Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clarks Men's Touareg Oxford
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

Price:$129.95 - $139.99

on May 19, 2011
First let me say, I did not purchase these shoes from Amazon, I got them at Macy's but this is definitely the shoe and I would be doing a disservice to Clarks to not review them.

I am about to retire my Clarks to a landfill with a salute for the years of service they have given me. I am a waiter, and I got these shoes about 4-5 years ago. I work 4-5 nights a week, constantly on my feet, constantly moving, in harsh conditions for a shoe. I probably would not even take notice of how durable these shoes have been if I had not noticed so many of my coworkers going through multiple pairs of shoes in the mean time. My coworkers say, "it's the traction on the stairs that just eats shoes" and I show them the soles of my Clarks and they show little wear. To further elaborate how durable these shoes are, midway through the service of these shoes, I severely sprained my ankle. I did not go to the doctor but bought a brace and continued to limp around work. I SHOULD have seen a doctor, but my medical mis-adventure is not the point. I limped for MONTHS. I crammed this chunky ankle brace wrapped around my fat foot into these boats for MONTHS. Did all that abuse and uneven walking impact these shoes? Yes, my left shoe showed a bit of heavy wear in the leather around the upper heel, and it looks exactly the same 2 years after not wearing the brace any longer. I bought Dr. Scholls gel inserts for these shoes, and the have completely worn out. I broke a lace on the right shoe, and the replacement lace has worn out before the original lace on the left.

Now I'm not gonna say it's all good. I gotta say when I first got these shoes they were NOT comfortable. It felt like I was walking on concrete, hence the gel inserts. Even with the inserts they were uncomfortable, for quite some time. I guess eventually I either became accustomed to how they felt or I truly broke them in because at some point they just became an extension of my body, and then a bragging right.

Another thing, they never stunk! It may seem strange that I would note that, but I have been stricken with the occasional case of athletes foot, and I have also been the owner of some awesomely stinky shoes and these are not a pair that ever began to smell. I could kick them off at a friends house and be at ease.

So the structural failure that has brought twilight to this hard working pair of shoes was a tear in the leather upper where it is stitched to the sole. I believe if I had given these shoes ANY maintenance there would be many more miles left in them. Coincidentally I am changing restaurants that prefer a sneaker, and though I am still wearing these shoes for their last few shifts, the timing of their demise could not be more perfect. I will not be purchasing another pair as I do not need this style, but I certainly would recommend them.

These shoes were never my favorite shoes, never my most comfy shoes, not my oldest shoes, but they are well deservedly my most appreciated shoes. I bought them for work and I worked them. I'm tempted to do that thing that kids do when the tie the laces together and throw them over some high wires so they will be around for longer, but I won't. They have served their purpose and now it's time for them to rest.
on July 28, 2008
Update, Sept. 2012
Still wearing these at least twice a week.

August 2011 Update:
I'm still wearing these shoes and except for a scuffed toe on one of them they still look and feel great! (I haven't yet tried to buff out the scratch.)

These are the most comfortable shoes of this type I have ever worn and they appear to be very well constructed. I am extremely pleased with them so far.
The shoes have an attractive burnished finish which I fear may disappear if polished. Indeed, one reviewer stated that the look of his shoes were ruined after a polishing. I will use caution when and if I ever polish them.
on February 10, 2010
I have had may clarks shoes in the past. This shoe is like the rest of them... Well made and quite comfortable. I am satisfied with the shoe and assume it will last me a long while.

Pros:
Nice color (Will match any color from light brown to black)
Well made
Stylish
Durable sole
Real leather (unlike sketchers or other low cost/high markup shoes)
Sheep skin, inner tongue (for easier in/out due to softer leather)

Cons:
Made in China rather than the former [exceptionally made] European Clarks
The insole is thin and cheep. (shame on clarks for doing this)
Insole was damaged

I really wish clarks were still made in Europe like they used to be, but the shoe market is VERY competitive, so I cant blame them too much. The build quality is near the same as it used to be but the insole is MUCH cheaper and would most likely cost $1.50 at Wal-mart. There were four things that made clarks brand the best shoe around: Quality Leather, Build Quality, Price, Insole.
This shoe has all of the above, without the insole. The insole that came with my shoe was thin and folded over, which made a crease which my foot rubs against all day. The former clarks had a GREAT,thick cushioned insole, which equated to most of the comfort found in the shoe. Although comfortable, this shoe may not be an "all day on your feet" type of shoe.

