Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 3,162 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on February 26, 2015
I wanted to like these boots. I really did. I have been looking for boots like these for awhile and I just couldn't get super excited about what was offered. Then I saw these. I thought "Those are the ones! They have many different colors, the leather looks super good, the price is competitive, the reviews are stellar!!"

My first pair were a half size too large. It seemed a lot of people had that. No problem, I used Amazon's free returns to exchange for a half size smaller. As an aside, if you are worried about the return policy on items like this, don't! Amazon is excellent at exchanges and returns. Anyway the boots themselves looked great, leather was same color as I ordered from amazon, seemed comfy for the half day I wore them albeit large and prone to slip off my heel.

So I got my next size, and i was really digging the boots. "Yeah, i found the best pair for the money!" I thought to myself. I took them to work the next day, and around 11:00 i noticed the sole was separating. "What the heck!" I looked at amazon and saw reviews stating this was happening to them also. Then I looked around online and noticed many people saying the same thing, talking about Clarks' quality decline. Granted it seems like you can find that for any shoe manufacturer these days so take that with a grain of salt. Regardless I wasn't happy. But I wanted to like these boots SOOOOO much. They looked stunning with a nice pair of dark denim, or khakis. So i decided to exchange them and try one more pair.

So my third pair comes in the mail. I took one shoe out of the box. I didn't even put it on. I simulated walking in them. I bent the toe ONE time. Not a heavy bend that would make it touch the laces. No, just a normal bend you would occur when walking. The sole separated. I heard the glue let go. These shoes hadn't even been put on! I ended up returning them for a refund. I have to hand it to Amazon, they really know how to do customer service. I haven't paid for any of the three return shipping or subsequent shipping to send them to me. And me having Amazon Prime, they sent all three with two day shipping!

Clarks, if you're reading this, you might want to do some QC before you let your shoes leave the factory...
review image review image review image
1313 comments| 289 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2014
Beeswax.

I am a 21yo 5'8 male who normally wears US 9's on vans, chucks, running shoes, nike sneakers.

CON: My military boot sizes were always US 8.5 so i ordered an 8.5 bushacre. Wasn't "too" loose, but it bothered me because i had to tie the laces so tight in order for my heels to not feel like they are sliding up. I could fit my fingers inside my shoe between my heel and the heel of the shoe.

Returned it (free) online on amazon via UPS ground, amazon gave me a label print out to stick on the box. I am currently awaiting full refund tomorrow 11 Nov.

PRO: I ordered a US 8. Just received it 1 hour ago. It is now in the picture provided. They fit just like my 8.5 military boots, but a little snug on the left/right side of my feet. Length wise, i can still move my toes, and i dont have to tie it as tight.
Somehow, the 8.5 I got looked more "used" and light colored. The one i got today is darker, newer looking, and was totally newly packaged. Definitely looked like in better condition than the 8.5 i returned. HOW WEIRD?

ANYWAYS I f***in LOVE THEM. They are very snug but i know something i can break into. I am gonna wear jeans more often now. They also dont look too bad with skinny pants/khaki's.

Might actually buy one for my dad on christmas.

I'll follow up in 1-2 years to see how these boots hold up. Theyre gonna be worn ERRWHERE
review image
44 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2014
I wore them twice and they have tore
review image review image
22 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The only difference between this and the standard Clark's Desert boot is the slight difference in the choice of colors and the fact that this has a synthetic sole (and a very durable one) rather than the natural crepe sole. I sprayed waterproofing silicone on it before the winter (the dirtiest, messiest NYC winter in my 50-year memory), and this did not change the color at all, but at the end of the winter the boots were completely unscathed by the snow and ice the city failed to clear (little kids were trying to help the city's snow-plows!). No slipping or sliding, no water ever touched my socks, my feet were warmer than one would expect, and they cleaned off easily. The laces started giving out after all that heavy use, but for $2 they're easily replaced.
The other on-line shoe place has all the models, and I have 2 of those other Clark's Desert Boots as well.
If it's a Clark's Desert Boot, I'd say you can't go wrong.
88 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2015
like the photo
on December 11, 2014
Recently purchased these boots and enjoyed them for the first few days. Had the boots for a little over a week and the stitching is already becoming detached from the sole. Really expected better durability and quality from a name like Clarks.
on January 14, 2015
After just a month of wear (in an office, nothing rough) I started to feel air in the soles. I looked down and discovered the sole was starting to fall off at the seams, for lack of a better description (see pics). And it was not isolated; happened all around both shoes.

Fantastic shoe that I would have given 5 stars, but this quality is unacceptable. I ordered a replacement with the hope that my pair was just a one-off. Will update.
on October 2, 2013
The Bushacre 2 is a great quality piece of footwear. The Beeswax color on the bushacre is lighter than the Desert boot, just to be warned. I would recommend sizing down a 1/2 size. For reference, I wear a 7.5 in Sperry's sockless, and a 7 sockless/crew sock in the Bushacre 2. At the price point Amazon is offering, believe it's worth it.
on January 5, 2015
Quality has serious flaws

1.Shoe adhesive uneven, even off phenomenon
2.Leather surface is damaged, revealing the underlying leather
on April 1, 2016
I would NOT recommend this boot. I do not often post reviews online but I had to in this case. After a month of wearing this boot, the sole came unglued from the bottom of the shoe. And make no mistake: this shoe is definitely NOT waterproof, even a little bit. Water soaks through the leather and seam. I had expected more from Clarks.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.