Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Eco-Drive Men's JR4051-54L Sailhawk Silver Analog Watch
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 13, 2015
Awesome watch. It really is. However the supplier send me a used watch. Maybe a display but clearly there were scratches and blemishes on it. The tag was removed as well. Then I got to the manual that was not only used but had dog ears. I had brought it the the jeweler and he said it was definitely used but the back wasn't opened so I should be okay. Good product but bad supplier. By the way, I never review or complain about issues, product defects, etc. so this is holds a lot of weight. Poor business ethics that's all.
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 6, 2015
I got this for my boyfriend as a present after lots of browsing and research. He likes to sail so I wanted to get something he could use. After the unboxing I knew I made the right choice.

It is presented really nicely in a velvety round casing, with lots of plastic protection on the casing and the watch parts.

The size is great-- not too big, but big enough to be eye-catching. It doesn't overpower his wrist or look bulky. I was surprised at the weight-- it is heavier than I thought it would be. It's not unwieldy. It's just what I'd call a "dignified weight," given the functionality and quality of materials it makes sense.

The finishes are absolutely beautiful. I'm new to men's high-end watches, and was amazed what a step up in quality this is. The stainless steel is flawless. It reflects every little bit of light, which highlight the different finishes on the watch. The stainless steel is a bright, white starry color that provides beautiful contrast on a sailor's tanned wrist. The crystal isn't overly reflective, it's pretty but understated so it's easier to see the watch face. From the picture it might be hard to tell, but the outer ring (bezel), which can be used for the compass function, is a dark blue. I like it but it's hard to get a feel for the finishes in the pics, I recommend this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtmwfhjTSHk Overall the look of the watch is, in my opinion, just right. It's complex enough to be intriguing, simple enough not to give you a headache looking at it, and it has just a splash of nautical theme. It's versatile enough for either everyday use or going to a nice restaurant.

I like that this watch is solar-powered. For my bf who likes the idea of self sufficiency and being powered by the wind and nothing more, it seemed like a good choice. It also has a built-in compass and a race timer. Plus being able to set it to any time zone with a button push is pretty cool.

The only problem is that the print inside-- the port, tack, windward lag, etc. is pretty small! I have 20/20 and can see it, but sadly he cannot. To be fair he probably needs glasses. He plans to memorize the print, which shouldn't be hard since it is intuitive anyway and there's not that much of it, and go from there. He did say that the placement was opposite of what he was expecting, i.e. it seems to be reflected. We're going to look into that more.

Overall, this is a gorgeous watch that feels both high-end and understated. (Would it be ridiculous to compare this to Audi's philosophy?) He loves it!
on November 27, 2014
I purchased this watch for my husband as a surprise and thanks for the wonderful man he is. He is a sailor and is totally captivated by all aspects of the watch that will help him when sail racing next summer. It is a manly looking watch but he said does not feel heavy on his wrist. It has brought him great joy and so I am totally happy with my purchase.
on November 24, 2014
I bought this for my boyfriend after purchasing and returning a poorly sealed Invicta watch. He loves it! The digital display helps him with his daily gym workouts and is something he really wanted in a watch. He gets many compliments on it. It's lighter than the previous watch and it looks great! Girlfriend of the year for finding this gem!
on December 29, 2014
I bought this watch for my fiancé for Christmas. Working with boats his whole life I thought this particular watch would be a good fit since it has some maritime features that goes with it . He absolutely loves it ! and it's also pretty great that the watch runs on solar power and never needs a battery .
on February 3, 2015
This is one of several Eco Drives I have, and looks fantastic. No real negatives with any of them, all keep very good time.
It arrived in show room condition, and was well packaged. I must say it is a real head turner. Love the weight and width of the band.
The white hands make it easy to read. The digital windows are a good size and the digits large enough to see clearly.
The size of the stem is large enough to grasp without having to take it off. Love it!
on November 9, 2015
I'm not a sailor but travel a lot so wanted a watch with the ability to track time in at least two time zones. This does the job and it is easy to change the time zones and the time shown on the face. Looks good, too. Seems to be well made with attention to the small details. I was patient and found a great deal on it. Just in time for our next departure in December. .
on April 27, 2015
The watch is a real ey-catcher! It is well made and beautiful. My concern is that I was unable to set time, date, etc., It is different from other Citizen watches I have owned in the past. I went onlne to try and get helpful informatioin and even with this information I was unsuccessful in setting the watch. Several friends tried to set it as well but were unsuccessful. If one has the ability ot set the watch it may be a great gift or be a great watch to own.
on February 1, 2016
Love this watch just disappointed by the description it is sold as new but arrived as used . Minor scratches on band and it had links removed , So NOT NEW but very good condition .
on March 25, 2015
Great, great watch. It has some amazing functions, it is very hard to find a wacth that has all the functions this one does and also it is a very nice looking ítem.
Best buy