Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Women's EW1272-01P Eco-Drive Gold-Tone Stainless Steel Watch with Brown Leather Band
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

on May 16, 2009
I saw the battery operated version of this watch in a jewelry store and loved all the available functions (second hand, day indicator) and the elegant look for the very reasonable price. I almost bought it there but the saleswoman could not get it to work because of a dead battery. So I came to Amazon, saw the Eco-Drive version, read the reviews and decided to go for it. So glad I did. I am delighted with this watch. The gold tone with pearlized face is especially elegant, and if you like leather bands as I do, this one is great: a patterned, shiny brown. It's a 12mm size so nice replacements in darker browns, blacks or even fad colors are easily found. Everyone has complimented me on it. You won't be disappointed. It's tailored, stylish and, of course, quite functional.
on August 26, 2009
My wife is very petite and had been looking for a small watch that she'd never have to replace the battery. I was pretty happy to come accross this one. Seemed like the perfect combination. However, I should have paid more attention to a comment someone else had made. She noted that the size and the grooves in the face made it a bit hard to read at a glance. Turns out that was an understatement.

My wife still wears it, but reports that she often has to move the watch to a certain angle and look a couple of times to get the time. The hands tend to blend in with the dial. Also, the dial throws off a glare in certain light. So, I definitely regret this gift. You might too...

If anyone from Citizen happens to read this, here's a suggestion: Just make the hands and the dial contrasting colors.
on October 3, 2013
In buying this watch, I was looking for an everyday watch that was unassuming and would hold up well. It is definitely a quality watch. I have worn it every day for a little over a year and there are no visible scratches on the face of the watch and the leather band as held up well in light water conditions (getting wet while washing hands or face, down pour of rain, etc.)
I am giving the watch 4 stars because I am a little unhappy with its size. I was looking for a smaller watch but, when purchasing this watch I was expecting the face of the watch to be slightly bigger. The time is not easy to glance at quickly.
***Also be aware that the leather band has a tortoise style and has very prominent red undertones. It doesn't really show up in Amazon's pictures.
on November 25, 2012
I have owned a Citizen battery watch for 18 years and still wear it. It keeps excellent time, has not tarnished, and has never had a problem, all for a reasonable price, so it's the only brand I would buy now. I bought this new one for the Eco-Drive and calendar. This watch is beautiful and semi-dressy in appearance and keeps excellent time, plus it has a five-year warranty. The band is a high quality auburn leather, soft and comfortable. Readability: I wear bifocals and find the face and calendar to be easy to read at a glance using my reading focus; but the calendar would be small and hard to read for someone who needs reading glasses and doesn't wear them all the time. Reflectivity: The watch face has a luminescent surface which is a bit reflective in strong overhead indoor light (though not in outdoor light). I don't personally find it bothersome, though a few posters here did. Pay attention to the size measurement photo that Amazon includes with its watches--some posters did not. The watch face, excluding the dial, is about 20 mm wide, which is about 3/4 of an inch, a standard size for a ladies' watch. It comes with instructions on how to set the calendar which are clear and probably standard. Overall, I love the watch, and if it wears as well as my old Citizen, plus never needs a battery replacement, I will feel it's a real bargain.

Update 6/14: After 1 1/2 years, the watch is working perfectly. The band has worn well. I also bought the silver with black band model and alternate them with different outfits. Both are holding up very well and I'm very pleased with them.
on November 3, 2014
Beware, this is a very small size wrist watch. But it really looks great! My wife has small hands & this watch fitted perfectly on her wrist, & it really looked wonderful, she liked it very much & was so pleased with it. We both were.
on July 21, 2008
I gave this watch as a gift and it is of excellent quality and style. If you like leather bands you will love this watch.
on October 2, 2013
I am enjoying this women's Citizen Eco-Drive watch. It fills my needs in a very stylish manner. It is not too big and even though the hands are gold, their shape is easy to see.
on December 9, 2015
This watch had the size and color that I was looking for but I was disappointed to find that the face wasn't easy to read. The numerals don't stand out as well as they appear to in the picture -- the gold face and the gold numerals blend -- and make it difficult to read at quick glance. It looks like this watch will hold up over time but it isn't very fashionable. The sewing on the band is somewhat coarse and cheap looking. I returned this watch and kept my Kate Spade brown leather watch, instead.
on May 29, 2015
I love it! This is such a classy little watch and the bonus is it never needs winding. I love the Eco-Drive watches so much that I bought one with a black band and white face as another option for dress. You just can't go wrong with these watches. After years of buying and replacing batteries this watch pays for itself!
on December 8, 2014
I bought it and returned it as it was pretty small. It is probably perfect for anyone who like small. It looks great. The band is real leather and very nice. I am a man and I bought it for my sister for her 60th birthday. So I returned it and bought her another Eco Drive that is a little larger and nicer. I love the Eco Drives. I have 2 men's Eco Drives for myself that I love.

See 1 answered question