Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 169 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 183 reviews
on December 30, 2012
If you are looking for a great basic watch, this is it. Never need batteries. My wrist is small and this fits great. It is hard to find quality, small watch faces
I used to be a Timex watch person. But the cheapness of the straps and the constant demand of replacing batteries grew old and annoying. Then someone told me about ECO drive watches.
This is one of 4 that I own now. I have dressy ones, ones with metal bracelets, but I love this one the most.
The face is easy to read, the leather strap holds up to dousing with water and doesn't dissolve, and the crystal face has not scratched despite being banged into things all the time.
Best of all, no more running out of batteries. No one can go wrong with this watch. My eyes are too old to read the date function, but my watch keeps me on time, all the time. I will never get any other brand of watches any more.
0Comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2017
I love this watch. But I hesitate to give it a strong recommendation because of the wasteful packaging. The box it comes in is much too large for a simple watch. However, it is made of quite sturdy material so I thought I could repurpose it - it would make a nice container for something else.. Unfortunately that was not possible because the part that holds the watch cannot be removed, so the box can only be used to display a watch --who needs that if you are not a retail store? The packaging says "Proudly made of recycled material" and "Please recycle," which is all well and good, but they seem to forget the "reduce" and "reuse" part of the recycling symbol. All that recycling is negated by the over packaging. Better to have made a simple box in the first place.
on July 14, 2015
I wear this watch every day. It looks fantastic. My only complaint is that I can no longer adjust the date. I was able to set the date when I first got the watch, but after 3 months the knob would no longer pull out to the second position to allow the date to be adjusted. I first assumed that I just wasn't doing it correctly and asked several other people to give it a shot. They were also unable to move the knob. For such an expensive watch I expected better quality.
on August 5, 2016
This is just the cutest little darn watch. I have a small wrist and need a professional-looking watch without bling to wear to work. The date feature on my last Timex decided to stop working a few months ago and changing the batteries out was a major hassle. I've only had this Citizen for 1 week, but I've been impressed so far. It was easy to charge and set - better user interface but same functionality as a basic Timex. It may be marginally slimmer than a Timex, but nothing noticeable. The band is very nice high quality leather - a little stiff, but it is shaping to my wrist a little more each day. Time will tell if the ECO-drive technology actually works, but I've heard good things from others.
on March 17, 2017
We sent this back but it wasn't the watches fault. The watch is so small it's difficult to read the numbers. Eco drives are the best. They cost more but you get more. No battery replacement and 5 year manufacturer warranty. Great for ladies who look at their watch a lot and want an unobtrusive watch, e.g. teacher, nurse, etc.
on December 9, 2014
Don't get me wrong. I have used Citizen Eco Drive watches for a long time and know they are very reliable. I prefer my Citizen Eco Drive dive watch to my Rolex Submariner for normal use because, for example, it is more rugged and runs months longer off my wrist. This is a nice watch but not the perfect watch for my SO and it also points out the deficiencies in the current Citizen models for women.

I bought this for the SO who approves. The reason was to get out of doing the frequent battery changes needed by her Timex collection (I hate cheap watches with snap in backs- both opening and closing them is a nuisance). The Citizen women's Eco Drive line badly needs an expansion to precisely suit gals with her taste- eg slightly wider waterproof rubber straps (12-13 mm, not 9 mm like this one) and slightly larger case (4-5 mm larger) to match Timex women's models in appearance. This watch is more suitable for dress use than rugged use and less readable than those in a bit larger case or with contrasting hands. Citizen has many models for women with metal bands but the SO hates metal bands.
on March 3, 2017
My daughter loved it 'till the crystal cracked. It is over the return date so have to go through the manufacturers warranty and you know that's never very easy. They said the warranty does not cover the crystal. Only had it for a few months, I've owned watches from Walmart for years that have never had a problem. This is disappointing to say the least.
on October 14, 2016
I bought this to replace a very old Eco-drive which had stopped working reliably. This came out of the box and is dead....I am attempting to charge it but nothing is happening.
Is is possible that his watch has been out of the light for so long it will never charge?

Edit....Changed to 5 stars.....The watch just needed a lot more time to charge than I had seen before ( 5 previous eco-drive purchases watches between my daughters and myself). Once charged it is working perfectly.....
on December 12, 2014
I ordered this watch on the 9th and received it on the 12th! Amazing delivery time!

However, I'm not sure I will be keeping the watch because its difficult to tell the time on it. The numbers are black but the second, minute and hour hands are silver which makes it difficult to read unless you tilt your wrist a certain way. I should have paid closer attention to the picture since the hands are all silver on it. I would have probably bought a different watch had I realized this. I'm not sure I want to go to all the trouble of returning this one so I'll try to adjust to it.