Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Men's CA0295-58E Eco-Drive Nighthawk Stainless Steel Watch
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on May 6, 2013
I haven't wore it as of yet as I need to have a link taken out, so unless it's a dud I can't see myself not enjoying this watch... As mentioned in all the other reviews.. It's hard to see in low light situations, however I bought it for day light use and cosmetic reasons.
on March 25, 2016
This purchase is my 3rd Citizen Echo Drive. I just bought this watch two days ago from Littman Jewelers for $320 which I could not pass up. Absolutely a stunning watch. Very light weight. It has a 24 hour hand on the left side so you know if it is AM or PM plus the chronograph feature. Date window at 3pm is hard to read but what would you expect from an all black watch. I would caution to be aware of your surroundings while wearing as the black coated ion will scratch very easily if your not careful. A lot of negative reviews on here about that watch durability(If you bump any watch into a table or door your going to mess it up!), that is just common sense! The lum on watch is strong once under lighted conditions inside or outside. The watch does not lay flat so unless you have a watch box with pillows you will have to keep in the case it comes in for storage.. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice sleek looking watch that requires no battery.
on August 6, 2015
Great looking watch, not too heavy, comfortable fit on my smallish wrist after removing a few links. I've been careful and haven't made any big scratches in the finish but there are a couple tiny ones and for the price/brand I would have expected better durability. As others have said this is impossible to read in the dark, especially if you're colorblind. It would not have been hard for them to put in a little light or some better glow-in-the-dark paint but in the grand scheme of things "I can't read my watch in the dark" is a first-world problem and it doesn't really matter to me. Shining the light from your phone on it for a couple minutes buys you a couple hours of glow but won't make it through the night. If your watch is the only way you can know what time it is at night I'd skip this one but otherwise it's a great accessory.

Due to the issues we've all mentioned it's not the best choice if you're someone who wants just one watch and plans to wear it all the time, but if you have multiple watches and only trot out the nice ones occasionally it's a great and unique pick.
on December 15, 2014
I was hesitant to make the purchase b/c of so many reviews around the finish wearing easily, but I have had no issues. The only thing I would say is that I don't think I will ever find a real use for the Tachymeter. I wear this watch every day and continue to receive compliments. Love the watch!
on November 12, 2014
This is my favorite watch and I've received far more compliments about it than my other silver watches.

Just don't plan on telling the time if you're walking in the dark without a light source around because it's all much darker than the pic shows.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2014
Super slick watch. Hundreds less on Amazon. It is half statement and half utilitarian. It is black on black on black so it is true that it proves difficult to read in the dark but at an angle I can still read it just fine. The compliments that you will receive will make you forget all about this shortcoming. Plus if you need to see the time in the dark, just pull out your cell phone.
on February 3, 2016
I got this watch as a gift and I absolutely love it. The black finish only comes off if you're constantly rubbing and bumping it against things. In that case, losing the finish of your watch is the least of your worries. If you're getting a black on black watch, don't count on being able to see it at night. At least I don't. It's extremely stylish and I get lots of compliments on it. It's a perfect size, the face looks great, and the band is perfect width. A truly great watch to wear.
on April 23, 2014
First day the finish on the band began to wear off. The band itself is a much cheaper metal than the watch body. The watch looks great and the eco-drive is awesome, but for the price a decent quality band should be expected.
on May 13, 2014
I have owned this watch for a year and a half and i have loved every second of it, great quality sleek look and goes with any style of clothing. The eco drive technology is the best, i would definitely recommend this watch to anyone looking to buy a nice mid priced watch.
on April 30, 2012
I am a collector of black watches, this nighthawk is amazing. The stock picture does not do it justice. I am not sure why someone says they cannot tell time on it, I can see it fine. The hands and face are a different shade of black, the hands look almost a slightly grayish color (visible in stock pic) and also illuminate in green after being in the sun. The eco-drive technology has not let me down yet.

I have another black ion plated Citizen watch (AR3015-53E) and the black easily scratches off of it even from just wearing it and writing with the same hand, Citizen has improved that and it is not the case anymore. I have been wearing this watch daily and not one scuff has showed up even after a few dings here and there.

I especially like the sub-dial at the 9 o'clock position that points to whether it is noon or midnight, as if it were always night and I couldn't tell! Really nice touch. This watch gets complimented often. Would recommend this watch, especially from Amazon. I pre-ordered and was guaranteed the price and know it's authentic. Saw this watch at a local department store and it was 150$ more. Thanks Amazon!