- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: Russell Sage Foundation (February 1, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0871547783
- ISBN-13: 978-0871547781
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.2 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,417,703 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #432 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Public Affairs & Policy > Non-Governmental Organizations
- #1428 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Political Advocacy
- #2535 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics & Citizenship
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Civic Hopes and Political Realities: Immigrants, Community Organizations, and Political Engagement
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
S. KARTHICK RAMAKRISHNAN is associate professor of political science at the University of California, Riverside.
IRENE BLOEMRAAD is assistant professor of sociology at the University of California, Berkeley.
CONTRIBUTORS: Kristi Andersen, Sofya Aptekar, Maria Berger, Irene Bloemraad, Caroline B. Brettell, Els de Graauw, Shannon Gleeson, Rebecca Hamlin, Rahsaan Maxwell, Haven Perez, S. Karthick Ramakrishnan, Deborah Reed-Danahay, Kathy Rim, Laurencio Sanguino, Floris Vermeulen, Celia Viramontes, and Janelle Wong.