Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 3, 2015
I purchased this watch about five years ago or so. It was a replacement for a $200 Pulsar watch that I had worn daily for 20 years but finally gave up the ghost. As that may tell you I only wear one watch at a time because I get them for the timekeeping and not for the jewelry aspect. This watch is a good bit bigger than the vintage watch -- styles change so it took a day or two to get used to the bigger size. Now the old one looks small. Since I like to keep a watch basically forever I spent three days on every web site I could find checking out every watch I could find. My old watch had a blue face which I thought was unique and this also has a blue face which appealed to me. The radio update from the atomic clock and the Eco-Drive appealed to the techie in me. I purchased this watch (which is fairly expensive) and have been wearing it every day for about five years.

I have never regretted it. I travel all over the world and this watch has a time zone (easy to set) for just about everywhere including Iraq and Afghanistan (KBL). Doing work for the military makes the UTC dial come in really handy. When going home it is so easy to hold both buttons down at the same time to switch from the travel time zone to the home time zone. The glow in the dark numbers and hands glow for many hours at night when you are out in the pitch black. Much longer than any other watch I've ever had. Lights out at 2100 and at 0400 it is no problem to tell the time in the dark.

And you never have to buy a battery!

Plus it has the added attraction of looking great. I would highly recommend this watch to anyone.
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on August 3, 2014
Love this watch. Fairly inexpensive for a dress watch that is atomic and solar and supports three simultaneous time zones.

A must-have for anyone crossing time zones frequently. Just pull out the crown and push the top and bottom simultaneously. The watch will automatically switch your home and travel time zones. There's a separate dial that indicated UTC. This is particularly handy if you're travelling internationally.

Well made and solid design and aesthetics, not one of those functional but funky plastic Casio Pathfinders (which I also have but simply can't wear to work). Looks every bit as class up front as it does in pics.

I should note that, obviously, this watch does not automatically set the time zone; you have to set that manually, which is easy to do. I also have a GPS-based solar watch (Seiko Astron) that syncs by GPS in order to automatically set the time zone. (Obviously, an atomic watch does not do this; it simply syncs to the correct minute and second.) By far, this atomic watch is much quicker with the sync. It picks up atomic clock signals in the remotest areas, unlike my GPS-syncing watch that requires you to stand in an open space outdoors, unobstructed by buildings or windows, sometimes for up to 5 minutes! GPS-based syncing also requires a lot more out of battery life.

Very functional watch, has count-down timer, stopwatch, alarm, and atomic clock sync. Only thing is I haven't figured out how to use the slide rule function, which, I suspect, is more of a design feature than a functional one.

And you never have to worry about replacing batteries or winding the thing! One downside is that it can take quite a while to charge if you store it for an extended period of time in a (dark) drawer or cabinet. I just leave on my dresser top, and the thing stays charged.

Cheap enough to travel with. But classy enough and good-looking enough to wear as an everyday watch to work.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on May 18, 2015
This is an amazing watch, which I am sure I will enjoy wearing for many years as it is solar powered and keeps perfect time via atomic clock synchronization.

I searched around for the titanium version of the "Blue Angles" Skyhawk, and thankfully found it here on Amazon. The watch came with a mineral crystal, which is my only issue. My plan is to keep the mineral crystal installed until I've worn it out, then send the watch to Citizen to have a Saphire crystal installed, which they're customer support line stated they will happily do.

I recommend storing your watches in a nice leather storage compartment and have bought a couple of "Royce Leather" Travel Rolls to keep them safe. In addition, if I'm working out or doing any kind of work around the house, I opt for my $89.00 Casio G7700.

This is the best dress watch I own. It looks just awesome and functions just as well.
3 helpful votes
on January 3, 2011
First off, spring for the titanium version. It is well worth the extra money. I was unsure until I put it on my wrist. Wow, what a difference! At the very last minute, I decided to order the titanium version (mostly because the SS version was not available from Amazon it came from another seller) and am I ever glad I did. I "thought" that I wanted my watches to be heavy and thus would be OK with the stainless version but I was most certainly wrong. The titanium version is so lighteweight it is like nothing else I own. It is a pleasure to wear.

Also, contrary to what has been posted by another reviewer, this watch is totally 100% fine for recreational (aka PADI) diving. I have had it down to 100 feet with no issue what-so-ever. It is rated to 200M (or 600 feet). Most recreational diving is limited to 120 feet so you are well within the boundries of the watch. Anyway, I plan to continue using mine for diving and I do not expect there to be any issue.

