Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 126 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 209 reviews
on June 24, 2013
Maybe we all have our different passions/weak spots. Well, watches are mine. I love titanium watches for their durability and incredible lack of weight. This 50E has more functions than grains of sand on beach! One small issue is I sometimes need a magnifying glassed to read detail on the face of the watch. They are that small. I have 2 degrees but still find myself digging out the instructions to manage all the functions. That was the bad news. The good news is I was able to figure out all the major functions and some of the minor functions in about 45 minutes. Overall the watch is a beautiful time piece. I took it to a Citizens jeweler and they sized the bracelet at no charge. Fit is great. Love the lack of weight on my wrist. Nice readable lighted dial at night. Function hands glow at night. EZ to multiply and divide on the bezel. That's probably all I will learn with that function as I don't fly. I've had the watch about 10 days and no scratches anywhere and I have worn it constantly. The atomic clock in Fort Collins, Co. is a low reception reading in W.TX. where I live but it does work. I went outside and was still registering a low signal. Inside my home or outside made no difference in signal strength but as long as it worked (which it did) all is well. Automatic reception and time update checked ever night as programmed. The watch came fully charged from Citizens. Bottom line the watch has an incredible number of functions which is a plus and a minus. The good news is one can use what one finds practical and ignore those that are not used. All-in-all a beautiful functional watch with ALL the bells and whistles!
on August 15, 2015
This is my second "big" citizen. I wore the Thunderbirds model for 8 years before it gave up the ghost, and I returned to the land of Timex and Casio. I started eyeing this watch back before Christmas and finally pulled the lever five months later during a Citizen watch "event."

It certainly has a lot of technical talent, with the usual chronometer functions as well as world time zones and WWV automated updating. The thing I paid extra for this time was the Titanium. I would certainly do THAT again! Make no mistake, this is no "sleek" or "stylish" watch. It is a sizable man's watch that makes its own statement. In Titanium, however, you won't be building up your biceps as much, because the weight difference is immediately obvious.

My only gripe is that I don't use the various adjustments and features often enough to stay conversant with them, so I just carry the instruction book in my briefcase.

This is not a cheap watch, but if you're ready to splurge on yourself with a quality timepiece that brings a lot more to your wrist than accurate time, this may be just the thing...
on December 21, 2014
Got my first Citizen Skyhawk as a present from my wife for finishing my Flight Instructor certifcate. Great watch. After 11 years of setting the time once per month, the button finally stopped working reliably and I replaced that in 2003 with a Skyhawk Navigator (the predecessor to this model) which had the Eco-drive. Loved the fact that I didn't have to change batteries, but being a pilot and ham radio operator depending on good timekeeping for various functions, having to reset it every month got a little tiresome. Yeah, let's check out the newest model that automagically sets the time every day. It's been a great watch and the only reason I'm not wearing it every day (after 2 years) is because I'm a bleeding edge geek and replaced it with a Samsung Gear Live. Yes, the only nit I can think of is not being able to see a second time zone at the same time as seeing day/date. But I've had that limitation for 20 years and didn't really miss it compared to the other great things this watch did for me on a daily basis. It will stay around as a backup to my daily smart watch. Oh, and for all 3 watches over 20 years, all I did was need to have it cleaned maybe every five years to grease up the bezel (I'm a pilot, I use that function).
on September 22, 2014
I've always been a watch guy and have a modest collection of rare, expensive and historic timepieces.
I have to say, this watch is excellent. I have several "Aviator" watches and this has become my new favorite.
All the features are relevant and the size is perfect. I opted for the Titanium version and I have to say, it is very lightweight and comfortable.
I have shown it to several friends and they are very surprised at how light it is.
I am totally satisfied with this watch and would recommend it to anyone.
A great watch !
on February 18, 2016
This watch does exactly what it says it does. Setting it up can be a little daunting though. To get the watch to update automatically using the atomic clock feature can take some trial and error, but it eventually worked without much trouble. I have several clocks in the house that also update with the signal from Colorado and I checked the watch against those clocks; accurate down to the second!

A word of caution: If you plan to take links out to adjust the bracelet size, use extreme caution. There is not only a pin that keeps the links connected but also a little tiny "barrel". It will come out with the pin and it is extremely difficult to get back in. I finally had to take mine to a jeweler and have a professional fix my blunder. I've re-sized watches several times for myself and others and I have never seen a watch with anything more than the pin. I may have missed doing something and that might have been the reason I wasn't able to get it back in, but $8.95 later and all was well.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2017
I appreciate some of the very lengthy write ups/reviews but I keep mine simple. This is an excellent watch however it's because it's a Citizen! I won't go through all the functions suffice it to say the Titanium version is very light weight compared to the Steel. It does connect to a radio signal to keep it's accuracy dead on and it does have a function which allows you to chose date as well if you need it to do so. Many, many features and there is both a booklet with it and you can download an internet version of the book if needed. There is a button to press and light up part of the watch.
I have 3 Citizen Eco Drive watches which this is as well and for many years with never an issue. High quality manufacturer.
on December 15, 2015
more than perfect. the way I expected!
review image
on September 22, 2015
Even though I was not a prime member at the time I bought this watch, shipping was very fast. The product itself was never in question. Citizen has been able to take an already excellent product and improved it by adding the radio controlled automatic time setting. The feature works like a charm and the time is always spot on. Like always, Titanium makes the big watch surprisingly light. I have been wearing Eco-Drive wrist watches now for 12 years and never had any problem with them.
on March 24, 2015
Excellent watch, complex band. The watch is top drawer. If you like to fool with different options
you can do this with this watch. If you like to set and forget this watch can also be for you. The
band is a beautiful titanium band but in changing links there is a middle piece that holds the catch
in place. Once this link comes out you have H___ to pay trying to get it back in. I would let a jeweler
do it and hope they do it properly. Since the watch is titanium it doesn't weigh you down. The band is
also titanium. There are options upon options if you are into that thing. Citizen makes an outstanding
watch. I have older eyes and there is no problem telling the analog time. The digital read out requires
glasses for me.
on September 5, 2016
I love this watch. It has the beautiful look and light weight of titanium. Solar power, atomic time, true chronograph features, a slide rule bezel, waterproof to 200 meters, dual time zones, calendar and many other features plus Made in Japan. This is the watch I have been waiting for and I finally bought it two days ago. Immediately, after the purchase, the price jumped 17%. I have several watches, but it is the most expensive and it shows quality and fine craftsmanship exceeding its cost. I am very pleased with the purchase so far. I wore it to bed and could still see the luminescent hands glowing in the early morning. I showed my wife how to use the slide rule. She thought it was so cool.