Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Women's FC0000-59D "World Time A-T" Stainless Steel Eco-Drive Watch
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on February 9, 2014
This watch takes the cake when it comes to precision and low maintenance. Once set to appropriate time zone, the watch automatically synchronizes with the closest atomic clock each morning at 2 AM, which makes for perfect time keeping. Since the watch is solar powered, you'll never need to worry about replacing the battery and/or not having the right time on hand. I personally love the detail of the blue dials combined with the rose gold numbers. I have not yet experimented with the alarm function of this watch but was pleased to learn of this feature as well. As far as size goes, some women may view it as closer to a men's size which I agree with. I have a slender wrist and had to go to a local Citizen dealer in order to have several links removed so that it would fit. I will say this is more of a unisex watch in terms of face size, as it is about the same size as many men's watches I have seen. With that said I believe this to be the perfect watch for anyone (lady or gent) looking for an elegant, precise and low maintenance watch for every day wear!
on August 7, 2013
What makes this a ladies style? Forget what you read and make up your own mind. If you have a slender wrist, consider this option. I nearly got the Eli Manning limited edition of this movement, but men's watches are getting too big and bulky. I don't like having my suit jacket or shirt hang up on my watch. This watch is a big as any of my multi-function compass watches and certainly larger than my dress watches. My first impression was that this is a sporty watch that had a 'dressed up' look to it. If you travel, this will take you from one time zone to another with no mental confusion. Swapping home and destination time zones with a touch of a button is just too cool. Easily impressed, I suppose. You can go from jeans and tee shirt to dress-casual and maybe more formal dress and not have to decide on what watch to bring along. I showed this to all my buddies not revealing the gender part. All positive feedback even considering individual preferences. Then I told them that it is a ladies watch. They all said, "I don't see a woman wearing this watch." To be clear about the manly issue; us guys are all retired telephone company linemen. Let's just call this watch 'Uni-sex'. Make sure that the watch band can be sized for you before you commit. I would also recommend the men's version of this watch movement. So, this watch is endorsed by a hot Russian tennis pro and not a football player or race car driver. I can live with that. It's not like you will find me in heels and fabulous makeup anytime soon.
44 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2014
This watch is a cool mix of chunky elegance and impressive technology. The nerd in me loves that the time and date are always perfect. It goes easily from casual to dressy and definitely embraces the big-is-in trend in women's watches. So glad that Citizen has brought radio controlled atomic technology to the ladies!
on November 1, 2014
I am really satisfied with this watch. I travel a lot, and wanted a dressier watch that could handle 2 time zones. The booklet explains how to set it, and there is a helpful YouTube video by Citizen that outlines the "how to" as well. Once you get the hang of it, it isn't hard. Switching between the time zones is a breeze! The clasp is secure and comfortable.

As you'll see from the reviews, both men and women buy this watch. Ladies, this really is larger...like 40-50% larger than my very dressy women's watch. It is smaller than men's watches that are "in this style", so to speak. I am of medium build, and it looks bigger but not out of place. Hopefully that makes sense.

People have outlined a lot of details In other reviews, so I'll just outline why I've given it 4 instead of 5 stars. One of the male reviewers, Andrew Zuckerman, has a really spot on, detailed review. The reason the watch gets 4 instead of 5 stars is that the watch is absolutely worthless in low light or dark. Totally unreadable. Mr Zuckerman was so right. I thought, it couldn't be that bad...well, it absolutely is. Minus one star for marketing this watch as having luminescent hands and hour markers. The only time they glow adequately is when you go immediately from bright sunlight to low light, and it fades quickly. NOT practical. Why do they even bother promoting that feature?

Fortunately I don't need low light view as a core capability for use. Bottom line: pretty watch, easy to set once you get the hang of it, super easy to switch between time zones once set, automatically adjusts for DST (configurable if you don't want that), flawless timekeeping because it sets itself, no batteries to change, comfortable, gets compliments, functional. If you don't need dim light readability, this is a FANTASTIC watch. I'm so glad it bought it.

***Edit: DST ended over the weekend - the watch automatically "fell back" just as it should have. Wonderful!***
on September 21, 2014
This is an amazing watch. I'm really on the fence about giving it 5 stars, but a couple of things hold it back. First let me preface this review by saying I am a guy, and this is really a unisex watch. My wrist size is 6.5" and it fits perfectly. Sure, big is trendy nowadays, but every generation has it's own way of overcompensating. I think the watch actually has a little bit of old school flair to it... style cues like the cursive script and rounded numbers are something you would have seen 50 years ago. I'm also going to mention that I'm an active duty military pilot and have gotten nothing but compliments from other pilots and aircrew. Sure, Citizen goes out of its way to advertise this as a lady's watch... but that doesn't mean it is lady's watch.