I give the shoe under 5 stars because of the crappy insoles, but the shoe is still a clarks, so... it is a great shoe. I would buy it again because the pro's far outweigh the cons. If you buy this shoe and have had clarks for years, you may notice a difference, but if you are new to the clarks shoe, Im sure you will be satisfied with your purchase.

Note: I usually wear an 11.5 (12 in Nike), but a size 11 in this shoe fit perfect
on September 13, 2013
I bought these shoes for commuting so that I could wear something that was comfortable enough for walking but still look reasonable with my business clothes. These shoes are pretty versatile, and have worked well for this purpose as well as just a good casual shoe to wear with jeans. Overall I have been pretty pleased with the look and comfort of the shoes.

However, the shoes have what I consider to be a major design flaw in the sole. After owning them for about a year I noticed my feet started getting wet when walking to work in even light rain and even more surprising when the rain had stopped but the ground was still wet. I tried applying 2 coatings of mink oil to increase their water resistance, really working it into the seams where the sole is stiched to the upper. This seemed like the most likely culprit to me. However, this didn't do a thing, I still found the area under the ball of my foot getting completely wet ever time it was even just damp outside. I finally realized the problem the other day. Clarks inserted a logo into the sole of each shoe (which you can see in the image). The logo is made of a separate piece of plastic/rubber and is simply glued into a hole molded into the sole. Well, I realized the logo is now pulling away from the sole at the edge, leaving a handy port for water to flood right into my shoe. This is really bad design which has ruined what would otherwise still be a perfectly good pair of shoes. The uppers and the rest of the shoe are still in good shape, but it is ridiculous to have a shoe that can't go out in damp weather.
on February 13, 2013
These are great shoes for all day comfort and style. They've held up great over the past year. However some of the stitching has gotten pulled out and frayed. I've also used waterproofing products on these, and it just doesn't seem to have any effect. Your feet will get wet and even rain drops leave ugly, large wet spots.
on July 15, 2014
I own a pair of these in Brown and they are my favorite pair because they fit a little better. I looked all over in the stores to try to find these but I could not so I found them here on Amazon. What was I thinking? Should have save a lot of time and gas and just ordered them here to begin with. These are a little wider than I had hoped, but not bad.
on May 18, 2013
I'm disappointed with clark shoe brand, these shoes were of poor quality, they filter the water on either side of the seam and today I see that the logo is in the template sank and now I have a hole below the shoe. Incredibly poor quality for a brand that is usually recognized as good and expensive.

Estoy decepcionado con la marca de zapatos clark, estos zapatos resultaron de muy mala calidad, se les filtra el agua por cualquier lado de la costura y hoy veo que el logo que esta en la plantilla se hundio y ahora tengo un hueco debajo del zapato. Increiblemente mala calidad para una marca que usualmente se reconoce como buena y costosa.
on January 25, 2016
This was my first pair of Clarks and I am a fan now. I chose these because of the stylish look. I always associated Clark's with senior citizens. Boy, was I wrong!! These look & fit great and were comfortable right out of the box. No break- in required. They go great business casual with khakis or weekends in jeans. And after five years of medium wear, they still look great! I highly recommend.

Funny story, I was visiting an out of town friend who I hadn't seen almost a year. My wife and I were meeting he and his wife for dinner. This was shortly after I had purchased these shoes, so I definitely wanted to wear them. When we meet outside the restaurant, I look down and say, "hey, I like your shoes." Be looks down and says, "hey, I like yours too." We had on the same pair! So all through dinner we go on and on about how much we like the shoes. The wives were like, "ladies, will you shut up about your awesome shoes already!" Yeah, that shut us up....

But seriously, super shoe.
VINE VOICEon December 8, 2012
Anybody who has owned Clarks knows they are extremely comfortable. This model is no exception, for sure. I like my shoes a little on the shiny side. These shoes come with a nice shine to them, and they shine up nicely, as well, with a little polish. I have been wearing them to work 5 days/week for about 7 months now, and they look like the day that I bought them. Importantly, they are just as comfortable as on Day 1, too. For the price, I cannot imagine a better pair of shoes.
on July 30, 2015
Bought these as work shoes for my job as a bank teller. I could wear them for hours on end and my feet wouldn't hurt. No real arch support, but hardly any shoes do, so not a knock on them. They also fit very big on me, although most of that was my fault as I did not understand the difference in size between dress/casual shoes and athletic shoes. I also didn't understand at the time that Clarks shoes in general tend to fit pretty big. My current pair of Clarks are size 9.5 and fit perfectly, so size 10.5 was way too big. In conclusion, didn't fit me great but mostly user error.

See 1 answered question