Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 26, 2015
I wanted to like these boots. I really did. I have been looking for boots like these for awhile and I just couldn't get super excited about what was offered. Then I saw these. I thought "Those are the ones! They have many different colors, the leather looks super good, the price is competitive, the reviews are stellar!!"

My first pair were a half size too large. It seemed a lot of people had that. No problem, I used Amazon's free returns to exchange for a half size smaller. As an aside, if you are worried about the return policy on items like this, don't! Amazon is excellent at exchanges and returns. Anyway the boots themselves looked great, leather was same color as I ordered from amazon, seemed comfy for the half day I wore them albeit large and prone to slip off my heel.

So I got my next size, and i was really digging the boots. "Yeah, i found the best pair for the money!" I thought to myself. I took them to work the next day, and around 11:00 i noticed the sole was separating. "What the heck!" I looked at amazon and saw reviews stating this was happening to them also. Then I looked around online and noticed many people saying the same thing, talking about Clarks' quality decline. Granted it seems like you can find that for any shoe manufacturer these days so take that with a grain of salt. Regardless I wasn't happy. But I wanted to like these boots SOOOOO much. They looked stunning with a nice pair of dark denim, or khakis. So i decided to exchange them and try one more pair.

So my third pair comes in the mail. I took one shoe out of the box. I didn't even put it on. I simulated walking in them. I bent the toe ONE time. Not a heavy bend that would make it touch the laces. No, just a normal bend you would occur when walking. The sole separated. I heard the glue let go. These shoes hadn't even been put on! I ended up returning them for a refund. I have to hand it to Amazon, they really know how to do customer service. I haven't paid for any of the three return shipping or subsequent shipping to send them to me. And me having Amazon Prime, they sent all three with two day shipping!

Clarks, if you're reading this, you might want to do some QC before you let your shoes leave the factory...
review image review image review image
1616 comments| 549 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
ATTENTION MEN: I have done all the work for you.

I know what you're looking for.

You are looking for a boot that looks manly, both rugged and refined. You want to wear it to the office with khakis, and you also want to wear it with your jeans to chop wood in. You definitely don't want to worry about it in the snow, and you need it to keep your feet dry. Men don't like wet feet.

You're not a cowboy in Montana so you can't buy cowboy boots without being a dork, and they can't be too heavy because you need to outrun wild animals if necessary. It can't be too tall or too low because you need it to be versatile for in-and-out-of-office use, and it absolutely has to have a low profile with clean, simple lines and stitching, because that's what gentlemen wear. And of course it can't have too tall of a heel because women wear high heels. Men just have heels on our boots and we don't talk about them.

Also, because men like leathery things, you need them to be leather, and not shiny or too clean looking...but a sweet looking, aged, broken-in, badass man leather. Suede can be appropriate in certain occasions, but you want real deal leather. After years of searching, I have found the perfect leather man boot.

The dark brown leather chukka Clarks Bushacre 2 Boot is the same shoe as the Desert Boot, but has a much more durable synthetic sole. It's not as springy as the Desert Boot, so some might say they're not as comfortable. I disagree and literally wear these every day. I've had the Clarks Desert Trek before (not the Desert Boot, but with the same crepe sole) and sure they were comfortable. However - the soles started to wear down pretty quickly, and they literally melted - MELTED - to the seat of my car on a hot day. That's not happening with these babies. The Bushacre is durable as crap and I love them.

I sprayed my dark brown version of the boot with a waterproofing agent from Target that makes these repel water beautifully, and the spray made the boots look darker, more aged and like I've had them for a long time. I also put mink oil on them ever 3 months or so. I've had them nearly 12 months but they were wonderfully broken-in like a glove after a few weeks of regular wear. The boot has only has 4 total eyelets so this helps with comfort, as does the nicely placed reinforcement in the heel which guides the break-in process.

One thing to note regarding size - these guys run big. For example: I wear a 9.5 in Nike for workout shoes. I ordered an 8 in these and they were a bit snug, but have broken in beautifully.

I'm about to say something that maybe I shouldn't because it might be premature to make predictions for 30 years down the road. I will be wearing these boots 30 years from now. They probably won't be the ones on my feet at the moment and I'll probably be on my 3rd or 4th pair then. But they'll be the Bushacre.

I like to wear things until they wear out, and if I find something good and quality I like to make the original last as long as humanly possible. Therefore, I'll continue to wear these every day, I'll get them resoled every so often, and plan on them lasting 10 years. Then I'll buy another pair.

Clarks, please never stop making these boots. If you do I'll have to swim to England and protest at your front gates. Then I'll have to buy 4 more pairs so I can have them for the rest of my life. Thank you for making a rugged yet refined boot that looks good in any occasion, and one that kicks every other boot to the curb with its durability, agility and versatility.

Dudes. Quit researching and buy the best man boot out there for the price. And don't forget to take the cowboy boots off your Amazon Wish List.

P.S. These have very poor traction on snow/ice...I fell last winter cartoon-style with my feet above my head. My shoulder and ego both suffered minor bruises.
review image review image
2121 comments| 816 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2014
Beeswax.

I am a 21yo 5'8 male who normally wears US 9's on vans, chucks, running shoes, nike sneakers.

CON: My military boot sizes were always US 8.5 so i ordered an 8.5 bushacre. Wasn't "too" loose, but it bothered me because i had to tie the laces so tight in order for my heels to not feel like they are sliding up. I could fit my fingers inside my shoe between my heel and the heel of the shoe.

Returned it (free) online on amazon via UPS ground, amazon gave me a label print out to stick on the box. I am currently awaiting full refund tomorrow 11 Nov.