Ok, here is why you are getting one heck of a lot of watch for the money:
-Sapphire crystal on a watch under $500? Wow.
-Great radio reception. I've always had better luck with Citizen radio watches over Casio.
-This is a true world time watch. The hour hand jumps and there is a second mini clock for monitoring a second time zone. As a pilot this is perfect to monitor GMT as well as local time. This is a true GMT- when the main hour hand jumps the 24 hour mini clock stays the same time. You can also set each time zone for unique DST/SMT rules. You can let the watch determine if you are in DST based on the radio signal, or you can manually force it. Simple.
-Having the day of the week available is surpringly useful to an idiot like myself.
-The seconds hand hits the indices pretty well. I'd say 98%. Most swiss quartz watches hit like 90% of them.
-The alarm is good and loud enough to wake me up.
-Size is perfect for a skinny guy like myself. It fits under a flight suit sleeve easily, as opposed to some of those monster 48mm 'pilot' watches which are mainly worn by non-pilots.
-100m water resistance is perfect for my needs. I don't feel guilty taking a shower with it on, swimming laps, snorkeling, etc.

Here are some cons to keep in mind. LIke I said this is almost a five star product, but....
-CITIZEN PLEASE STOP USING A CHRONOGRAPH PUSHER BUTTON TO CHECK RADIO RECEPTION. With some creative engineering they could have taken out the two chrono pushers. They function only to set a few things you won't use very often (like manually forcing the watch to use DST or STD time), or check the status of things you might not care that much about (like the status of DST or signal reception success).
-Probably my biggest gripe is the cheap bracelet. It is made in China (stamped as such) and you can tell the difference in quality. It doesn't pull hair but the butterfly clasp isn't particularly comfortable either. YMMV.
-Lume is awful.
-The hour hand and minute hand are fairly close in size so sometimes it takes a second to make sure you are getting the right one. Of course I've only had the watch for one day so hopefully this will get easier.

To sum it up, I'd buy this watch again in a heartbeat. Another reviewer put it very well- who cares if the TV commercial has a tennis star instead of Eli Manning. Buy the watch that makes YOU happy. The most common response I get when I tell people that this is actually advertised as a lady's watch is, "Really?" Nice job on the tech and design Citizen, next time don't cheap out on the bracelet and get rid of the unnecessary chrono pushers!
on December 23, 2014
I'm glad Citizen finally put out a women's atomic watch. I love that fact I don't have to manually adjust the time and date when daylight savings comes around or if I travel into a different time zone. The eco-drive is fantastic. It's nice knowing I don't have to replace the battery every other year. This is larger and heavier than a standard women's watch. It's comparable to a smaller men's watch. When I first received it I was concerned it would look terrible on me due to the size. I am just under five feet tall. After having my local jeweler resize the band and putting it on my wrist I knew I made the right choice. I've been using it for three months and no one has asked me why I'm wearing a men's watch. The face is mother of pearl, numbers are copper, and hands are teal. Feminine yet classy. The picture makes it appear the watch has a brushed nickel finish, but it's actually shiny. I've been very pleased with my watch and especially love the great price I got it for on Amazon.
on June 1, 2014
This watch is stunning. It has my favorite color - teal accents. This watch is impressive. The bracelet is large, but you can easily take it to a jeweler and have it sized. I also like that it's atomic - it sets itself for time or date changes. You don't have to worry about skipping the date forward or the time zones. (Interestingly enough, it was able to "connect" while sitting in my safe.) It has a beautiful mother-of-pearl face. The picture does not do this watch justice.
on July 30, 2015
Excellent balance of features. But Pricing is not at par with online prices. Lowest amazon price is about $ 340. Other online price is $310.
Atomic time plus Solar power means a worry-free watch. the stainless bracelet makes it easier to maintain. Sapphire glass means more resistant to scratch than the common mineral glass watch. One disadvantage is the size. Some women find it big since previous women's watches are "tiny" in comparison. If they make it a bit smaller, it will look more elegant in a woman's wrist.
on January 13, 2014
Have had this watch for about 2 weeks now. Since it's the middle of winter, I've needed to take advantage of fairly warm sunny days to recharge it. Fortunately, we have days like that! This watch is really big, but I wanted that. Will need to keep the instruction manual with me on trips since the functions are complex. I leave it overnight on the same windowsill that our small atomic clock occupies to make sure it receives an atomic update. The only thing I don't like is the white main hour and minute hands are hard to see! Have considered having a watch smith paint them black but the hands are luminous in the dark. If anyone has a suggestion for that I'd appreciate hearing about it. Otherwise, I'm happy.
on December 2, 2014
Great watch, my wife loves it. I wanted something that is low-maintenance for her, and this is. No battery, no setting, she just wears it and it's always correct. I ordered the gold one first, but she didn't like how the second hand was red (and larger than the picture seems to show), and so the red stood out quite a bit. But, this one is teal, and looks great. A great watch at a great price.