- Eligible for FREE One-Day Shipping and FREE Returns on qualified items offered by Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
|Price:||$581.75 FREE One-Day Shipping & Free Returns Details|
|You Save:||$313.25 (35%)|
- Aviation-inspired titanium watch with blue and yellow accents featuring world time display for 43 cities and 1/100-second chronograph
- 45 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display featuring Eco-Drive light-fueled technology
- Features atomic timekeeping with radio-controlled accuracy, 99-minute countdown timer, rotating slide-rule bezel, alarms, and fold-over clasp
- Water resistant to 200 m (660 ft): In general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not scuba diving: In general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not scuba diving.
- Use of the Blue Angels name and logo is with the permission, but not endorsement, of the U.S. Navy.
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Features. Gender - Mens Watch. 3rd Generation Skyhawk Atomic Flight Chronograph. Official Blue Angels Insignia appears on Case back with logo on dial. Atomic time keeping. Time is automatically set or on demand by the atomic signal. Multi-band atomic receiver - receives atomic signal in North America Europe and Asia. Titanium Case and bracelet. Eco drive technology charges in sunlight or indoors with 6 month power reserve. Power reserve indicator with low charge warning. World Time with 43 cities. 2 World time Alarms. 1100 Second Chronograph Measures up to 24 Hours. 99 Minute Countdown Timer. Perpetual calendar. Greenwich Mean Time GMT display. Blue dial with silver tone hands and markers. Digital display. Digital display back-light. Luminous hands and markers. Rotating Slide Rule Bezel. Non-reflective scratch resistant mineral crystal. Push-button deployment clasp. Water resistant to 200 m.. Case Size - 45 diam. x 15 thick mm.. Flight watch
Chock full of innovative features, the Men's Blue Angels Skyhawk A-T Chronograph Titanium Watch from Citizen Eco-Drive combines aviator-inspired style with a sleek, sporty design. Offering a maximum power reserve of 180 days, with a low charge warning within three days of stop point, this distinctive timepiece is both reliable and up for the next adventure. It also features a durable, hardened mineral crystal, original Blue Angels insignia on its case back, and Blue Angels logo on a bold black dial. With a multi-band atomic receiver that accepts signals in North America, Europe, and Asia, this efficient accessory provides both world time in 43 cities, and a perpetual calendar, making it ideal for traveling. There's also a digital display light, two alarms, 1/100 second chronograph that measures up to 24 hours, and a 99 minute countdown timer. Rugged, handsome, and built to last, this Citizen Eco-Drive original arrives in a gray box, along with a manual, information CD.
Summary of Features:
- Atomic timekeeping with radio-controlled accuracy
- World time in 43 cities
- 2 alarms
- 1/100 second chronograph that measures up to 24 hours
- 99 minute countdown timer
- Digital display light
- Greenwich Mean Time display
- Rotating slide-rule bezel
- Non-reflective mineral crystal
- Power-reserve indicator
- Product Dimensions: 0.6 x 0.6 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B001QFYKTA
- Item model number: JY0050-55L
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 7, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Citizen|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Clasp||Fold-Over Clasp with Double Push-Button Safety|
|Case diameter||45 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||15 millimeters|
|Band Material||Silver tone|
|Band width||20 millimeters|
|Special features||Chronograph, Water Resistant|
|Item weight||4.16 Ounces|
|Water resistant depth||660 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
Wanted a new watch with multifunctions, radio-atomic controlled, titanium, stylish features for this Christmas. Have been using Casio Pathfinder triple sensor watch ABC titanium,so I knew how a titanium watch felt on wrist::Light weight as compared to other metals/alloys.
Citizen watches has a wonderful collections of watches- my choice was JY0050-55L.
This watch has a great look on RIGHT or LEFT wrist as it doesnot have huge sticking out clasps/crown/buttons.The color of the dial is blue with some yellow and white in it.-looks great. Crown and buttons are perfect size-easy to use.
Its a compact watch with a lot of funCtions. titanium makes a big difference. First Look gives an impression of being bulk/heavy- but once in hand-its a big difference-very light weight.
The product instruction manual is great and the CD also has interactive instructions with PDF manual to print or read.
Atomic Timekeeping with Radio-Controlled Accuracy and no battery required. Very happy with this watch......
UPDATE October,1, 2013
I have worn this watch pretty much everyday, No issues at all except for some 'daily wear-tear signs' like scuffs on the bracelet, etc. Its certainly an eye catcher and I love this watch (Eco-Drive is awesome) and all its functions.
