Ava has always wanted a simple life. But that’s not the way things work inside the Los Angeles City Center. Not when you’re a top Successor Candidate for Queen. The only way to break free is to leave the city center, but that’s impossible. There’s no foreseeable way out, and it’s far too dangerous on the Outside. Or so they’ve been told by the city’s leader, Chief Morray.
When Ava learns from a rebel named Joseph that everything about her city is a lie, she escapes with him to the Outside. Now she’s on the run in an unknown world with a stranger, while Chief Morray obsessively hunts her down. She discovers an even more gruesome truth about the city center and if she doesn’t return to save her people, she might lose them forever..
This thrilling young adult sci-fi series follows Ava Rhodes as she fights against Chief Morray to save her people from his maniacal new agenda to control all human life.
The New Agenda Young Adult Series:
Book 1: THE CITY CENTER
Book 2: THE MAINFRAME
Book 3: THE TORRENT
THE NEW AGENDA (Prequel to The City Center)
- Also available in a Box Set, see author page for details.
Be sure to check out VOICES OF THE APOCALYPSE - A SHORT STORY SERIES.
This story is decorated with familiar things, and at its heart contains thrilling characters and heroic journeys. - RevolutionSF
The power of this novel actually comes from the world building and the action." - Smart Girls Love Sci-fi
The revelations before the conclusion are properly shocking and quite insidious. - SF Crowsnest
Great writer, great story. I can't wait to see what happens next! Bravo! - Dina Kucera, Author of Everything I Never Wanted to Be.
˃˃˃ Here's what readers are saying:
- Looking for a new page turner? My eyes are burning because I couldn't put it down. I skipped meals, sleep, yoga, I HAD to finish it.
- A friend turned me on to this book, and I couldn't be happier she did. I usually take a long time to finish a book, but blew through The City Center in 2 days. Great story with really good writing. I highly recommend this book.
- Fantastic first book in what I hope is a long series. I thoroughly enjoyed this imaginative journey. Ms. Pond struck a great balance between story and character development. Can't wait for more!
- You had me up reading much later than I wanted to stay up last night.
- You will whip through this book, it is a fast and easy read, and Ava and other characters are fully imagined and instantly enthralling. Can't wait for the next one (there HAS to be a next one, right?!?).
- I just finished 'The City Center' and I loved it. I started it on Sunday, brought it to work with me on Monday to read during my lunch hour and finished it Monday night. I was quickly caught up in the characters and had a hard time putting it down until I knew how everything played out. I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment in the series!
Free with Kindle Unlimited!
Scroll up to buy your copy!