Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on February 26, 2015
I wanted to like these boots. I really did. I have been looking for boots like these for awhile and I just couldn't get super excited about what was offered. Then I saw these. I thought "Those are the ones! They have many different colors, the leather looks super good, the price is competitive, the reviews are stellar!!"

My first pair were a half size too large. It seemed a lot of people had that. No problem, I used Amazon's free returns to exchange for a half size smaller. As an aside, if you are worried about the return policy on items like this, don't! Amazon is excellent at exchanges and returns. Anyway the boots themselves looked great, leather was same color as I ordered from amazon, seemed comfy for the half day I wore them albeit large and prone to slip off my heel.

So I got my next size, and i was really digging the boots. "Yeah, i found the best pair for the money!" I thought to myself. I took them to work the next day, and around 11:00 i noticed the sole was separating. "What the heck!" I looked at amazon and saw reviews stating this was happening to them also. Then I looked around online and noticed many people saying the same thing, talking about Clarks' quality decline. Granted it seems like you can find that for any shoe manufacturer these days so take that with a grain of salt. Regardless I wasn't happy. But I wanted to like these boots SOOOOO much. They looked stunning with a nice pair of dark denim, or khakis. So i decided to exchange them and try one more pair.

So my third pair comes in the mail. I took one shoe out of the box. I didn't even put it on. I simulated walking in them. I bent the toe ONE time. Not a heavy bend that would make it touch the laces. No, just a normal bend you would occur when walking. The sole separated. I heard the glue let go. These shoes hadn't even been put on! I ended up returning them for a refund. I have to hand it to Amazon, they really know how to do customer service. I haven't paid for any of the three return shipping or subsequent shipping to send them to me. And me having Amazon Prime, they sent all three with two day shipping!

Clarks, if you're reading this, you might want to do some QC before you let your shoes leave the factory...
review imagereview imagereview image
1717 comments| 624 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 20, 2013
ATTENTION MEN: I have done all the work for you.

I know what you're looking for.

You are looking for a boot that looks manly, both rugged and refined. You want to wear it to the office with khakis, and you also want to wear it with your jeans to chop wood in. You definitely don't want to worry about it in the snow, and you need it to keep your feet dry. Men don't like wet feet.

You're not a cowboy in Montana so you can't buy cowboy boots without being a dork, and they can't be too heavy because you need to outrun wild animals if necessary. It can't be too tall or too low because you need it to be versatile for in-and-out-of-office use, and it absolutely has to have a low profile with clean, simple lines and stitching, because that's what gentlemen wear. And of course it can't have too tall of a heel because women wear high heels. Men just have heels on our boots and we don't talk about them.

Also, because men like leathery things, you need them to be leather, and not shiny or too clean looking...but a sweet looking, aged, broken-in, badass man leather. Suede can be appropriate in certain occasions, but you want real deal leather. After years of searching, I have found the perfect leather man boot.

The dark brown leather chukka Clarks Bushacre 2 Boot is the same shoe as the Desert Boot, but has a much more durable synthetic sole. It's not as springy as the Desert Boot, so some might say they're not as comfortable. I disagree and literally wear these every day. I've had the Clarks Desert Trek before (not the Desert Boot, but with the same crepe sole) and sure they were comfortable. However - the soles started to wear down pretty quickly, and they literally melted - MELTED - to the seat of my car on a hot day. That's not happening with these babies. The Bushacre is durable as crap and I love them.

I sprayed my dark brown version of the boot with a waterproofing agent from Target that makes these repel water beautifully, and the spray made the boots look darker, more aged and like I've had them for a long time. I also put mink oil on them ever 3 months or so. I've had them nearly 12 months but they were wonderfully broken-in like a glove after a few weeks of regular wear. The boot has only has 4 total eyelets so this helps with comfort, as does the nicely placed reinforcement in the heel which guides the break-in process.

One thing to note regarding size - these guys run big. For example: I wear a 9.5 in Nike for workout shoes. I ordered an 8 in these and they were a bit snug, but have broken in beautifully.

I'm about to say something that maybe I shouldn't because it might be premature to make predictions for 30 years down the road. I will be wearing these boots 30 years from now. They probably won't be the ones on my feet at the moment and I'll probably be on my 3rd or 4th pair then. But they'll be the Bushacre.

I like to wear things until they wear out, and if I find something good and quality I like to make the original last as long as humanly possible. Therefore, I'll continue to wear these every day, I'll get them resoled every so often, and plan on them lasting 10 years. Then I'll buy another pair.

Clarks, please never stop making these boots. If you do I'll have to swim to England and protest at your front gates. Then I'll have to buy 4 more pairs so I can have them for the rest of my life. Thank you for making a rugged yet refined boot that looks good in any occasion, and one that kicks every other boot to the curb with its durability, agility and versatility.

Dudes. Quit researching and buy the best man boot out there for the price. And don't forget to take the cowboy boots off your Amazon Wish List.

P.S. These have very poor traction on snow/ice...I fell last winter cartoon-style with my feet above my head. My shoulder and ego both suffered minor bruises.
review imagereview image
2121 comments| 888 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2018
This is my second pair of Clark's Bushacre 2s in the past 10 years. The first pair lasted for a long time, but the leather around the sole eventually wore off. It would not have mattered at all, except that water eventually leaked into the boot. I purchased these again knowing that I would get good quality, classic boot. And Amazon has the best price, by far. (Even better than Clarks outlets.)

