Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 52 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 56 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 9, 2014
Excellent, analog Citizen!

This is my second Citizen watch and is used exclusively at work where I need to see the time and nothing else. The luminous numbers light up well in a patient's room when the lights are dimmed.

The band, which is cloth, will become smelly and bacteria ridden within a few weeks. However, I found a solution with the Rubbertech Silicone Rubber band here:

The numbers will confuse some people as the minutes are more pronounced than the hours, but it actually works better for viewing. The second hand is luminous as well.

I put the watch in a glass of water overnight with no issues.

A very nice watch for everyday work wear and casual attire.
review image review image review image
on December 26, 2013
Citizen is my new favorite watch maker. I've ordered six Eco-Drive watches this past year and no regrets. As a watch collector I have two Rolex watches, one from 1944 and the other 1950. In addition, I own over 50 watches, a varied collection of all types and makers. I've put them all away under my bed since I've started collecting the Eco-Drive models I've purchased through Amazon. I love these watches and the Citizen Men's BV1085-14E Eco-Drive Watch is my 4th Citizen watch purchase out of six.
This watch is beautiful, I love the yellow hands and numbers against the black face and bezel. I enjoy looking at this watch and I always receive a compliment or two when I wear it.
The main reason I give this watch a 5 star rating is due to its accuracy. I've had this watch 5 or 6 months and it hasn't missed a second of accuracy.
If you like black, sleek watches, this one is for you!
on June 22, 2015
The face is a great size, not too small or too big and sturdy enough for my husband to work with every day. He loves the the band and says it is very comfortable. He prefers this type of band for work, leather or rubber makes him sweat. Dial is very easy to read and the way it glows at night is beautiful! Love the contrast of the yellow against the black. EcoDrive is the only watches my husband wants from now on, this is his third one. This one is very easy to set and it accurate to the minute. I've read some reviews that say the date is difficult to read, it is a bit recessed into the dial but he has no difficulty seeing it at all and neither do I. Price is right and it is a great looking watch for every day, either blue collar work work or casual wear.
on July 21, 2014
This watch looks great. Not too big, not too small. Beautiful black case. Very easy to read. Strap is OK, and not short as read in other reviews, and I weigh 200lbs so I don't have skinny wrists... Yes, it's basic and could use a more premium strap, but it's comfortable. Excellent quality price at a good price. Really happy about this purchase so far.
on March 12, 2015
Fantastic watch, but the mechanical device for the date isn't reliable. If you don't time it perfectly and keep a full charge on the Eco-Drive system, the watch will lag behind by 12 hours and change dates at 1200hours instead of 0000hours.

But I love it. The band is high quality, you can slide a compass over the end if you disconnect it (which I did with ease and a razor blade). I would definitely recommend it. 9/10 quality overall. The lens shouldn't be the crystal. It should be a harder mineral. But whatever, I can buff that out with some Polywatch and 600-2000grit wetsanding in the long run.
on January 5, 2015
Another great Eco-Drive watch from Citizens. I like the yellow numerals. I use this as a sports watch and the numbers are clearly visible at any time of day or weather condition. Con: Although I have read some reviews that say they like the canvass band that comes with the watch, I found it very uncomfortable and ended up ordering a rubber Voguestrap TX2232 Allstrap band that perfectly fits the watch and is more comfortable in my opinion. I tried to find a high quality rubber watch band sold directly by Citizens but was unable to locate one.
on November 22, 2014
After returning a couple of watches, I've finally found the one for me. I like the all black and yellow look and I paired the watch with the Hadley-Roma 22-mm Black Kevlar strap. Looks pretty darn awesome. I've owned the watch for about a month and the only negative I can come up with is that it is hard to read the hands at night. You would think with the color, it would glow no problems. It fades away after a couple of minutes in the dark.

Great quality and I'm thrilled with the purchase. Glad I got a Citizens...
on October 20, 2014
Bold, high contrast easy to read face and hands, this watch is relatively large but slim enough so it fits under a buttoned shirt cuff easily, it only provides basic time functions which is exactly what I wanted but it does so with tech styling, the watch is well made and the cloth band is very comfortable. I set the time with the Naval Observatory' s atomic clock and so far it's accurate to the second. Also, Eco Drive has no batteries to replace, nice job Citizen, overall a great every day watch.
on July 21, 2014
While I like the watch I had to return it because it would not keep accurate time. I think the capacitor was bad as it did not seem to stay charged. This is my 3rd Eco-drive watch, the first is a dress watch and it didn't want to wear it everyday, so I got a model similar to this one, but I misplaced it and ordered this one. In the end I would order it again if I was choosing a good everyday watch
on November 27, 2015
nice larger faced watch. the band fits nicely and is not too stiff. The hands are luminous in the dark, but a little hard to see. very solid, quality feel to the watch and the band. I am satisfied with the purchase.