Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on October 7, 2012
With his newest release, Nils is quickly becoming one of my favorite Smooth Jazz artists. The album features some of the best grooves and melodies I've heard in quite some time. There are no fillers here, just straight ahead funk. If you haven't heard Nils play before, check this one out. Among the highlights, the title track, 'Casablanca', 'Sunset Blvd.', and 'Have An Attitude'.
on July 17, 2013
I've been a fan of Nils since the release of "Pacific Coast Highway" and this latest CD doesnt' disappoint at all! My favorite songs are "Have An Attitude", "Funk In Da House", and the title song, "City Groove" - all with a great beat that you just can't sit still when listening to. But every song on this CD showcases the amazing talent of this fantastic jazz guitarist.
on January 12, 2013
I have owns many CD's from NILS. He is an excellent guitarist. City Groove I think is is best CD yet. Many of his existing CD's are mixed with vovals which I do not care for. I like the music and not the voice most of the time. If you are a NILS fan then buy this CD. You won't be dissappointed. If you are not aware of NILS , then buy the CD, he is excellent.
on November 20, 2012
"City Groove" is my first Nils Cd, but not my last. I'm trying to find the word...Spectacular. The Dude can put together a groove and make you feel it. His music is insightful, infectious, and I'm going back for more.
on December 30, 2013
Nils' City Groove is top quality jazz funk. Crisp and consistent. All feel good tracks - "Let's Bounce", "Funk In Da House" and "Get On The Dance Floor" (How could you not?!). This CD is a must have from this smoothest of smooth jazz funk masters!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2013
This guy has a good sense of "the pocket" good tone and cool lines. 4 stars is my "very good" rating. You gotta really kick a** to get 5. Don't judge on his dorky videos, he's a fine player.
on May 4, 2013
I first heard a track from Nils played on satellite radio and liked the music, but I had never heard of Nils - so I "Google-d" him. According to another online music site, this is his second U.S. release in 7 years. The samples do not give this release justice, the entire package is very good.
on March 24, 2013
Never heard of Nils and came across his albums by accident on Amazon. Excellent synthesis of jazz, rock and pop grooves. Great musicianship from all the players. Never tire of listening to this CD. Great to listen at home while cooking or driving or lying on the couch daydreaming.
on March 28, 2013
I like smooth quitar, smooth jazz, and though I had never listened to Niles knowingly, I recgonized his style when it was presented on Pandora. Went to Amazon looking for him and am glad that I have this on my Kindle Fire for listening to while on the plane or reading at home.
on April 13, 2013
This is the type of music I love, and I'm glad I bought the album. This is the first but won't be the last music of this artist that I purchase. His music brings a smile to me, and the rhythms and blend of instruments fits my music interests.