Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Citizen Eco-Drive Men's AT4008-51E Perpetual Chron...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 33% off the $595.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
|Price:||$446.25 & FREE Shipping. FREE Returns. Details|
|You Save:||$148.75 (25%)|
- Light-powered Eco-Drive watch featuring three subdials, four o'clock date window, and power reserve indicator
- 42 mm stainless steel case with anti-reflective sapphire dial window
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display
- Stainless steel bracelet with fold-over-clasp-with-hidden-double-push-button closure
- Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft): In general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not scuba diving.
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Embrace the effortless style that comes with a Citizen Eco-Drive watch. Imaging never having to worry about winding a watch or making sure it has a functional battery. The perfect everyday timepiece that rarely requires your attention, wearing an Eco-Drive allows you to turn your attention to the more important things in life.
Embrace the effortless style that comes with a Citizen Eco-Drive watch. Imaging never having to worry about winding a watch or making sure it has a functional battery. The perfect everyday timepiece that rarely requires your attention, wearing an Eco-Drive allows you to turn your attention to the more important things in life.See all Product Description
- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 5.9 x 5.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B005BSEOXK
- Item model number: AT4008-51E
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 12, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Citizen|
|Dial window material type||Anti reflective sapphire|
|Clasp||Fold-Over Clasp with Hidden Double Push-Button|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||42 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||13 millimeters|
|Band Material||Stainless steel|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||24 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Special features||Radio controlled, Chronograph, Luminous, Stop watch, Tachometer|
|Item weight||6.08 Ounces|
|Water resistant depth||660 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
I looked for a new watch for over two years before settling on this one. To cut right to the point: I'm thrilled with it. It is an outstanding watch for every-day-wear, from formal to business to casual, and it has lots of functions to suit a variety of needs.
Here's a detailed list of the features that sold me on this watch:
- anti-reflective sapphire crystal glass: an extremely scratch resistant face, which is important if you're active like me
- eco-drive solar powered: no more batteries to change, and fully charged, it can run about 6 months in the dark
- water resistant 200 rating: its approved for wear while swimming and snorkeling, which is important if you're around water often like me
- chronograph/tachymeter: it functions as a stop watch, with tachymeter markings on the bezel for estimating speed, etc.
- traditional second hand: the time-keeping second hand is large and in the center where it belongs, not relegated to a sub-dial
- perpetual calendar: it displays the day (Monday, Tuesday, etc.) and the numeric date, and self-adjusts for leap year, etc.
- radio controlled: it automatically searches for a radio signal each morning (2 a.m.) to update itself to atomic time (very accurate)
- luminescent hands and index marks: glows so you can read the time in the dark
- alarm with 24-hour setting: the alarm time can be set for a.m. or p.m.Read more ›
1) It's the newest of the batch. Check the first posts on the reviews to confirm this. Newer technology is better in this case. Ignore Amazon's "2011 model year" stuff, it's not accurate. The current Sky Hawks are the oldest of the bunch.
2) It's got an alarm, some of the other ATxxxx models don't.
3) It may run quite a bit longer with a full charge. Check the manuals on the Citizen site to confirm that.
4) The crown is sapphire, the Sky Hawk's have mineral crowns Sapphire is far more durable.
5) The price (here and elsewhere) is lower than most of the rest.
6) It's got a 4 level power display (see below, it's long)
7) It looks good (a matter of taste) - check the "significant other's" reaction to each of them.
8) The stainless steel is rugged as can be. Looks great after years of assault. Titanium looks better (had one). It also scratches up faster.
9) It just does what you need it to do. Added features crowd the dial and make for more complex "stuff" to make them happen. Grabbing the manual every time you need to do this or that is a pain. In 3-5 years, you will not remember the less used maneuvers.
10) It's very easy to switch between the 4 US / 1 European time zones. If you live outside the US, maybe not a plus.
Why not buy this one:
1) It does not display the month, Sky Hawk's do.Read more ›
1. The crystal is saphire. That means this is going to last for years without scratches.
2. The Time Zones work even BETTER than the Blue Angel. The Blue Angel watch required me to set the daylight Savings time for every zone. This watch has a receiver that adjusts the time every night at 2 AM and sets the daylight savings time automatically. I love that feature alone. It is easy to pick the US time zone, and if you are in China or somewhere that is not covered by the 5 preset time zones, you can adjust for that as well. The manual is easy to read and covers everything.
3. The Tachymeter works! At least one of the other Citizen's I was considering had a tachymeter on the dial, but it was non functional! This one works. The Chronometer is also pretty easy to use and is well explained in the manual.
4. This watch looks GREAT! I love the black dial, stainless band, and white letters on the dial and the tachymeter. This is a very handsome watch. It is just the right size for my wrist. and very easy to read.
5. The band has both single and half width links to make it easy to adjust. I spent $10 at Fred Meyer to have them adjust the band for me. It was worth it.
I looked for over 2 years to find a watch to replace my Blue Angel, and this is it. I also shopped around and didn't find any better price than Amazon. The final thing that got me to order this was Amazon's policy to accept it back for any reason at no charge. How can you go wrong?
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this review on the watch will be in two parts because clearly we have two different companies.
The watch: Amazing! Read more
I purchased this watch about 3 years ago and I love it! I wear this watch everywhere, for formal things and informal. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Siddharth Cherukupalli
Great watch for the money and just love how accurate this little guy is. This is not your typical Citizen watches; it is a step above your average Citizen watches. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Giang Vu
I have had this watch since it was released back in 2011 I absolutely love this piece, it comes with everything I need to start my day. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Donald Evans
I own this watch with the white background, I don't see it on website. Not a lot were made I bought it in store and haven't seen it ever again consider myself lucky. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
The watch is one or the best Citizen time pieces I have. It looks rich, and keeps time to the second. It will take a little work to Learn how to set it up. But it is worth it. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
I love this watch. The Eco-Drive functionality is awesome since you'll never have to replace the battery. Read morePublished 3 months ago by TMS1988
My son gave it to me as a Christmas present over 2 years ago. It replaced a Citizen titanium solar dive style watch that the same son gave me over 10 years ago and was working fine... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Jim W.