-read wide black hour and minute hands; red second hand housed in its own display and date window. Because it runs on light (ambient or artificial) it is NO maintenance. On top of that, it keeps perfect time. The silver-colored case and beige canvas strap adds to its look and comfort. I am very satisfied with both of my Citizen Eco-Drive watches.
on October 8, 2012
A great watch that does the one thing watches are supposed to do---accurately displays the time. Absent are the "chronograph" features none of us use, and it does not start your coffee in the morning or clock the revolutions of Jupiter's moons. Looks good with all sport clothes, but don't wear it to the opera. Fit and finish are excellent, and the canvas band is well made and has a leather backing. Face design is clean and elegant. Price relative to fit, finish, design, and function is excellent. This is my third EcoDrive watch.
on June 25, 2012
watches are kind of personal and not everybody likes the same features. (end of speech.) anyway, i really like this one. the size is large but not too jumbo. the band is woven nylon with a nice smooth sewn in liner that is very comfortable. the best feature is that the face is extremely easy to read. sort of like the old railroad face, but updated. i like the small second hand dial at 6. the date window is very small. )personally, i wish it didn't have one at all, but it is small.) as far as i can tell so far, there is no illumination of either the face or hands. seems to keep time well, so far.

5 year warranty. claimed water proof to 110m.

price is a little high, but it appears to be a high quality product and it looks cool. (IMHO it looks a lot better in person than the picture on the website.)

they also have it with the black face, that had me tempted. i'm glad i went with this one. VERY EASY TO READ AT A GLANCE.

UPDATE: watch still works great and looks great. price has come down about $30 since i bought mine. i did replace the band because the tan one got dirty too easily. instead i replaced it with a Hadley-Roma Men's MSM740RA 220 22-mm Black Silicone Layered Leather Watch Strap looks really sharp on this watch! watch continues to keep great time and the battery backup works perfect.
on July 23, 2013
I just received my Eco-Drive in the mail, and it looks fantastic. I couldn't be happier with this watch so far. The face size and depth is exactly what I was looking for, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the silver is a bit shinier than it looks in the picture. The silver around the sides looks pretty much the same as pictured- it has a light brushed metal finish. But the top ring is crystal clear like a mirror, which looks really great. The band is also higher quality than I expected, as I was a little worried about the band getting worn out due to the material it's made of. It does not seem like it will fray- the material is very strong from what I can tell. If you are thinking about getting this watch, I suggest you do. I had it on my wish list for quite some time, and once I saw it drop to $119, I pulled the trigger. You will not regret it if you do the same. Cheers.
on August 21, 2013
The good: this watch is elegant and well built and big on the wrist but not overly so like some of the gigantic watches that have been going around lately. As an additional public service beyond the scope of this review -if you're thinking about buying one of those huge watches, please don't. Just trying to keep the world classy.

The bad: Although it is super cool that they can make black paint somehow glow in the dark, the real-life application on this watch doesn't quite pan out. After application of bright light it does actually glow in the dark, for a while, but it doesn't hold long. Also the wrist band soaks up sweat and gets smelly pretty easily. It looks great but could bear a replacement that isn't so absorbent.
on December 11, 2013
I really like this Citizen, it is very easy to read and after changing the band for a leather one - it looks great for work. The date is set a good deal off of the face - which can make it hard to read at an angle. You almost have to be looking straight on the watch to be able to see the date. I really like the separate second hand function, it give the watch a nice look. The glow feature to read this watch in the dark is a little darker in comparison to a similar Citizen I own with a black face. It can be hard to read, but I don't often need my watch in the dark so this isn't a deal breaker for me. I highly recommend this watch, but would recommend to change the band. Aside from preferring a leather look, I found the band which has metal around the eyelets to be slightly uncomfortable.
on August 7, 2013
First thing I liked is that this does not need Battery Replacement. Also it is not an automatic, that gets wound by motion.
It is powered by Light and even if you dont wear every day, the charge will hold for quite long time (Citizen says 6 months) once fully charged. Product documentation says it takes around 5-6 hours in Bright sunlight to fully charge. Not bad at all.
I have another Eco-Drive World Chronograph, that has charge level indicator. That would have been useful. But still considering this holds charge for months, it is not sorely missed.
I dislike that this is a Big dial and also thicker. For small wrists it might look big.
on February 25, 2013
This is definitely a "basic watch". No frills. I bought this for a senior citizen who just wants a watch to tell time. The only instruction I gave him was that he should not take it off and store it in a closed desk. It has run a month with no problems and did not need to be reset. Oh, I got a great price through Amazon. Delivery was great.
on May 31, 2013
I liked the watch right after unboxing it but it did not last long. The problems are:
1. Scratch: just after few days I realized it is a real scratch magnet - no mater how hard I was trying to avoid them!
2. Bad Strap: The strap also wore off quickly. After a couple of month wearing the watch, it turned to my backyard. It is also so small that I should use the last two holes.
3. The date window is too small to see the double digit dates.

I am using the watch when lawning and working in the backyard now. I wish I have bought a Seiko 5 with the price.
on August 11, 2013
I got this watch because I wanted a simple, sturdy watch that wouldn't break after 6 months. The warranty on the citizen watches is pretty good. I picked this style because I love the watch face. It's simple and stylish. The band is more olive in color than is pictured here, but if that's a deal breaker, keep in mind you can buy a different band (the face would go well with a black or brown band as well). It is of solid construction and has a good weight to it.

Altogether, it's a good buy if it's the style you're looking for.