Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 17 reviews
on April 16, 2013
This is a very comfortable and stylish watch. It is a large watch, but not near the size of the gigantic watches that seem to be coming out in droves. It will take you a little time to learn how it operates and it will help if you watch the video DVD that comes in the box. (Or you could read the manual)

Watch build and quality appears to be great, although it is new, so take that with a grain of salt.

Citizen says they don't want to give instructions on adjusting the strap because you should have it done by a jeweler. I found a great review on how to size it by here:

I decided to try the strap adjustment myself, and it went pretty well. Cutting the band is not easy, if you cut too close to where the pin inserts you can expose the pin. If you leave to much, the watch will not close easily. My biggest problem was getting a straight, clean cut as the band material was very tough to cut. And that was while using a razor knife to cut the band. My advice would be if you have any doubts about cutting the band yourself, take it to a jeweler.

This is a very good looking watch with lots of nice features. It does all this very intelligently, without excessive clutter on the watch face. I would highly recommend it.
on August 15, 2014
The only thing I have to add to all the other reviews - which I do not disagree with - is the following: When sizing the band don't do what I once did and only trim one side! Cut from both sides, otherwise you end up with a buckle that is too close on one side and too far on the other. The other observation I have is about the "alarm". There is no alarm, even though one is mentioned in the product description. I was really disappointed about that and could probably justify a refund based on that misinformation... but am keeping it because I like everything else.
on December 2, 2013
*Update
Now I've had the watch almost two years. It appears that about once a year, the hour and minute hands freeze up. After sending it off for repair it works flawlessly. I am not satisfied with this, but then again I haven't owned a watch in this price range before...perhaps one must pay thousands to get a watch that just never breaks down. And even though it looks like you can't purchase this model any more, this is still a warning worth noting to those looking at upper-end Citizen watches...prepare to be disappointed about once a year. Otherwise, I love it.
on February 17, 2013
I looked forward to this watch from the first time I saw it until I put it on. The watch face is simple and elegant. Everything is clear and easy to read for me. It came from the shipper all charged up and ready to go. I love the way the watch looks.
The band is soft to the touch. Even the metal squares you see give the watch a unique look. However, if you have to adjust it be careful. Once you cut the band, it's gone. Not like the metal links you can take off and then add back. This is probable the most inconvenient band adjustment I've ever had. Even the jeweler had to look at it for at bit before taking on the job of adjusting it.
The watch is a keeper. It's beautiful and dresses up or down equally well. Just be careful with the adjustment of the band. If you are you'll love this watch. For me, it is worth every penny.
on October 22, 2014
I like it very much. At the beginning is confuse because of the time zone set up, but after that is very good. Nice size, not to big but big enough to have caracter in your wrist.
on February 7, 2014
Citizen's Atomic Timekeeping family of watches with Eco-Drive are the best, most accurate trouble free watches available today. Get one! You need this watch!

The AT8030-00E is absolutely beautiful - a really good looking watch. It will look even better on your wrist!

Eco-Drive means you never have to worry about replacing the battery, just give it a couple hours of direct sunlight once a month and you should be good to go. The Atomic Timekeeping feature means that the watch syncs with the atomic clock in Colorado every night so the watch is accurate to within less than one second always. Other than structural interference from tall buildings or thick concrete, I have never been anywhere in the US where the atomic signal could not be received. The watch can also receive signals from four other atomic clocks around the world, and even if a signal can not be received, the watch still has quartz accuracy (+ or- 15 sec/mo).The perpetual calendar means you set it once and forget it. The watch can even adjust automatically for daylight savings time.

Sizing of the band however can be a real issue. If you cut it too short you will have to get another one from Citizen which will set you back $85 plus tax. I recommend initially sizing it somewhat loose and wearing if for a few days before making final adjustments. Also your wrist gets larger later in the day so try sizing the band in the late afternoon.

Attractive, accurate and trouble-free, what more could you ask for? Just be careful sizing the band.
on June 2, 2013
I dont find any drawback, Only litttle detail , its difficult to see the time at the night ,,You can see all detail of my Watch, the package come with,, if you follow this link :
[...]
on January 1, 2014
Why they put a plastic band with stainless steel accents on this watch is beyond me. The band is sure to pick up lint and other detritus. I am still trying to figure out what is so special about this "Special Edition". I got #2000 for what it's worth! This watch should be a regular issue and they would sell more than just 2500.

The watch itself is excellent, especially with the complete set of Arabic numerals which is hard to find nowadays. I would have preferred them to be luminous instead of reflective metal. The luminous dots are OK, but not by much.

The box included with this watch is large. A waste unless you are giving the watch as a gift and want to impress someone.

I have not sized the band yet, but it will be easy. Whether I can get a good fit is yet to be seen. I will probably buy a leather band soon.

I paid $381 with the 10% discount from Amazon. I think that is a fair price. No way would I pay more than $400 for this watch compared to the other three Citizen radio controlled watches I own, of which I have paid more and less.

Update: Sizing the band was a piece of cake, but it is not for the timid, or a beginner. I have had a lot of experience sizing bands/bracelets on my many watches. You just need a very sharp pair of 6" scissors and a little patience. The back of the band has arrows to show where to cut. You just remove the decorative rods and insert the spring bars and you are done. You do have to make sure the clasp falls more or less in the middle of your wrist. I had to remove 3 bars on the top side of the clasp (bottom of watch face) and 2 on the bottom of the clasp (top of watch face) for a perfect fit for my average sized wrist.
on April 9, 2014
Received this today and woa, it's a mighty fine looking watch! Haven't played with the strap yet but given the other comments will tread carefully.
on April 18, 2014
I like this watch. Now I wear every day. All of my friends feel cool. They want to buy.This watch has a function. I like it very much

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.