Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

Top Contributor: Chesson March 25, 2014
To be honest, I bought this watch solely for the looks. I have a small watch collection and I wanted a real masculine aviator's style watch. However, though I possess a pilot's license, I'd be lying if I said I'd ever needed a watch to provide calculations. That said, I enjoy the accuracy of a radio-controlled watch. The lume is good and the sheer number of capabilities this watch has should warrant a review from anyone who wants a watch in the 'everything but the kitchen sink' category. There are a few caveats though. Number one...you should really think twice if you over the age of 45 and can't read small numbers very well (Either you'll squint like me or you'll buy a magnifier). The tiny booklet can be a little intimidating too as it is about a half-inch think and somewhat confusing in its arrangement. However, once you understand the underlying logic and layout, the book (and the watch) are much easy to deal with. Nice thing is, once you get the watch set...you're done. So, unlike other watches I own, my Eco Skyhawk sets and powers itself. Get past the learning curve and you have a cigar-smoking, tobacco-chewing real man's watch. This thing is big, busy and just oozes testosterone so if you're looking for a watch to wear to your next ballet recital, keep looking...
on September 25, 2013
This is the second Skyhawk watch I've owned. I bought it after my Blue Angels mysteriously disappeared at my friend's house. Since I already had a Blue Angels version, I thought I would get the black and orange version and I don't like the new design on the Blue Angel version.

When I opened the box, I was very surprised. The black and orange looks much nicer in person than it does in the pictures and Citizen finally put a light in it!!! I liked it right away but the real reason I bought the same watch again is because you can have three different time zones at the same time and for flying international there is nothing better. There is the analog UTC time and I keep the analog time set to my city and the digital time set to wherever I am flying to. It's simple and one less calculation to do in my head. The watch keeps time for 43 world cities and so far I haven't flown to a city where I couldn't set the time to.

The sliding rule, E6B computer, is cool to have but I don't really use it anymore that often. I used it a lot when flying small planes just to crosscheck my flight plan etc. Being radio controlled is also a nice feature to have. No need to worry about setting the correct time, unless you live in an area where there is no reception from one of the antennas used to update it.

Even though this watch is solar powered, it still has batteries and they will need to be changed from time to time so don't think you will never need to worry about that.

Overall this is a great watch to own if you are into aviation and very useful for those who fly, especially if you fly international. Highly recommended.
on July 1, 2016
I've always had cheap watches, so when I decided to look for a watch, I decided to order a nice one. I ordered it one day, and it was here .the next. Very well packed and packaged. I was intimidated as I was looking at the watch specs, and everything that I was going to have to do with it. The watch itself arrived with the incorrect time and date on it, but setup was a breeze. It came with a very informative booklet, and there are also videos on youtube that can help. I assume that the watch is getting it's radio signals, but to be honest, they come in at early morning hours. and I'd rather be asleep and not looking at my watch at those times. I do know that my watch is holding perfect time, and date. The battery is charging, as my watch arrive with about a 75 percent charge, and it charged to full capacity only after 5-10 minutes outdoors. The watch itself is a beautiful timepiece, stylish, and nice to look at. I had to remove a link from the band because it kind of was slipping around my wrist. This also was easily done after watching a youtube video. There are arrows on the inside of the band on the links that tell you which way to tap the pins out. Thanks youtube. Anyway, nice watch, not too heavy, not too big on the wrist, although it is noticeably larger than my old Bulova. Thanks Amazon for such quick delivery.
on October 17, 2014
I have been a Skyhawk fan for years and waited, and waited, with this watch in my cart, to be purchased later, for a price drop. And there was one day that made my wait be over, and it was worth the wait!

The watch is big, but not oversized. Compared to a titanium watch, it is heavy, but not unpleasantly so. The functionality is great. The watch came out of the box a little down on charge and one hour off. But after it got the time signal: perfect time in my time zone. And it has gotten a strong signal every night I have checked, but one, when it got a low one on the east coast.

This is a great watch for travelers who hop time zones. I do it across the US and it is great. For an international traveler, it must be even better. I put the destination time zone in the window, and after boarding the plane, push the buttons and watch the hour hand move to the time zone: no winding back and forth.

The watch works well at night with great luminescent hands on the analog, and unlike older Skyhawks, LED lighting for the LCD windows.

The other functions like stopwatch, timer, and alarm work well and are useful, like most digital watches.

