Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 431 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 459 reviews
on July 17, 2016
This watch keeps perfect time to the second. It's a great watch, I have worn a Seiko thin watch for many years and it was very light so I was use to a light weight watch. And this Citizen watch is a little heavier than what I'm used to however I'm getting used to it. I like wearing my watch loose similar to a loose bracelet and this watch came sized perfect for me. It's a nice size, it's very nice for work, casual, going out or play. If you are looking for a nice dependable watch this one is it.
review image review image
on March 3, 2012
I needed a new watch for everyday wear. At 54, the tiny numbers for the date on my everyday watch were difficult to read and my dressy watch didn't include a date. About the time it was beginning to bug me that I couldn't read the date, my Timex everyday watch quit ticking for good and made replacing it mandatory! I searched and searched for a watch that was highly recommended for quality and reliability, yet would be very easy to read quickly (I teach elementary school). I was quite nervous about choosing a watch via the Internet but the selection and prices were too good to ignore. This Citizen's watch has (so far) been everything I was looking for. The time and date are quite easy to read, the bracelet is high quality and comfortable and it looks nice enough to wear to dressier functions if I want. Some previous reviewers complained about having to go to a jeweler to take the links out of the bracelet. I think it's only practical that Citizen made the watch large enough to fit any purchaser. You can always have the links removed. I like a somewhat loose fit so had the jeweler remove 6 links and for less than $10 had a perfect fit! I would highly recommend the watch to anyone who wants a practical, yet dressy watch....especially if you're a baby boomer and clarity has become a priority!!
on January 31, 2011
I had another Citizen eco-drive watch for about 11 years. The first one had actually failed on me after one year, but Citizen repaired it quickly for only the price of shipping, even though I didn't have the receipt anymore-- So kudos the customer support of Citizen. That watch actually still works today, but, I just got tired of it after 11 years (I'm the type to wear one watch 24-7, I don't switch). Besides, it was from my ex-husband and I'm remarried so I wanted something new anyway! I received this one about a week ago and I keep admiring it on my wrist, and I look forward to owning it for many years. Of course I needed it to be resized but the local department store did it for only $10, so no big deal.
Not having had to change a battery for over 10 years is a nice thing, especially when a watch is water-resistant and you don't want to have to mess with that just to change a battery.

Love my eco-drive watches!
22 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2011
Love this new watch! It combines silver/gold styling so that it coordinates with whatever jewelry I decide to wear. It's extremely comfortable on the wrist. The white face and clear numbering make it easy to read. And, I'll never have to replace a battery...since there is none! :-) Because it was made to fit many different size wrists, and mine is very small, I did have to have 5 links removed. Saw another review where there was a complaint about not being able to do it himself. However,when getting a more expensive watch, paying a jeweler $10 to correctly remove the links isn't a problem...esp. since Amazon offered it at a nice price and didn't charge sales tax. Would definitely recommend this watch to anyone considering it!
on September 22, 2011
I received a Citizen Eco-Drive almost 4 years ago and I'm still in love with it. I decided to never buy another hand watch, except Citizen Eco-Drive kind, so this one will be a X'mas present for my Mom. I was mesmerized with the look of this watch when I opened the box, and I almost kept it for me. Definitely, its big numerals will be greater appreciated by someone older than me, and I bet my Mom will love it.
The watch came very well packed, has its own nice watch box placed in another cardboard one, signed by Citizen, and was delivered by USPS in one week. It is a wonderful gift for any woman.
on June 5, 2012
I was looking for a good looking everyday watch. Read all the reviews on this one and have to say I absolutely love it. The face is easy to read, love the black numbers. I always like a two-tone bracelet and this just works perfectly. The bracelet was a little large and I don't have a tiny wrist. Took it into the jeweler at our local Sears store and she only charged me $5. to remove 3 sections. Very happy with this watch and it keeps excellent time. The date is difficult for my "old eyes" to read but that was not an important factor to me.
on October 25, 2014
I looked for this watch for several months..I priced this watch and that and put them in my cart to look at them later.

I wanted a watch that is water resistant and not just wash your hands resistant. I also wanted a watch face that was fashionable but one I can actually see. I also wanted one that was two toned and delicate enough for a person like me that has small wrists and features. And lastly and most important for me I wanted a watch that was reasonably priced and where I would never have to replace the battery.

The jewelry stores have gotten this attitude that NOTHING is waterproof anymore and so they don't worry about replacing that rubber gasket around the inside of the watch when they replace the battery. I've lost more than one watch this way. I used to be able to count on Timex or Timex Explorers but not so anymore. I'm through with that brand.

Right now this is my new favorite watch and I hope in two years it still will be. Citizen proclaims that the watch will stay charged for days and days and maybe years if you are a vampire and never see the light of day but only artificial light or if you are a normal person and stay outside all the time in sunlight.

The hands do light up or glow at night and its easy to make out what time it is. This is a fairly simple watch with no whistles or gadgets. Its my NEW FAVORITE WATCH!!!!!!
on May 22, 2014
I'm kind of a Timex Texan, wearing a watch for utility and accuracy, but their batteries always gave out and it was a pain (and expense) to replace them. I wanted what for me would be a "luxury watch" and I didn't want to keep trotting back to the jewelers to get a new battery. I fell in love with this Citizen the moment I spotted it online because of the style and the fact that this watch could be both gorgeous and readable, and the best part, the "Eco-Drive" would keep this watch running for years. It even says if I put it in a drawer for a while, it will still keep time for months!

Pros: A clear face dial with nice numbers
Gold and silver design, very elegant
Bracelet band allows for true sizing
Watch hands glow in the dark
Has a Second hand
Shows date
Batteries not needed!

Cons: I'm admittedly old, but the time and date is difficult for me to set, tiny increments in the stem
befuddle me!

Despite the one "con," I think this watch is absolutely beautiful and absolutely worth the price. In fact, I
talked my husband into paying for it for our anniversary!
on May 16, 2017
I just got the watch but so far, so good. I bought it because I hate watches with batteries. Especially when I'm traveling. They always die at the most inconvenient time. The face is clear & I can read it without my glasses. The date is impossible to read with or without glasses. The watch band is very large. I had to have 5 links removed so I could wear it. The links have to be removed by a jeweler. Lastly, in order to register the watch with Citizen, you need certain info etched on the back of the watch. The writing is so tiny it's impossible to read without a very powerful magnifying glass.
on December 18, 2014
My Darling Bride comes from a VERY underprivileged background, and has only ever bought $10 Walmart watches. She's literally never had a watch that cost more than $25.

So for her birthday this year I bought her this. And she's absolutely thrilled!

Thrilled that it's a fine jewelry-store grade timepiece. Thrilled that it looks awesome on her, whatever she's wearing. And thrilled that it never needs batteries or winding. We may have to adjust the date from month to month, but this thing is powered by ambient light. Natural or artificial! So a few hours in light, and it'll keep time in a drawer for months.

And she's thrilled that it has numbers around the dial... she's always had trouble with watches without numbers or with Roman numerals. This solves that problem perfectly.

I highly recommend this timepiece. If you want to thrill the sweetie in your life, this is a good start.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.