Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Women's Eco-Drive Leather Strap #EW8282-09P
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

on December 16, 2010
I cannot speak to the long-term reliability and performance of this item because I just received it as a gift for a family member although I've heard nothing but good things about the Citizen Eco-Drive series from others who own one. I'm writing this review just after receiving the watch because previous reviews stated that the band was not brown and I disagree. This band is a beautiful mahogany brown with darker chocolate brown accents. It is exactly what I expected. In addition, the watch started running as soon as I took the lid off of the box to inspect it and it is charging off of a very low wattage desk lamp, which I think will make the recipient very happy since their main complaint was having to replace watch batteries.

The size of this device as depicted in Amazon's images is accurate and the face has a very nice mother of pearl sheen to it. In addition, the hands and hour marks on the watch face are much easier to read than the Amazon images appear and they sparkle in the light, making it easy to see the time at a glance.
on November 17, 2012
I have owned this watch for three years and have nothing but praise. It has never lost or gained time, but has remained dead on accurate. I have not even needed to replace the band, and I wear it every day. If, God forbid, something happens to this watch, I will quickly return to Amazon and order another.
on April 3, 2009
I've had my watch for years and it is still ticking!! I love the idea that it does not require a battery. It seemed like I was always replacing batteries in my other watches. Inevitably I'd put on a watch and it was dead because of the battery. Then it would take me awhile to go get the battery replaced.
on February 9, 2009
Very tasteful and ecological. Looks like a typical Citizen's watch. I have a narrow wrist so it looks good on it, but the band is long and the first clasp hole makes the strap too loose. The band widens after that, so another cannot be made.
on December 4, 2014
I didn't realize it's this small until I received it! I can barely see the time at a glimpse due to it's too small. According to the specification, the measurement for the base is 17mm, that actually is the outside width. The inner width of the glass area is about 12mm, less than half of the diameter of a quarter (24.26 mm or 0.955 in). Lesson learned: no matter how many 5 star reviews are out there for a product, pay attention to those 1 or 2 star reviews because 5 star could just be self-justification and 1 or 2 star are the real deal.
review image
on February 19, 2013
Nice watch. Finish is a brushed gold tone stainless steel so does not have that cheap look of many imitation gold items. Started working right out of the box. Just normal room light keeps it charged. My wife has about a dozen battery operated watches so it seemed like I was always going to the battery store. Many people do not need a watch these days because they walk around with a cellphone stuck to their ear. We are not those people!
on October 9, 2009
This watch started running the second it saw light and hasn't skipped a beat since. It's very slim and I love the cordovan leather band. All in all, it's perfect. I would buy another eco-drive watch if I needed another. But my guess is this one will last me a long, long time.
on April 22, 2010
You cannot beat the looks and dependability of this great looking watch for the money. My wife bought me one for a birthday present 18 months ago, and I have worn it every single day without changing off. I went and ordered another one cause I like it so much. The original one needs a new strap, and they are rather pricey and I do like the look so I just ordered a spare cause honestly, It's the greatest watch I've ever owned. I have about a dozen watches and this one surpasses them all.
on April 14, 2014
I like this watch but would have liked it better if the face was a little bigger. However, the website picture with the watch depicted on a woman's wrist is accurate though. I have a small wrist and it looks fine on me. But if you're bigger boned, it may be too petite for you. The band is a nice leather and I would say the Amazon picture is accurate as to the color. It's more of a red/cordovan color, not really brown. The Eco-drive kicked in right away and it's been running accurately and continuously since I took it out of the box. So far, I like it.
on August 19, 2012
I have been wanting a Citizen Eco-Drive watch and when I saw this one on Amazon.com for less than $100 (including shipping), I jumped at it. It has been keeping perfect time since I received it. It is a "plain" watch - no bells and whistles; but that is one of things that I like the best about it. In my opinion, this watch is an excellant bargain.

See 1 answered question