Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Eco-Drive Women's EW9962-50D Silhouette Watch
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School

on July 19, 2011
I purcahsed this watch because I already owned a citizen watch and love it. I wanted a larger watch face as I got older and easier to read the time. I love the mother of pearl face and the crystals make the watch look expense.
on March 13, 2012
My wife loved this watch. I done a lot of research on this item before purchasing it for her for Christmas. It is now the second Citizen watch she owns..Only thing we had to do was shorten the watch band, it came with a generous amount of links. My wife has petite wrists so we had a jeweler remove several links. It keeps great time, looks elegant, never needs a battery and has a wonderful warranty.
on June 23, 2011
I bought this 3 months ago for my wife as we were looking for a watch which does not need a battery change. My wife has gone through 3 Seiko electric/analog display watches prior to this purchase. Although these were good watches until we have to change the battery when the original factory seal is broken. After this the watches invariably loose their ability to seal out moisture which starts to degrade the performance of the delicate electronics of these precision equipment.

Of the options between Seiko Kinetic and Citizen Eco Drive, chose the Eco Drive since my daughter had the first generation watch from 5 years ago. Amazon had the best price anywhere and with the free shipping it is unbeatable value. The watch came in original Citizen packaging and carries US warranty unlike some grey market vendors. I had to charge the watch for about 8 hours in natural day light (some in the sun) for a full charge as recommended. The watch looks very elegant and my wife is very happy with this timepiece. It keeps very good time and hope never to change a battery for a long time to come.
on September 22, 2012
I received my watch yesterday - shipping was amazingly fast. I had an Anne Klein bangle watch I wore for eight years or so. Very pretty and delicate with a couple of tiny diamonds. The gold was slowly coming off the bangle after wearing it every day for so long that I was faced with getting a new watch. Let me tell you, I agonized over this decision for about 6 months. No watch was good enough for me. I was not ready to let go of my pretty watch. Well I got an Amazon gift card for $100.00 and decided I was going to get a Citizen. I was very apprehensive because my watch was dainty and I wasn't sure I was going to like a wider banded watch. I have to say, it is very pretty and elegant and you can tell it is a quality product. I got three links removed because the band is generously large. The jeweler took them off in about five minutes. It fits nicely, feels good, my husband loves it. I miss my old watch - I gave it to my sister, but I love the fact that I got this pretty Citizen. I have never had such an expensive watch and I have to admit the crystals are very pretty, the way they hug the face of the watch. I also love Amazon's five year guarantee - that is great.
on April 21, 2012
I purchased this watch because it looked very nice in the photo. Well, I wasn't disappointed -- it's a very attractive watch. I've never had an Eco Drive watch (no batteries needed), and was a little skeptical about it. I charged it in direct sunlight (inside the house on a window sill). I charged it for only 2 minutes per instructions, and it has been running fine ever since. Instructions say it will last for about 6 months without charging. I love the watch -- it looks as expensive as my solid gold watch (and that one needs batteries).
This Eco-Drive watch by Citizen is an attractive, solar powered watch for both dress and casual wear. It's very feminine and classy, and would make a great gift for any woman who enjoys an understated elegance.

The watch is charged by both artificial (lamp) light or by sunlight. It is water-resistant up to 33' per Amazon. I would think that means waterproof, but I couldn't find any info here or on the Citizen site to confirm or clarify.

Once the watch is set and charged, all that's needed to keep the battery charged is giving the watch access to more light to convert to energy. A rechargable lithion ion cell keeps working, even in the dark to keep your watch charged. Assuming you wear the watch every now and then, you should enjoy battery-free, eco-friendly days wearing this watch.

This watch comes with a 5 year warranty through Citizen, but I did notice that some Amazon Marketplace sellers did not honor that warranty and had their own. Be sure to check that out when you make your purchase. I purchased directly from Citizen through Amazon.

I'm very pleased with this purchase, and I know it will be well received as a gift. I would recommend this watch to others seeking a classy gift that's also 'battery free'.

UPDATE: 8/4/14

This gift was well received. My mother loves the watch! We took it to a local jeweler for sizing and they took (3) links out of it to fit her wrist. The band is very generous, and should fit most women.

One issue came up with registering the watch for warranty purposes on the CitizenWatch dot com website. You need the serial number, model number and a third number (forget the name...); two of which must come off the back of the watch. That's the tricky part as even with a good magnifying glass those numbers are darn tough to see! I suggest having your jeweler look at those numbers with his or her loop and writing them down for you for your warranty registration. Registration is straight forward and easy, but you do need those numbers.
on March 2, 2013
I bought a Citizens Watch for me some time ago, and it has been a really good one. So when my wife needed a new watch, we got this one. It is stylish and durable and has that Eco Drive technology that automatically charges the watches battery by any light source. Don't even have to think about it. We highly recommend it.
on December 17, 2012
I was thrilled to see the watch looks exactly as the picture. The band is brushed as I had hoped. I did not want a brassy look. I saw it in a store for three times the cost that Amazon offered. I did not get it in the two days as Prime advertises but I ordered it in the height of online shopping for Christmas. I would not look any further, this watch is a beaut!
on April 6, 2012
I bought this watch for my grandma cause her old watch was starting to rust after 12 years of use. We had previously visited other watch shops and remained unsatisfied with their selection. We even had ordered an invicta but returned it because the case whith was a bit too small to see for my grandma. This watch is the perfect watch for her and looks much more expensive than what we paid for. I would recommend this watch to anyone and if I could I would give if 6 stars.
on August 25, 2013
I'm quite pleased with my recent purchase. The pictures don't reveal how pretty this watch is. It's the perfect size and very eye-catching with the side mounted crystals and mother of pearl face. I have a small wrist but we were able to remove links easily. (Found a YouTube tutorial)

The Eco Drive feature was the main reason I selected this watch - I like the idea of not having to replace batteries.