PRO: I ordered a US 8. Just received it 1 hour ago. It is now in the picture provided. They fit just like my 8.5 military boots, but a little snug on the left/right side of my feet. Length wise, i can still move my toes, and i dont have to tie it as tight.
Somehow, the 8.5 I got looked more "used" and light colored. The one i got today is darker, newer looking, and was totally newly packaged. Definitely looked like in better condition than the 8.5 i returned. HOW WEIRD?

ANYWAYS I f***in LOVE THEM. They are very snug but i know something i can break into. I am gonna wear jeans more often now. They also dont look too bad with skinny pants/khaki's.

Might actually buy one for my dad on christmas.

I'll follow up in 1-2 years to see how these boots hold up. Theyre gonna be worn ERRWHERE
review image
44 comments| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2017
I have the original Clark’s desert boot in tan and wanted the beeswax color as well. I love the ones I have, but didn’t want to spend that much money again. So, I am giving these a try.

The cut and look is nearly identical to the original. The differences are the leather on the Bushacre is much stiffer and so is the sole. These will definitely take some breaking in where the original desert boot leather is soft from day one. The stiffness of the sole is also a bit off putting. I love the super soft gummy sole of the original. I find that sole long lasting and comfortable. I will keep these as I paid around 1/3 the cost of the originals I have and hope they will break in well.

People who can’t tell these from the original just aren’t boot guys. If they were, they could spot the difference instantly. Less premium leather, less premium sole, for a sub-premium price.
on October 5, 2017
For some reason I haven't bought a pair of Clarks in a decade or so, but I'm glad I got these.

First, the sole. It is both cushioney and extremely hard-wearing. (I've been known to round off a sole in a few weeks.) The stitching appears to have been done well, certainly for a shoe I paid less than $50 for. The leather feels soft but doesn't seem overly susceptible to scratches or scrapes. After wearing them for a few weeks I treated them with Nikwax nubuck protector, which darkened them somewhat and reduced the tendency of the leather to soak up water and develop stains. For me, the fit is great, with a slightly narrow heel compared to most size 13 shoes.

I'm planning on buying a tan pair next. Excellent shoes that go with almost any outfit short of a full-on suit.
on September 26, 2017
The design or material of the synthetic rubber sole on the Bushacre 2's vs. the Original Desert Boots causes a squeak with every step, every time I walk. I've been wearing these boots at work everyday for months in the hopes of wearing the squeak out but it seems permanent at this point. These are the worst boots I've ever owned. Stick with the Original Desert Boot. The more durable synthetic sole on these is nice but nothing is worth this squeak. I'd give these a negative rating if I could. Money wasted.Found numerous forums of Bushacre 2 owners having the same problems.
on September 14, 2017
I normally wear a 10.5, so I bought a 10. These are still large so I could have opted for a 9.5 -- a full size down.

I found the leather relatively thin, which is fine for 3 seasons but not enough insulation for winter here in Canada. (Probably better for warmer climates).

These are my first desert boots. I generally like the style, between formal shoes such as oxfords and less formal such as running shoes and Vans.

I don't find them very comfortable -- OK I guess, but not as comfortable as my mocassins, running shoes, Vans, deck shoes or even my hiking boots. I think the lack of padding on the bottom is the main issue. A pair of insoles would probably help, but why pay for that when insoles aren't required for the others?
on May 29, 2015
I was looking forward to these ever since I ordered them a week ago, and when they arrived, I was pleased. I took them out of the package and found a piece of plastic was wrapping them, so I unwrapped, saw another piece, tried to let it fall, and found there was a piece of what I thought was tape holding the errant piece of plastic there to the shoe, so I gently pulled at the tape and some coloring came off of the shoe. Just like that. On the one hand, it's a shoe, it's gonna get scuffed as time goes by, but on the other hand, it's a brand new shoe and I should be the one to put scuff marks on it, not someone else with a label (yes, it wasn't tape, it was in fact a label that says "Fabrique En Chine". I looked around for a quick link to let the seller know, but couldn't find one easily, so I'm not gonna bother. I'm gonna write a review and tell my friends what a crummy job was done packing these shoes, and I think I'm gonna blame Clark's on this one, because the other shoe has that label on the sole. For the price, the comfort level ain't great, there isn't any arch support, the new label-etched right triangle floating around my right foot blade will always be something I notice. I immediately regretted spending money on these.
review image
on October 8, 2017
A decent all around shoe. Goes well with jeans for a classy rugged look. A good value at $60 and worth reordering, but not a solid 4 Star product.

I’ve worn these every day for the past year. The shoes lasted 50 weeks before the left sole quit on me. The shoes pictured were Made in China in June of 2015. I reordered and the new ones were Made in India in June of 2017. It’ll be interesting to see how these compare over time. The laces on the Indian shoes feel cheaper and lighter than the Chinese laces. Otherwise, the shoes are not much different in initial quality.

A number of people have pointed out in other reviews that the sole splits from the leather. Same thing happened to me, as shown in photo #5. However, it took a couple of months. The glue fails but the stitching remains strong. Wasn’t a huge problem for me.

My Clarks Wallabees lasted twice as long as the Bushacre 2s and they are the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned, but the crepe rubber sole picks up so much debris that you have to be mindful of where you walk with them. If you are split between the two, get both!
on September 15, 2017
First, the fit. I wear a 10medium(or D) in other Clarks shoes and in most other shoes. So I ordered 10M in these shoes and they fit as they should.
They feel good on my foot and walk well. The leather is a basic oil tanned leather and is a fairly heavy weight, and looks good.
They are well made, fit the way they should, look exactly like the picture, and they are my new every day kicks.
An added plus is the four eyelets(two on each side of the tongue). They are easy to tie, no pulling and cinching between each pair of eyelets, just pull the two sides tight, tie your bow and you're done.
I like these boots.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.