The neatest feature of this version (only on the 3rd generation of this model) is the radio self correction. In short, the watch "phones home" to the atomic clock in Boulder, Colorado every morning at 2AM and self corrects the time to the hundreth of a second. Anytime I have checked, it has never been off by more than 2 seconds, even 23 hours after correction. So the watch is accurate to 2 seconds per day but self adjust every 24 hours to maintain this accuracy.
57 helpful votes
58 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on December 1, 2016
This is an excellent watch. I wish I had this watch years ago when I was still flying. The instructions are okay, but I was able to setup the watch the way I wanted it. I like the various bits of information on the face so there is no button pushing to get information. If you are hi-tech you will like this watch even if you are not a pilot.
on February 18, 2014
It has been a couple of weeks since I bought this watch! It is a great looking watch and I think it is worth spending the extra few dollars for the titanium part. I was originally looking for a watch with a black bracelet. Was very tempted to buy the watch in a stainless steel black. I didn't buy it because they didn't have a black titanium bracelet.

I am giving this watch a four star review for a few of the small quirks this watch has. One of them that really bothers me is the calendar. The calendar always displays the date of the second time zone instead of the primary time zone which is not such a handy feature. Other than that I love the watch. I might even write a edit of this review after a few months of use when I discover more about the watch.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on March 7, 2014
This is the third time I have bought the blue angel model. I owned two versions of the citizen wingman model and a citizen navihawk prior to buying my first blue angel. This series of watches have all the features I use and love. I wear a watch for about three years, then I give it away and buy a new one. The previous blue angel watch I owned worked fine for about three years but then mode selections became difficult because rotating the crown would skip past some of the digital modes making alarm or stop watch selections difficult. I had it overhauled and it worked fine for about six months but then the problem resurfaced. Time for a new watch...so I replaced my old blue angel with this current model. I must say, I really love it. It has all the old features plus a selectable background light. And the upgraded look is amazing. It gets noticed and I get compliments all the time.The mode selections are still made with the crown, but the crown now moves a mechanical pointer on the face of the watch, which is different than on the previous model, and I hope it corrects the problem I previously had.
All in all, the perfect watch for me. Highly recommended.
on August 2, 2012
Before this I used the navihawk titanium watch. This is much much better because the design is more fashionable and the watch is bigger than my previous watch. The thing that stands out most is the crystal used. Before most of citizen's eco drives has crytals like magnifying glasses. You can read the time fine straight up but it would be blurred when looked through the sides. This watch is a big improvement. The glass is just like other watches, not the magnifying glass type. Then there is the safety clasp. It is very light to clip it in and very smooth to open. The opening mechanism for the clasp is incorporated in the buckle so it is not protruding out of the strap like in previous versions. The speaker for this watch is way louder than in previous ones. This watch also has an led backlight available for dark places. And you would not hesitate to use this light as the watch is always being charged due to its eco drive function! Lastly the buttons are so cool. Trapezoidal shapes tilted at the sides of the watch makes it look sleek.

Some gripes of mine is that this is a heavier watch than my previous one. But this is way bigger and better looking so no biggie. The more important one is that in order to adjust the modes (chrono, timer, alarm), you have to pull the crown out one click which is unlike my previous watch where you just turn the crown to change the modes. I guess this has some pros as the modes cannot be changed accidentally.
on July 6, 2014
Photos on Amazon about this product dont do any justification. In person the watch looks 100% more beautiful and elegant. Out of box, it is easy to setup. When i opened the box it automatcially accessed the radio singal and time was set. If one needs to know in detial of the setup procedure, use citizen support webpage for video instructions. I am very pleased and satified with the purchase. I took it to a jeweller to adjust the band and he did it free for me!
Thanks to my wife..she was the one who asked me to check the price on Amazon the day I bought this..I have been looking at this for a year now and the price ranged from $671 to $421. So order it at the right time! :) to save some bucks...If you want.
0Comment|Report abuse
This is a wonderfully accurate time piece that will never need a battery. It charges quickly in both natural and artificial light and will stay charged for up to six months in total darkness. It is easy to set. All you do is select a city from your time zone and the watch sets itself via radio control. I am still getting to know this watch and its features. My only complaint is that some of the display numbers are a little small for a middle aged guy, so I have to squint at times.