Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 31, 2013
In at least one respect, watches are a lot like people: they tend to be of more abstract interest if they have distinctive faces. I have a minor collection of solar watches, primarily Citizens and Seikos, and if there is one shortcoming they have in common it is that their dials tend to be rather bland. Understanding that this may have something to do with the materials/colors necessary for their light-gathering function, and appreciating that both companies are improving their offerings in this regard, I'm always on the lookout for timepieces with dials that are, well, different. This is one such watch.

First, the white/silver hands juxtaposed with the almost-midnight-black dial ensure the watch, including the sub-dials, is instantly readable from just about any angle and in just about any light (note, though, that the hands' luminescence is modest). The hour and minute hands are slim but long enough and just wide enough that there's no confusing them with the chrono's sweep second hand when the chrono is operating. So, unless you wear watches primarily as jewelry, you'll actually be able to tell the time at a glance.

Second, the piece's diameter of 42mm is just about right for the sake of readability and to be worn in comfort. It is my personal size limit and I've never understood why a watch need be larger for whatever timekeeping purpose. And, despite its thickness, the case is lighter than it first appears.

Finally, and as with all Citizen watches I've purchased, its finish and operation are first-rate, especially for its relatively modest price. I have a couple of other, less expensive Citizen chrono's and this one's movement is definitely smoother and more refined than those; the return of the hands to their `start' positions tells the tale. Also, the case's black coating is flawless, perfectly complements the dial color, and should ensure years of reasonably rugged use. It comes on a nicely made brown leather band, but I've already switched to an Italian silicone deployment in black and the combination looks really sharp.

In sum, this one's a winner. But if you want one, you'd better get a move on: it is out of production and few online dealers have remaining stock. Might as well start 2014 by putting a good face on it!
on November 16, 2013
I had gotten this watch to wear out for when you want to get dressed up. Works and looks good. Wanted to only wear once or twice a week, can't take this thing off. Its just so nice to look at, and this watch doesn't have all that god awful reflective silvery "chrome" finish. The colors let you wear it with most outfits which is really nice. Very satisfied with this purchase. Normally I wear casio g shocks, or my pebble. But this could easily be my every day kind of watch. I recommend highly
on February 19, 2013
I bought this for my husband for our anniversary and he thought it was great! The black face and brown band make this a versatile watch. He wears it with jeans and t-shirts as well as suits. He liked the look of this watch because there is no chrome/silver look on it. Leather band is comfortable and alligator style texture makes this a real fashion statement for the unfashionable man.
on February 21, 2016
I bought this watch in 2013 with the seller having have a 5 year warranty. In the beginning I loved it so much I purchased another Citizen watch. Less than three years the watch just stopped working. I figured it was because it was fueled by light but even then wearing for days at a time the watch was slow ,never kept the correct time or date. Shame because the watch was beautiful.
on December 24, 2013
My husband really wanted a nice leather strap watch that was eco-drive or solar so he didn't have to worry about batteries. This watch is perfect since it can be dressed up or kept casual, and we like that it can go with black or brown attire. The style resembles a Nixon or Vestal, which is the look my 25 year old surfer husband loves. The leather strap is a little lighter in person compared to the image, but it's still really nice. Great price for a beautiful watch!
on December 22, 2013
My girlfriend got me this watch for Christmas. I wanted a watch with a leather band and no distracting chrome. It's really comfortable, looks great, and I'll never have to wind it or set the battery! I just got it about a week ago so I can't talk about how long it will last. Maybe someday I'll update this review.
on October 24, 2013
Bought this for my husband and he absolutely loves it. He generally wears plaid shirts, jeans and boots and the watch goes great great with it. Since my husband sails, I was trying to find a watch with more useful functions such as stop watch, compass, tide indicator, but they were all too flashy and bulky.
Purchased this watch a couple weeks ago and have not had any problems with it, and I highly recommend this watch!.
on January 28, 2014
The website photo of this watch looks elegant and minimalistic. In reality the three dials on the face are highly reflective, creating distracting radial lines in many directions under overhead light. What I imagined to be a simple, beautiful watch is in fact a busy, distracting watch with way too much going on. Amazon's excellent returns service came in handy, and I bought another Citizen watch that really IS simple and elegant.
on January 18, 2014
This is one beautiful watch!!! If you look at this watch at an angle, even with only very little moonlight, you will be able to tell the time. Brilliant Engineering! The hands will glow in complete darkness, dim but still easy to tell the time with just the placement of the hands and no numbers. Eco-Drive technology, beautiful watch, brilliant engineering, worn casual or dress, this can't be beat! I highly recommend this watch.
on December 25, 2013
Beautiful watch, very elegant looking. Genuine leather band. Plus it's an eco drive so it never needs a battery replacment.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.