|Item Weight||5.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.5 x 6.3 x 8 inches|
|Item model number||CL840R12|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Power Source||Wall Outlet|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Plug Profile||Wall Mount|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.24 shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Clapper, Wireless Sound Activated On/Off Light Switch, Clap Detection, Perfect for Kitchen/Bedroom/TV/Appliances, 120 V Wall Plug, Smart Home Technology, As Seen On TV Household Gift
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.5 x 6.3 x 8 inches|
|Plug Profile||Wall Mount|
|Actuator Type||Push Button|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- WIRELESS WALL SWITCH: Simplify your life with the easy to use smart home wall switch. No more fumbling through the darkness looking for your light switch. Each package contains 1 Clapper switch.
- SOUND ACTIVATION: Lights On! Lights Off! Control your kitchen and bedroom lighting with the simple clap of your hands. Now that’s easy!
- MULTIPLE APPLIANCES: Can be programmed to two different appliances. Just clap two times for appliance A and three times for appliance B. Repeat to shut off.
- HOME/AWAY SETTING: Adjust for softer or louder claps. In AWAY setting, connected appliances will turn on with the detection of any sound.
- US-TYPE OUTLET: Each electrical switch is fit for a standard US 120 Volt outlet. Manufactured in the USA.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Exclusive items from our brands
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
The Sound Activated On/Off Switch
- Turn on household devices with the clap of your hands
- Plugs into standard light sockets
- Works with lamps and other devices
- Can be used in tandem with a second clapper for turning on multiple devices
- Contains one Clapper
Now Easier to Use and More Versatile
With clap detection lights. 2 Claps turn on the lamp. 3 Claps turn on the TV. The Clapper can control one or two appliances at the same time. Set the dial to Home or Away. Connect your appliance(s) into The Clapper. Plug The Clapper into any standard wall outlet.
The sound activated on/off switch. With clap detection lights. 2 Claps turn on the lamp. 3 Claps turn on the TV. The Clapper can control one or two appliances at the same time. Set the dial to Home or Away. Connect your appliance(s) into The Clapper. Plug The Clapper into any standard wall outlet. Features: Microphone. 2 Clap Outlet - Appliance connected to this outlet will be activated by 2 claps. 3 Clap Outlet - Appliance connected to this outlet will be activated by 3 claps. Indicator Lights - Indicator lights glow when a connected appliance is clapped off. Special Features: Clap Detection Lights - Lights glow in sequence when proper claps are detected. Sound Sensitivity Dial - Adjusts for softer or louder claps. UL Listed. Mfg in China.
From the Manufacturer
Caution: Joseph Enterprises, Inc is the ONLY legal, manufacturer and distributor of the trademarked 'The Clapper'. Our products are only shipped from the USA. We are not responsible for counterfeit product bought or sold from other sellers domestically or internationally. Beware of other sellers similar packaging and likeness. We take full responsibility for the quality of our products. 'The Clapper' is patented - US Patent No. #005493618 A and other US and Worldwide patents pending - and is a registered trademark protected by US Trademark Law.
1) Set Sensitivity Dial to Home 2) Plug appliance into left receptacle of The Clapper 3) Plug Clapper into wall Socket 4) Manually turn appliance on. 5) You can now turn your appliance on or off by clapping. You don't have to clap very hard! The Clapping sequence is more important than how loudly you clap: CLAP (pause) CLAP (pause) (pause) (pause) Where each pause is approximately ½ to 1 second long. The Three pauses after the second clap are very important. The Clap Detection Lights will only glow when a proper clap is detected. These lights will help you determine the proper speed and loudness of your claps that are necessary to activate your appliance. Please refer to detailed instructions for additional information on other features.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some things to consider when adjusting to a new and improved clapper lifestyle:
Your clap game needs to be on point. You can't just pop off two little weak mutual hand taps. You need to clap with authority. Your claps need to be sharp, and you need to mean business.
Adjust the sensitivity setting. If it's extremely sensitive and your clapper is right near where you hang out, you may drop something and the noise will turn the light off. This is an awkward moment for everyone. Test it out.
Go ahead - buy it as an ironic joke.. then enjoy the hell out of it.
Top reviews from other countries
TOO KLUNKY: Firstly, it's not so great at the best of time. Yes we could, sort of, mostly get it to turn on and off when we wanted. Usually took two tries or more. But that would have been fine because we wanted to use it only occasionally.
TO CLEVER: Once you plug it in, it seems to want to take over your bedroom lighting. I had 'thought' it would work this way. With the light switch on, you could clap it on or off. With light switch off, obviously its off. But we also EXPECTED that if we turned off the light switch WHEN THE LAMP WAS ON, that the lamp would turn back on again when we turned the light switch on. But, no. If you clap it off, or turn it off at the switch, the only way to turn it back on again is to clap it back on. This is ridiculous! We only want to occasionaly clap it on or off but turn it on or off 90% or more of the time with the light switch. This is not possible. The way it works is it assumes the light switch is ALWAYS on and you have to clap it on or off each time. Forget that. My hands were already starting to hurt with its constant mistakes.
We had it in a box for almost a month before trying. Thankfully we tried two days within the Amazon return window! Back its going. We have an Amazon Dot. Next up we'll try one of those wall plugs that can be turned on and off with our voice. Let's hope that will work as expected.
En teoría muy bien, pero en la práctica un poco más complicada de lo que creí.
El aparato tiene 2 conectores para tener el mismo número de aparatos en él; uno es para activarse con 2 palmadas y otro para activarse con 3. Tiene un selector de sensibilidad de micrófono de tres posiciones “Sensibilidad baja, sensibilidad alta y siempre encendido”. El manual indica que no es importante la fuerza de las palmadas si no el timing (dar las palmadas con las pausas adecuadas entre sí)
Pues en mi caso, ya encontré más o menos como activarla y desactivarla, pero para mi hija no es nada fácil, el micrófono no detecta sus palmadas o lo hace pero ella no puede hacerlas con el ritmo apropiado.
+Fabricado con buenos materiales
+Suficiente documentación del producto
* Para mi resulto más difícil de utilizarse de lo que esperaba.
Aún así, creo que el dispositivo es divertido y puede ser muy útil, pero tomando en cuenta que solo funcionará con aplausos de un adulto y no en el 100% de los casos.