Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 159 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 210 reviews
on March 13, 2014
I love the way this watch looks and have gotten countless compliments on it. This is my first "higher end" watch (over $100) and while I do love the looks, I must say I am not impressed with the durability. Particularly the crystal face. Now I only wear this watch when I'm getting dressed up to go out, so maybe 2-3 times a month. I don't think I'm very hard on watched either, I've had the same $40 Timex for 5 years now that I wear to work everyday and it still looks almost new. It seems to me that this Citizen has a much softer face than my Timex. In less than a years time there are multiple, noticeable, scratches on it. One time I lightly bumped it off a table in a restaurant by accident and took a good size chunk out of the side bezel of the crystal.

I'm afraid to wear this watch out anymore. Plain and simple for the price I paid for it I would have expected something more durable. The rest of the watch still looks good, the black finish etc. but I'm one of those people who likes to keep my stuff looking brand new, so for me this was extremely irritating.

If your looking for something to keep in your collection and wear once every few years then this is the watch for you. If you are looking for something to wear everyday, and like me you get irritated when scratches seem to appear out of no-where I would look elsewhere.
on December 30, 2014
I bought my watch about a month ago and held of on completing a review on it until now. Without a doubt I absolutely love my watch! I do not have any regrets buying it even after reading some reviews indicating that it could be hard to read in the dark. To those comments all I can say is it's a black watch without a light what do you expect. The watchband is easy to size and most would be able to complete this task by themselves. If your unsure of your abilities there are videos available on YouTube to view.

The watch wears perfectly on my wrist. It's functions are simple. Powered by light you never need to worry about replacing batteries. I would buy another watch like this in a heartbeat. I highly recommend this watch.
on February 24, 2017
First and foremost, yes, it is black. It is all black. Yes, you have to study it a little more carefully to discern the time but that is to be expected with a watch that is all one color and it is not difficult. If you didn't want an all black watch, why did you buy it? This is my 5th Citizen Eco-Drive and it is as great as the rest of them. I find no issues with the finish or durability. I can only suspect that those who had problems got a fake.
on February 23, 2012
Love this watch! All black-plated stainless steal with charcoal gray numbers and dials that glow in the dark, however remain discrete in daylight. As are all Citizen's watches, this has Eco-Drive functionality and does NOT require a battery. I wear this watch to work with a button down long sleeve shirt and tie and have received many compliments! No complaints.
review image
1313 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2017
Great quality watch, looks great dressed up or down. The glow dials don't really last long or work but they are cool; it would be really neat to see these made from tritanium then this watch would be top notch. The pictures don't do it justice, and this is the second one I've owned, sadly the first was lost in some shady circumstances years ago so I was happy to repurchase (and keep a better eye on it).
on January 6, 2017
Nice but you can easily scratch it and underneath is a silver color.
All in all it's a beautiful watch
on July 15, 2017
Excellent wristwatch. Have had mine for 4 years now. Powder-coating is starting to wear around the strap and a couple of minor scratches on the face, but I've worn it every day for 4 years. Holds up great to office activity, yard work, and play.

EcoDrive works well too. Nice to not need to change batteries. I'm a big fan of Citizen watches and this one shows promise of being around for a lifetime or more, and I hope to be able to pass it on someday.
on December 7, 2016
I love eco drive watches. This would have been my third if I had kept it. The problem was being able to read the time. After all, that is the primary reason for wearing one. Aside from that it's a beautiful watch.
on January 3, 2016
I bought this for my husband for Christmas and I am now returning it. It is so difficult to read the face in the day time. At night the face glows but during the day its almost impossible to read.
on April 9, 2017
A very stylish watch. My only quibble has to do with the low contrast between the watch hands and face. If there is any reflection at all on the crystal it is just about impossible to read the time! We'll see how this works out over the long haul.