Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 95 reviews
on March 26, 2013
I flew helicopters for 6 years, and have always been facinated by machines, watches, electronics, and aviation. This watch is the perfect blend of all of these things. 1) Machines: Analog timekeeper with the accuracy of an atomic timekeeper. Lots of bright luminosity on both the hands and the 12 hour markers. 2) Watches: I own lots of them. I have a lot of confidence in the the Citizen brand... the Eco-drive is a known and proven entity, and the case, finish, bracelet, clasp, crystal, weight, and overall quality is nothing less than superb. This is probably my favorite watch. 3) Electronics: Radio timekeeping, digital accuracy, perpetual calander, puchbutton illumination, multiple alarms and timezones... what more could a guy want? 4) Aviation: If you are a pilot like me, the layout of the sub-gauges in the likeness of aviation gauges is sooo cool. What a nice touch for us pilots! This is a watch that has a lot of information in a small area... and it takes a little getting used to.. but once you get used to it... it will become your favorite watch! Like a helicopter or a fine bizjet, lots of detail, lots of quality, and once you olearn to fly it... nirvana. Five out of five.
on December 31, 2013
I'm a techie so I'm fascinated with this watch. Citizen did a nice job keeping it relatively simple, considering how much technology is packed into this thing. The two LCD windows are small, so to display all the settings Citizen uses what appear to be seven separate, independently controlled stepper motors in the watch to point the hands on the main dial and the sub-dials to various scales. Clever, but makes the face of the watch quite busy.

Looks like this will be my daily wear watch. I really like automatic time updates, so my previous favorite was a resin-case "atomic time" Casio with an LCD display. I liked it, but a watch needs hands - I'm old-school that way. Plus the IP black stainless beats the looks of resin anytime.

About the only complaint I have is the awkward display of the date. The timezone for the main dial is on the left LCD. The second timezone to track is on the right - and the date is only shown on the right, for the second timezone. I'd like the date to be associated with the main dial, which can be done if you set both timezones to be the same. Sorta defeats the idea of having two timezones, but it's probably fine if you don't care to display the date.

Otherwise, the watch is flawless. I'm getting good reception on the WWVB time signal, eco-drive (stupid name) is working well, and the basic functions I need are easy enough to access and remember.
on December 16, 2014
Great watch, accurate, never needs battery or winding. Love that fact that it picks up the time via radio frequency so you know it's always accurate. On top of all that, it's a Citizen! I've had my current Citizen for about 8 years now and have had no issues or complaints. Rugged, stylish and loaded with features.
on September 17, 2017
The watch is great, but I have had one hell of a time getting extra links for the band!
on July 4, 2011
I have owned this watch for about a month, and totally LOVE it!

What you need to know about this watch, and why it may be the best watch for you:
1. It is an all black watch with orange details, totally unique and eye catching
2. Quality stainless steel, and a nice weight (but not overly heavy)
3. Value! You get what you pay for and this watch is loaded with features, atomic time keeping, Eco-Drive, Chrono, Calendar, Alarms, dual time zones, etc.
4. No batteries, no setting the time/date, open the box and wear

You simply will not find a higher caliber watch with theses features, look, or value at the price you can find this watch for on Amazon. An incredible watch at an incredible price. You really can't go wrong.
review image
on August 1, 2015
I have many watches that cost 5-6 times as much as this one... There is something about these models that are JUST right. I have one of each color. The info shown, the feel, the Eco drive. The auto time set is perfect. Also, the clasp is one of the best of any watch. While I struggle with my Tag Heuers, Omegas, breitlings... This design is simple and locks great.
on May 6, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my husband's birthday. He is a private pilot who flies his Cessna for business. Our son, who is a Marine helicopter pilot, recommended this watch as his entire squadron purchased the same one. It is a little complicated to figure out all the functions, but pilots seem to have no problem doing so!
on August 29, 2014
Finally got me a genuine aviator watch after 47 years as an aviator. If you can't justify a Breitling, this is the next best thing, imo.
on June 3, 2014
I was looking for a great looking self controlled watch and found it with the JY0005-50E. Looked at many other models before selecting this one. If like me then you've read all of the details so I won't bother to repeat. It is solid, tells perfect time and great to looks at. Like everyone else the main beef is it only shows a perpetual date for the other city display. So you have to set a dual home time zone to compensate. This is even more evident as if you were traveling you would want the main analog dial in the foreign city and the alternate lcd to show the date as well so you'd have to duplicate the foreign city again which makes no sense. Not sure of the logic behind it's current function hence the -1 star. A minor inconvenience really. All in all though, you get what you pay for and for the price this watch beats all others hands down! Get a nice leather band or two and this thing really pops!
on May 18, 2015
I had this watch before and it was stolen out of my car I loved it so much I purchased another I also do a lot of traveling and its a great watch for changing time zones.