Pros: These boots can be worn with anything and I find them to be quite versatile. I wear these with jeans or khakis, dressed up or dressed down. I'm always surprised at how many compliments I get with these boots.

Cons: These boot do run a little large. I typically wear a size 11.5 or 12 in athletic shoes, but find that a size 11 in these shoes fit best. The only thing that I wish I could change would be the general comfort of these boots. Thankfully, a shoe insert can be easily placed and makes these the best bang for your buck casual boots.

I will not hesitate to purchase another pair of Clarks Bushacre 2 boot when these wear out.
on November 21, 2017
These are a great chukka boot at a very good price! I have a hard time ordering Clarks - for some reason their sizing seems to be off. I wear a 11 4E dress shoe, and if I can't get an extra wide shoe, I typically go up to 12 or 12.5. Clarks tend to run a bit wider than your typical shoe so I first ordered a 11.5 D width (these don't come in width widths). The 11.5 was too tight in the toe box (width was actually fine). When I finally got the 12 D it fit like a glove!

The color is great. These do take some time to break in. I first wore them, and developed a blister on my heel, so I got some inexpensive no-slip heel pads and that solved the problem until I could wear them enough to break in. Once I wore them 5-6 times all day, they finally broke in and are very comfortable now.
on November 10, 2014
Beeswax.

I am a 21yo 5'8 male who normally wears US 9's on vans, chucks, running shoes, nike sneakers.

CON: My military boot sizes were always US 8.5 so i ordered an 8.5 bushacre. Wasn't "too" loose, but it bothered me because i had to tie the laces so tight in order for my heels to not feel like they are sliding up. I could fit my fingers inside my shoe between my heel and the heel of the shoe.

Returned it (free) online on amazon via UPS ground, amazon gave me a label print out to stick on the box. I am currently awaiting full refund tomorrow 11 Nov.

PRO: I ordered a US 8. Just received it 1 hour ago. It is now in the picture provided. They fit just like my 8.5 military boots, but a little snug on the left/right side of my feet. Length wise, i can still move my toes, and i dont have to tie it as tight.
Somehow, the 8.5 I got looked more "used" and light colored. The one i got today is darker, newer looking, and was totally newly packaged. Definitely looked like in better condition than the 8.5 i returned. HOW WEIRD?

ANYWAYS I f***in LOVE THEM. They are very snug but i know something i can break into. I am gonna wear jeans more often now. They also dont look too bad with skinny pants/khaki's.

Might actually buy one for my dad on christmas.

I'll follow up in 1-2 years to see how these boots hold up. Theyre gonna be worn ERRWHERE
review image
44 comments| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 11, 2017
I love Clarks shoes and boots, and these are no exception.
The only issue I have with them is the opening and the sole (see below) - could do with a little more padding as, after several hours of wear, it can cut a little.
Would also advise using a leather conditioner on these to keep them in good condition.
The down side - almost no grip on the sole of the shoe and, the sole seems 'thin'. After a few months of wear, I can already feel the 'grid' in the heel getting ready to come through.
But overall, these complaints are minor and the boot is great looking and comfortable.
on December 6, 2017
These are a bit narrow in the toe area. I don't wear wides in any shoes, and haven't had that problem before (except with Asics running shoes), but with these I do. It's not enough to be a deal breaker, but something to be aware of. I got the Beeswax version, and they are significantly darker than the photos. I had originally gotten the Dark Brown, returned them because they were too dark, and got Beeswax, but they look exactly the same. These were very stiff when I first got them but have broken in nicely, and quickly. They seem very well made, will update if that changes.
on November 25, 2017
So, ordering boots or shoes online can be a bit tricky. All the reviews I read on these pretty much said order a half size or so bigger than what you wear. Well, I wear Vans skate shoes on a normal basis, so I don't have a standard set of shoes or prior boots to reference. I decided on ordering a half-size above of my Vans, and as it turns out, that was the better decision.

With boots, there's a wear-in period. These babies come quite stiff, and will take your feet some adjusting to. The way these are made is that the seam directly below the bottom lace loop holds in the tongue, so if you've got wedge-feet from the bottom to the top, then I'd definitely recommend ordering at least a half, or one size above your normal wear. This seam is not forgiving until you wear the shoe for quite a while. You'll have a sore top of your foot if you order too small due to it. So, in short, wear them to the store, to get the mail, everywhere -- you'll need to break them in, and once they're broke in, they're formed to your feet so there's no going back.

Anyways -- these boots resemble early-era boots from the 1900s - 1930s, which is the main reason I love them.
on March 14, 2017
Such a great boot. I usually wear an 8.5 - 9 in sneakers. An 8 M fits well. The foot opening seems unusually wide and loose, but after walking around I got used to it. Breaking it in for a day or two was really painful, but it's very comfortable now, although the sole under the toe feels a little thin. I could probably add an insole and it'd be perfect.

It's true. Not great for wet or winter. If it's more than misting outside, you'll probably have wet socks. I would not even bother with any snow or ice.
on September 25, 2017
Excellent feel and construction of this shoe. It is casual yet dressy enough to wear with nice slacks and very comfortable considering they have a little extra room up front. Overall they fit well size 13 and if you have a wide foot I would imagine these to fit really well but the size 13 fits me just fine. I wear 13 in 3 different well known name brands so these are right on par! Nice material and what an outstanding price for a good shoe.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.