Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 11-20 of 115 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 570 reviews
on April 24, 2009
I bought the Avenged Sevenfold cd and I liked it so much that I got this one too. I've become an A7X junkie. The vocals aren't as smooth as the Avenged Sevenfold album. They definately came a long way in two years. Their sound is crisp and clean on the A7X album, whereas it is a little more muddled on City Of Evil. But, Bat Country definately sounds more like '07 Avenged and it was the first song I ever heard by them. I appreciate the way they blend harmonizing with classical instruments and heavy metal guitar rifts. But if you're not a hard core A7X fan...I would recommend hearing the smooth stuff first.
on March 12, 2015
A7X has always been a favorite band of mine. I actually haven't listened to the whole album yet, but once I do, I will be sure to come and edit this review. As of right now, the person it was ordered it for seems to enjoy it, and that's all that matters.
on July 4, 2013
I usually only listen to 80's Heavy Metal and Thrash Metal like Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, Judas Priest and all that good Metal stuff and i hate modern 2000's heavy metal, but Avenged Sevenfold. Avenged Sevenfold is different, its the only modern metal band i like. And this album is really good. Its showed me the modern hero's of metal are doing great to carry on the name.
on December 28, 2012
Great LP. One of my favorites and was so happy to buy it. It is awesome condition and I listen to it all the time.
on July 2, 2012
This is a good album but with some flaws Avenged Sevenfold is a pretty good band with good songs like batcountry,Seize the day, City of Evil,and Many others then there are some bad songs and when I say bad I mean they suck I would recommend this album and There selftitled and any thing before 2009 Any thing afterwards just sucks to Me Maybe not you But to me yes.
on October 9, 2015
More singing than past albums, a few hints of screaming. Well-written, dramatic tunes without coming across as too cheesy. Musicianship is out of this world, especially from the late, great Rev. A great blend of 80s/90s metal with a spot-on modern twist. This is an album I picked up when it first came out, and is one that I have consistently come back to over the years, still enjoying it just like I did on day one.
on August 24, 2015
Awesome CD but the case was damaged. I would still highly recommend it. I would also suggest getting A7x's "Nightmare" and "self titled album" too :-)
on July 14, 2011
I have to start out saying I love their self title album and miss The Rev. My goal was to get all their old stuff, starting with this. At first I didn't find myself a big fan, but as time grew, this CD is pretty sweet.
First off, this isn't JUST thrash, even though a big part of it may seem like it. Yes, it is alot different than other metal, but that is why people, including, LOVE IT. If your a newer fan, you must get this album.
on October 9, 2016
Son is happy with his music. Arrived on time as promised.
on April 15, 2017