Still Five stars........
Update July 26, 2014
Other than daily use wear-tear signs, no issues with the watch. All the functions works great, maintains time, no need to worry about battery replacement, Still 5 Stars!
TITANIUM-SPECIFIC PART: The Titanium version is much lighter! I compared it against a stainless steel model. The difference is huge. I know what most guys are thinking, "unlike this reviewer, I'm a real man who can handle an extra ounce on my wrist." FYI I consider myself pretty athletic. But I appreciate not feeling the watch on my wrist most of the time. Bottom-line: it's a personal choice. Titanium is lighter, stronger, and personally makes me feel better about this watch. Stainless steel is cheaper and gets the job done.
NON-TITANIUM-SPECIFIC PART - WATER RESISTANCE: The product description says "water resistant depth: 660 ft". I bought this watch thinking I could take it for scuba diving. The face of the watch says "WR 200" and the backplate says "WR 20BAR". But if you look up the owners manual, both these terms actually mean you can only skin-dive (I guess that means snorkeling.) Scuba-diving with air tank is NOT ok for this watch.
CALENDAR: HUGE pain in the a** to use. The date is only displayed for world time, not local time. This means at those hours when the world city is a day ahead of or behind your local time, you cannot get an accurate reading of your local date. The only fix is to set the world time city as your local city, which defeats the purpose of the "World Time" feature.
IN THE DARK: This watch is great in the dark! The luminescent dials are very bright in the dark. Additionally, there is a backlight.Read more ›
Also, contrary to what has been posted by another reviewer, this watch is totally 100% fine for recreational (aka PADI) diving. I have had it down to 100 feet with no issue what-so-ever. It is rated to 200M (or 600 feet). Most recreational diving is limited to 120 feet so you are well within the boundries of the watch. Anyway, I plan to continue using mine for diving and I do not expect there to be any issue.
The neatest feature of this version (only on the 3rd generation of this model) is the radio self correction. In short, the watch "phones home" to the atomic clock in Boulder, Colorado every morning at 2AM and self corrects the time to the hundreth of a second. Anytime I have checked, it has never been off by more than 2 seconds, even 23 hours after correction. So the watch is accurate to 2 seconds per day but self adjust every 24 hours to maintain this accuracy.
(1) The overall look of the face reminds me of an airplane cockpit (after all, it is a Blue Angles watch). I enjoy people seeing it and exclaiming, "Wow, I can't imagine how many functions that thing must have." Very complex looking (that I like).
(2) Owing to the titanium, it is a surprisingly light watch. I forget that I am wearing it.
(3) The solar cells keep the watch fully charged. I like not having to worry about using the background light or the alarm. My last citizen watch was always getting its alarm spring screwed up by the jeweler replacing the battery. Never having to change batteries -- that's great.
(4) I travel a lot, and the ability to change time zones easily is very useful to me.
(5) Automatic time setting via radio to the atomic clock is a nice feature. It's great knowing that even the second hand is at the right time.
(1) This is one thick watch. To me, it looks unnecessarily thick to the point of not being an attractive piece of jewelry. I have to be careful that it doesn't bang into things.
(2) The two LCD screens are almost impossible to read except in bright light. It is dark letters against a dark background. And that's when they are not being hidden by the watch hands that is often the case.
(3) All those dials are for show. In fact, the actual watch functions (stop watch, two alarms, timer) are no more than you'd find on a cheap throw-away LCD watch. The dials themselves mostly have useless functions like a tiny watch face showing the time in GMT and a miniature 24-hour clock only an hour hand.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
You Can't Beat The Price On This Solar ⌚️
Very Light Weight With Lots Features !
Love This Watch ..... Read more
Great light weight Citizen Time piece. Love the aviation theme. Easy to set up, Weighs only 114.3g/4.03oz (Titanium version). Read morePublished 2 months ago by AMT
everything is perfect but crystal is not Sapphire。there are some scratchs after use sevrral daysPublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
I just received this watch and I could not be more impressed. The finish on all aspects are fantastic and once you get the band sized it fits like a dream. Read morePublished 4 months ago by John T. Odriscoll
This is an Excellent watch. I am not a pilot, but I still love the functionality.
It is light weight (titanium), comfortable, strong, aesthetically appealing, and has any... Read more
This is a beautiful, sturdy, well made watch with a couple of critical flaws.
You can read it all in five star reviews and they are right. Read more