Understand that the logarithmic flight computer dial is mostly decorative. It does work, and unlike some other Citizen Watches with this feature, it does include directions in the manual. But the numbers are small and can be hard to read. It is fun, but like slide rules in general, not particularly useful with the abundance of digital equipment people carry that can do calculations more accurately and easily. It is a coolness feature, not a practical one.

And that sums it up. This is a cool watch, a useful watch: a great traveler.
on October 29, 2013
Just bought the stainless version of this watch. Opened the box and the watch came alive followed the simple steps in the instruction booklet to set the time and it's been keeping proper time ever since. The watch isn't as complicated as some reviewers say it is instructions are simple to understand. Simply set your home city set the time once either manually or through the atomic clock it's detailed in book how to do that and your on your way to having avert accurate time piece on your wrist. Once that's done you never have to touch the time or any setting again because every night the signal from the atomic clock reaches it and keeps it updated. The watch feels comfortable and it's not heavy at all if the band is properly sized, I love it. Thanks amazon for offering it at a great price and with the promo discount.
on June 30, 2016
10 out of 10!!! I love this watch!! It looks great dressed up or down. Purchase the $5.00 link remover to adjust the size and you won't regret the fit and finish of this watch.
review image
on May 24, 2009
I had one Citizen watch already and was pretty familiar with their operation. But the Skyhawk A-T is WAY beyond the Citizen I have. For the price, you get an amazing number of features. And the manual is pretty concise and accurate as far as how to set and operate it. I like that it has a gauge on the face telling you exactly what the state of the charge is. My other Citizen doesn't have that. And you can leave it in the box for a LONG time without the battery conking out, due to an automatic power saver feature. The lighted LCD display is a valuable plus for total darkness viewing. I'm glad I spent the money on this watch. It was worth every penny. And Amazon shipping was very fast. They beat their estimated delivery date by DAYS!!!
on January 15, 2017
I bought this to replace one just like it that simply died after about 6 years. My original was titanium instead of this which is stainless steel. The titanium is much lighter, about half the weight, but more expensive. I travel for a living. I love changing the time by just pushing two buttons. Time is always correct since it connects or tries to connect every night to synchronize its time. I also use both alarms. One is set to Central time, the other is set to Eastern. I turn on the one I need
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 18, 2013
This is by far the best watch I have ever owned. My Seiko Aviator Chronograph quit working recently and the watch repair shop couldn't fix it and since I had been wearing it for 5 years I figured it was time for a change. I was immediately drawn to this Citizen watch but the price drove me away. I purchased a Casio Edifice Solar watch instead and quickly learned that was a mistake. After 2 frustrating days trying to set the thing I sent it back and then ordered this Citizen I had originally wanted. As for aesthetics, they couldn't be better. My wife immediately commented how beautiful it is and I agree. The size is perfect. Don't be scared off by those reviews that claim this is an extraordinarily large watch. I don' think so at all and I have a thin wrist. One reviewer said the watch is so big his shirt cuff won't come down over it...?? He must have skin tight cuffs. The watch fits perfectly.

As for use, it couldn't be better. I live in IL and the first time I tried the on demand reception it worked and the watch was set. I have measured it against the Official US Time website every few days since then and it is absolutely accurate to the second. The set up instructions are easy (unlike the Casio) and I was up and going within an hour. The build quality is exceptional and the watch hands settle perfectly centered on the hour markers and the second hand hits the second markers dead on.

I can't say enough about this watch. Citizen really hit it out of the park. I don't see myself getting another watch for quite some time. In theory I will never have to as the solar recharging keeps the power indefinitely. I have not yet seen the power meter move off the fully charged reading.

If you are afraid of the price I encourage you to bite the bullet and go for it. That pain only lasts a short while but the enjoyment you will get from this watch will last years. I recommend keeping an eye on the price and track it like a stock. I did this and watched it fall incrementally from a high of $487.50 to $422.50, at which point I jumped and bought it. Glad I did.
on January 4, 2017
This is a great time piece with UTC accuracy and functionality. I have always been drawn to precision watches, and this does not disappoint. It is a pricey watch, and like my Casio Pathfinder, is updated daily with with the U.S. National Observatory. I have to teach myself the sliderule tools, but it is a joy to learn. You can buy a Rolex or Omega for thousands more, but this watch is a real pro!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse