Truck Season Automotive Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 26, 2015
I wanted to like these boots. I really did. I have been looking for boots like these for awhile and I just couldn't get super excited about what was offered. Then I saw these. I thought "Those are the ones! They have many different colors, the leather looks super good, the price is competitive, the reviews are stellar!!"

My first pair were a half size too large. It seemed a lot of people had that. No problem, I used Amazon's free returns to exchange for a half size smaller. As an aside, if you are worried about the return policy on items like this, don't! Amazon is excellent at exchanges and returns. Anyway the boots themselves looked great, leather was same color as I ordered from amazon, seemed comfy for the half day I wore them albeit large and prone to slip off my heel.

So I got my next size, and i was really digging the boots. "Yeah, i found the best pair for the money!" I thought to myself. I took them to work the next day, and around 11:00 i noticed the sole was separating. "What the heck!" I looked at amazon and saw reviews stating this was happening to them also. Then I looked around online and noticed many people saying the same thing, talking about Clarks' quality decline. Granted it seems like you can find that for any shoe manufacturer these days so take that with a grain of salt. Regardless I wasn't happy. But I wanted to like these boots SOOOOO much. They looked stunning with a nice pair of dark denim, or khakis. So i decided to exchange them and try one more pair.

So my third pair comes in the mail. I took one shoe out of the box. I didn't even put it on. I simulated walking in them. I bent the toe ONE time. Not a heavy bend that would make it touch the laces. No, just a normal bend you would occur when walking. The sole separated. I heard the glue let go. These shoes hadn't even been put on! I ended up returning them for a refund. I have to hand it to Amazon, they really know how to do customer service. I haven't paid for any of the three return shipping or subsequent shipping to send them to me. And me having Amazon Prime, they sent all three with two day shipping!

Clarks, if you're reading this, you might want to do some QC before you let your shoes leave the factory...
662 people found this helpful
|1818 comments|Report abuse
on June 26, 2017
These shoes look amazing, they take a few wears to break in, and they are pretty comfortable to wear all day. Unfortunately my love for the shoe is overshadowed with the glaring reality that they weren't built nearly as well as Clark's that I have owned in the past. Whether the sho was defective, or just poorly manufactured can be debated among other reviewers, but I will present the simple facts. Day1: wore the shoes to work all day, comfortable to walk in, tight on the toes as the leather stretched. Day2: wore these for another full day at work, toes felt good at the end of the day. When I got home I turned sharply on my wood floors and felt the left sole detach from the boot (see photo). Upon examination of both shoe I could see that the right shoe sole was beginning to detach as well. Disappointing from such a (normally) quality, reliable shoe.
review image
21 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 10, 2014
Beeswax.

I am a 21yo 5'8 male who normally wears US 9's on vans, chucks, running shoes, nike sneakers.

CON: My military boot sizes were always US 8.5 so i ordered an 8.5 bushacre. Wasn't "too" loose, but it bothered me because i had to tie the laces so tight in order for my heels to not feel like they are sliding up. I could fit my fingers inside my shoe between my heel and the heel of the shoe.

Returned it (free) online on amazon via UPS ground, amazon gave me a label print out to stick on the box. I am currently awaiting full refund tomorrow 11 Nov.

PRO: I ordered a US 8. Just received it 1 hour ago. It is now in the picture provided. They fit just like my 8.5 military boots, but a little snug on the left/right side of my feet. Length wise, i can still move my toes, and i dont have to tie it as tight.
Somehow, the 8.5 I got looked more "used" and light colored. The one i got today is darker, newer looking, and was totally newly packaged. Definitely looked like in better condition than the 8.5 i returned. HOW WEIRD?

ANYWAYS I f***in LOVE THEM. They are very snug but i know something i can break into. I am gonna wear jeans more often now. They also dont look too bad with skinny pants/khaki's.

Might actually buy one for my dad on christmas.

I'll follow up in 1-2 years to see how these boots hold up. Theyre gonna be worn ERRWHERE
review image
162 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on December 21, 2017
2 1/2 stars is probably a more adequate rating, but Amazon doesn't give me that choice. These started out decent, but they have quickly worn in and look like I've owned for 5 years already. The leather broke in really fast, but it also began abrading very rapidly. Scuffs show up fast and are nearly impossible to get rid of. The creases happened rapidly and the shoe just looks tired and worn after a couple of months wear. The sole has held up VERY well however. The sole will surely outlast the upper on these shoes. The shoelaces are perhaps the cheapest, lowest quality laces i've ever had. They are flimsy, don't stay tied, and aren't nearly substantial enough for the type of shoe this is marketed as.

COMFORT IS LACKING! I don't understand how so many people think these shoes are the mark of comfort?!!? The main reason I purchased them is because i've often heard that they are the most comfortable shoes out there. Wow, maybe my feet aren't built right? I don't know....but what I DO know is:
#1: The insoles that come with these shoes are a joke...matter of fact...there ARE NO INSOLES. It's just the footbed with a thin piece of suede or something in the heal region. There is literally NO softness. AT ALL.
#2: You MUST put in an insole pad if you want any sort of cushioning and marginal comfort. BUT, when you put in an insole, the fit immediately is compromised. The shoe becomes way too tight in the forefoot area, and there still isn't sufficient heel cushioning. It's much better than how they ship though....
#3: Don't buy these at full price.. You will be sorry and immediately regret it.

Wish I had sent them back when I had a chance. Wish I hadn't decided to break them in and see if they got better.
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on October 1, 2017
The perfect boot that will go with just about anything. Chose these over the Desert Boot with the crepe sole, despite some reviews that talked down on the quality of the threading, laces and adherence to the sole (I think some guys maybe received factory defective versions).

I couldn’t believe I found these for $47 here on Amazon, and outside of some initial skepticism - anytime you find a brand like Clarks run a boot at this price, you think it’s for a reason that maybe isn’t so great - I figured I’d give these a go. Thought if the soles did end up having issues, I could always run them to a cobbler to have them fixed. This style of chukka is legendary; iconic - you know it. Everyone from James Dean to Steve McQueen has rocked this style and made them what they are. The Bushacre 2 is beautiful boot that you can wear with jeans, chinos, a henley, tee, button up, denim jacket, heck - even a suit in the right setting. I’ve worn them a few times already and the beeswax leather (yes, leather, don’t let other reviews fool you) has a beautiful patina on the toe box. Part of the allure of these is that they will look better over time, as they wear.

I popped them out of the box and bent them myself immediately, back and forth, to break them in some. Haven’t put any oil or protectant just yet, but probably will soon enough in order to make sure they last. I haven’t worn the crepe sole DB, but have found these pretty dang comfortable thus far. Also like the fact these won’t absorb dirt like the crepe sole will. I’m also sure you could put an insole in these for additional comfort and support, if you feel so inclined.

The laces: I’m thinking the guys complaining about laces might be pulling a bit hard, they seem fine to me - then again, I’ve had them for just a week. :)

Note: Buy a whole size down, as these do run a bit large.

Overall, an awesome quality alternative to the Desert Boot, at a ridiculous price. Glad I pulled the trigger.

Will check back to let you all know how it goes in the coming months.
5 people found this helpful
on April 6, 2018
Bought a pair of these Chukkas (in black suede) in September of 2017...Wasn't really expecting much, especially for the price I paid back then, but thought they were worth a shot...When they arrived, my hopes lifted a bit simply from seeing a flawless Clarks box..If you have purchased enough items from Amazon, you probably know what I mean...After making sure the correct size was sent, I lifted the lid of the box and saw both shoes wrapped carefully...Very unusual...

Finally I got to the shoes themselves and was somewhat confused, seeing that each shoe appeared to be flawless...The suede was spotless, there were no scratches or blemishes of any kind...I carefully examined the cuts and stitching, and thought I saw flaws until I looked at the corresponding areas on the other shoe and saw the same thing...I was simply seeing the design, not flaws...

(One of the pictures below will illustrate this)

After reading several reviews mentioning that these shoes ran large, I ordered a pair one half size down...My size 12 D feet fit perfectly into 11.5 D...

It took 2 days to break them in...By the end of day one they hurt like hell...By the end of the second day they were pretty comfortable...

I liked them enough that I bought a second pair less than a month later...I would have bought sooner but the price went way up...Fortunately, knowing how much prices fluctuate on Amazon, I bought them for less than the first pair...The first pair wasn't a fluke, as they were the same quality and condition as the first pair...

These shoes are pretty sharp looking, and since I'm not rich, they are what I wear for formal events (as well as everyday occasions)...It also helps to know that I have a backup pair tucked away just in case...

To protect the suede, I used "Moneysworth & Best" spray, available on Amazon...But it doesn't really matter what brand of Suede/Nubuck protector you use...They're all pretty much the same...

To fix possible issues with the suede I bought a fairly cheap nubuck and suede kit from Kiwi, which you can find here on Amazon...It works quite well...

The only thing that wasn't right with these shoes was the laces...They looked and felt wrong compared to the shoe...The part most annoying though was the length of 36 inches...36 would be great for winter hiking boots, but on these they looked ridiculous, practically touching the ground...To solve the problem I dropped down to a 24 inch round waxed lace (Ortho Step waxed lace very thin) which you can also find on Amazon...

(A picture below shows them)

Anyway, these shoes are a winner in my book...Hope I've helped you in your decision !!!

RECOMMENDED

Good luck !!!
3 people found this helpful
on November 20, 2013
ATTENTION MEN: I have done all the work for you.

I know what you're looking for.

You are looking for a boot that looks manly, both rugged and refined. You want to wear it to the office with khakis, and you also want to wear it with your jeans to chop wood in. You definitely don't want to worry about it in the snow, and you need it to keep your feet dry. Men don't like wet feet.

You're not a cowboy in Montana so you can't buy cowboy boots without being a dork, and they can't be too heavy because you need to outrun wild animals if necessary. It can't be too tall or too low because you need it to be versatile for in-and-out-of-office use, and it absolutely has to have a low profile with clean, simple lines and stitching, because that's what gentlemen wear. And of course it can't have too tall of a heel because women wear high heels. Men just have heels on our boots and we don't talk about them.

Also, because men like leathery things, you need them to be leather, and not shiny or too clean looking...but a sweet looking, aged, broken-in, badass man leather. Suede can be appropriate in certain occasions, but you want real deal leather. After years of searching, I have found the perfect leather man boot.

The dark brown leather chukka Clarks Bushacre 2 Boot is the same shoe as the Desert Boot, but has a much more durable synthetic sole. It's not as springy as the Desert Boot, so some might say they're not as comfortable. I disagree and literally wear these every day. I've had the Clarks Desert Trek before (not the Desert Boot, but with the same crepe sole) and sure they were comfortable. However - the soles started to wear down pretty quickly, and they literally melted - MELTED - to the seat of my car on a hot day. That's not happening with these babies. The Bushacre is durable as crap and I love them.

I sprayed my dark brown version of the boot with a waterproofing agent from Target that makes these repel water beautifully, and the spray made the boots look darker, more aged and like I've had them for a long time. I also put mink oil on them ever 3 months or so. I've had them nearly 12 months but they were wonderfully broken-in like a glove after a few weeks of regular wear. The boot has only has 4 total eyelets so this helps with comfort, as does the nicely placed reinforcement in the heel which guides the break-in process.

One thing to note regarding size - these guys run big. For example: I wear a 9.5 in Nike for workout shoes. I ordered an 8 in these and they were a bit snug, but have broken in beautifully.

I'm about to say something that maybe I shouldn't because it might be premature to make predictions for 30 years down the road. I will be wearing these boots 30 years from now. They probably won't be the ones on my feet at the moment and I'll probably be on my 3rd or 4th pair then. But they'll be the Bushacre.

I like to wear things until they wear out, and if I find something good and quality I like to make the original last as long as humanly possible. Therefore, I'll continue to wear these every day, I'll get them resoled every so often, and plan on them lasting 10 years. Then I'll buy another pair.

Clarks, please never stop making these boots. If you do I'll have to swim to England and protest at your front gates. Then I'll have to buy 4 more pairs so I can have them for the rest of my life. Thank you for making a rugged yet refined boot that looks good in any occasion, and one that kicks every other boot to the curb with its durability, agility and versatility.

Dudes. Quit researching and buy the best man boot out there for the price. And don't forget to take the cowboy boots off your Amazon Wish List.

P.S. These have very poor traction on snow/ice...I fell last winter cartoon-style with my feet above my head. My shoulder and ego both suffered minor bruises.
review imagereview image
906 people found this helpful
|2121 comments|Report abuse
on November 29, 2016
I'm reviewing this 3 years after I've bought these shoes, and I still wear these. The quality is amazing. I wear these almost daily, with not too intensive walking. I work in a lab, so there is a lot of sitting or standing around. There's definitely wear and tear with the aesthetics, but that is expected after such a long time. It's also one of the things about the look I like the most. In regards to the integrity of the boot, it doesn't feel or look like it's in danger of falling apart. The sole is still intact and not worn away, which is the most surprising thing. Haven't tried the original Bushacres, but I've read/heard the sole is more comfortable. These have never given my a problem. I'll be wearing these until they fall apart. At which point, I'll be buying the same ones again.
6 people found this helpful
on November 21, 2017
These are a great chukka boot at a very good price! I have a hard time ordering Clarks - for some reason their sizing seems to be off. I wear a 11 4E dress shoe, and if I can't get an extra wide shoe, I typically go up to 12 or 12.5. Clarks tend to run a bit wider than your typical shoe so I first ordered a 11.5 D width (these don't come in width widths). The 11.5 was too tight in the toe box (width was actually fine). When I finally got the 12 D it fit like a glove!

The color is great. These do take some time to break in. I first wore them, and developed a blister on my heel, so I got some inexpensive no-slip heel pads and that solved the problem until I could wear them enough to break in. Once I wore them 5-6 times all day, they finally broke in and are very comfortable now.

Update: I had to change my review - I’ve been wearing these for about 5 months and they really haven’t gotten much better. They’re fine for a couple of hours but as an all day shoe to wear if you have a lot of walking to do, they hurt after a while and just haven’t broken in like I’d hoped.
2 people found this helpful
on October 8, 2017
A decent all around shoe. Goes well with jeans for a classy rugged look. A good value at $60 and worth reordering, but not a solid 4 Star product.

I’ve worn these every day for the past year. The shoes lasted 50 weeks before the left sole quit on me. The shoes pictured were Made in China in June of 2015. I reordered and the new ones were Made in India in June of 2017. It’ll be interesting to see how these compare over time. The laces on the Indian shoes feel cheaper and lighter than the Chinese laces. Otherwise, the shoes are not much different in initial quality.

A number of people have pointed out in other reviews that the sole splits from the leather. Same thing happened to me, as shown in photo #5. However, it took a couple of months. The glue fails but the stitching remains strong. Wasn’t a huge problem for me.

My Clarks Wallabees lasted twice as long as the Bushacre 2s and they are the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned, but the crepe rubber sole picks up so much debris that you have to be mindful of where you walk with them. If you are split between the two, get both!
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.