We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Both reliable and up for the next adventure, this Citizen "Skyhawk" watch offers the best in aviation timepiece technology, and with its sleek stainless steel construction and black and orange accents, it boasts an attractive design as well.
- Light-powered Eco-Drive Japanese Quartz movement charges in natural or indoor light while durable, hardened mineral crystal protects dial
- Features include low charge warning, incandescent light, 99-minute countdown timer, rotating slide rule bezel, perpetual calendar, world time (43 cities), Greenwich Mean Time display, and atomic timekeeping with radio-controlled accuracy
- Water-resistant to 200 m (660 feet)
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Skyhawk redefines atomic timekeeping with radio-controlled accuracy perfection and Eco-Drive technology. Radio signals are received both automatically and on-demand in North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, China, and Japan.
- Synchronized Synchronized to Atomic Clock for Superior Accuracy
- Atomic Timekeeping Technology with Synchronized Time Adjustment Available in 43 World Cities
- 1/100-Second Chronograph Measures up to 24 Hours
- Perpetual Calendar
- 2 Alarms
- 99-Minute Countdown Time
- Universal Coordinated Time (UTC) Display
- Power Reserve Indicator
- Rotating Slide Rule Bezel
- Anti-Reflective Crystal
- Movement: Caliber U600
As a true manufacture d’horlogerie, CITIZEN integrates a comprehensive manufacturing process from creating individual components to a watch’s final assembly. It’s an artisan’s approach to watch making based on pushing forward the boundaries of technology and leveraging our experience toward exploring new possibilities.
One pivotal technological breakthrough was the development of a light-driven watch. CITIZEN pioneered this engineering innovation well ahead of other watch manufacturers as early as 1976, which led to the launch of the highly acclaimed Eco-Drive in 1995. Utilizing electrical power converted from virtually any light source, this extraordinary innovation changed forever the way watches could be powered. Eco-Drive eliminated the need to ever replace batteries, which made it especially beneficial to areas where such specialist batteries were not obtainable. This leveled the field for citizens of virtually every country to be able to experience unrestricted joy of wearing and using a CITIZEN watch.
The product development policy, “The Fusion of Technology and Beauty,” remains a constant motivation for us to merge cutting-edge technology with perfection of design beauty, which as a consequence inspires people to strive to be their best at any time.
CITIZEN launches a new campaign in collaboration with Wieden+Kennedy, Better Starts Now. This is the simple belief that no matter who you are or what you do, it is always possible to make something better — and now is the time to start doing it. We believe that better and now are both infinite, and that there is always a next ‘better’ and a new ‘now’ in which you can start pursuing it. It was clear from the onset of this project that we are dedicated to this ideal…not to the past but to the present, and all the way we can improve it. To help communicate this belief to the world we have created a new global CITIZEN brand movie, brand identity and brand website that represents out Better Starts Now philosophy.
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- ASIN: B000ZPMYQI
- Item model number: JY0000-53E
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 15, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Citizen|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Clasp||Fold-Over Clasp with Hidden Double Push-Button|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||48 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||16 millimeters|
|Band Material||Stainless steel|
|Band width||21 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Bezel function||Slide rule|
|Special features||Chronograph, solar|
|Item weight||16 Ounces|
|Water resistant depth||660 Feet|
Top customer reviews
The watch is big, but not oversized. Compared to a titanium watch, it is heavy, but not unpleasantly so. The functionality is great. The watch came out of the box a little down on charge and one hour off. But after it got the time signal: perfect time in my time zone. And it has gotten a strong signal every night I have checked, but one, when it got a low one on the east coast.
This is a great watch for travelers who hop time zones. I do it across the US and it is great. For an international traveler, it must be even better. I put the destination time zone in the window, and after boarding the plane, push the buttons and watch the hour hand move to the time zone: no winding back and forth.
The watch works well at night with great luminescent hands on the analog, and unlike older Skyhawks, LED lighting for the LCD windows.
The other functions like stopwatch, timer, and alarm work well and are useful, like most digital watches.
Understand that the logarithmic flight computer dial is mostly decorative. It does work, and unlike some other Citizen Watches with this feature, it does include directions in the manual. But the numbers are small and can be hard to read. It is fun, but like slide rules in general, not particularly useful with the abundance of digital equipment people carry that can do calculations more accurately and easily. It is a coolness feature, not a practical one.
And that sums it up. This is a cool watch, a useful watch: a great traveler.