Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,903 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,181 reviews
on February 26, 2015
I wanted to like these boots. I really did. I have been looking for boots like these for awhile and I just couldn't get super excited about what was offered. Then I saw these. I thought "Those are the ones! They have many different colors, the leather looks super good, the price is competitive, the reviews are stellar!!"

My first pair were a half size too large. It seemed a lot of people had that. No problem, I used Amazon's free returns to exchange for a half size smaller. As an aside, if you are worried about the return policy on items like this, don't! Amazon is excellent at exchanges and returns. Anyway the boots themselves looked great, leather was same color as I ordered from amazon, seemed comfy for the half day I wore them albeit large and prone to slip off my heel.

So I got my next size, and i was really digging the boots. "Yeah, i found the best pair for the money!" I thought to myself. I took them to work the next day, and around 11:00 i noticed the sole was separating. "What the heck!" I looked at amazon and saw reviews stating this was happening to them also. Then I looked around online and noticed many people saying the same thing, talking about Clarks' quality decline. Granted it seems like you can find that for any shoe manufacturer these days so take that with a grain of salt. Regardless I wasn't happy. But I wanted to like these boots SOOOOO much. They looked stunning with a nice pair of dark denim, or khakis. So i decided to exchange them and try one more pair.

So my third pair comes in the mail. I took one shoe out of the box. I didn't even put it on. I simulated walking in them. I bent the toe ONE time. Not a heavy bend that would make it touch the laces. No, just a normal bend you would occur when walking. The sole separated. I heard the glue let go. These shoes hadn't even been put on! I ended up returning them for a refund. I have to hand it to Amazon, they really know how to do customer service. I haven't paid for any of the three return shipping or subsequent shipping to send them to me. And me having Amazon Prime, they sent all three with two day shipping!

Clarks, if you're reading this, you might want to do some QC before you let your shoes leave the factory...
review image review image review image
1515 comments| 494 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2014
Beeswax.

I am a 21yo 5'8 male who normally wears US 9's on vans, chucks, running shoes, nike sneakers.

CON: My military boot sizes were always US 8.5 so i ordered an 8.5 bushacre. Wasn't "too" loose, but it bothered me because i had to tie the laces so tight in order for my heels to not feel like they are sliding up. I could fit my fingers inside my shoe between my heel and the heel of the shoe.

Returned it (free) online on amazon via UPS ground, amazon gave me a label print out to stick on the box. I am currently awaiting full refund tomorrow 11 Nov.

PRO: I ordered a US 8. Just received it 1 hour ago. It is now in the picture provided. They fit just like my 8.5 military boots, but a little snug on the left/right side of my feet. Length wise, i can still move my toes, and i dont have to tie it as tight.
Somehow, the 8.5 I got looked more "used" and light colored. The one i got today is darker, newer looking, and was totally newly packaged. Definitely looked like in better condition than the 8.5 i returned. HOW WEIRD?

ANYWAYS I f***in LOVE THEM. They are very snug but i know something i can break into. I am gonna wear jeans more often now. They also dont look too bad with skinny pants/khaki's.

Might actually buy one for my dad on christmas.

I'll follow up in 1-2 years to see how these boots hold up. Theyre gonna be worn ERRWHERE
review image
44 comments| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2016
The Bushacre boot looks good at the office, at home and at social events. The Bushacre replaces the soft crepe rubber sole of the Clark Original Desert Boot with a hard, tough synthetic rubber sole.

I have multiple pairs in suede, in nubuck, and the black and brown smooth glossy leather models. Amazon offers about thirty different versions of the Bushacre with a choice of a medium width and a wide width. On a given day, the black suede version might cost half the price of the brown suede version and the smooth glossy leather version might be even cheaper. So, read the entire list of thirty colors and styles to find the best deal of the day.

The Bushacre is made a half size long compared with most non-Clark leather boots. So, if most of your leather shoes and boots are a size 10 1/2, go down to a size 10 with Bushacre boots. If you wear ultra-thick hiking socks, stay with your normal size.

The suede versions loosen up in width with after a few days. The beeswax and smooth glossy leather versions take a week or two longer to loosen up. Bushacre insoles are flat, thin and very firm with zero arch support. After a few weeks, I found that the firmness of the Bushacre boots felt natural, like walking barefooted on the beach.

Suede leather boots don't like rain. I put on three coats of suede water proofing spray before wearing them outdoors. Respray them about once a month. You should put in cedar shoe trees as soon as your boots come off to help them dry out and to keep them from getting deep creases and folds in the upper. And, never wear the same pair of boots two days in a row.

Shoe stores sell suede brushes for keeping suede clean. A pencil eraser does a good job of removing small smudges. The beeswax version and the smooth glossy leather versions should be cleaned by wiping off dirt with a damp cloth, rubbing in a little leather conditioner and polishing them with Meltonian cream. Regular care ensures your boots will provide a year or two of good service.
on October 23, 2016
These looked like great boots at a decent price. I ordered the Beeswax Leather... and was looking forward to these arriving.

Unfortunately, the color of the boots did not match each other! One looked like the correct Beeswax color, the other looked like a tan color. See photos. Didn't anyone even notice this when packing them? Now I have to go through the trouble of returning them, or perhaps making the lighter one match the other with shoe polish. Disappointed and frustrating.
review image review image
on February 9, 2016
These shoes make me feel like Indiana Jones when I put them on. I'm about to buy another pair, not because they're wearing out, but because I love them so much and they are about $10 less than I bought them a year ago. I love how these break in. I wear them all the time, and they are still completely intact. I took a pic and attached it to this review. After a year of pretty heavy use, including 2 Chicago winters (I don't clean or polish them at all, and it shows.... but thats what I like about them!) I am still a happy customer. One thing of note, they are not quite as red as the product image on here. Mine are a bit lighter as well, from scuffing, etc. but if you clean and oil them, I'm sure they will be darker.

I've looked at and tried many chukkas, THESE are the ones to get. Great mix of casual/dress, very versatile, sturdy, and look and wear-in great.
review image review image
on April 3, 2014
These are very stiff and the sole does not flex. I have worn through quite a few pairs of the original desert boots and appreciate them for what they are. I thought I would try these with the alternative sole material. Presumably they will last longer, although I have not found that to be a serious concern about the Desert boots. Unfortunately, I found the soles on the Bushacre do not flex at all. This lack of flex introduces a problem while not solving a significant one in the tradeoff.

The original desert boot has a flexible upper, the suede ones are breathable, and the soles flex well, and there's not too much toe-spring, but the crepe rubber soles are somewhat heavy and the heel pad results in significant drop. I recommend trying the Vivobarefoot Gobi II alongside the desert or bushacre boots. For me, the difference in comfort is stark. I thought the desert boots were comfortable, having come from highly-structured boots, but the Vivo's are even better, especially with the insole removed. They're listed on Amazon as Vivobarefoot Men's 300041 Walking Shoe and ship with Free Returns so there's nothing to lose.
on March 9, 2016
While this particular boot is very comfortable, the quality just isn't there. After 1 week of use, the sole has begun to separate from the rest of the boot at the exact same spot other reviewers have pointed out, picture has been provided. While the shoe itself is very stylish as well as comfortable, I'm very disappointed that it's begun to degrade in such a short period of time.

I read other reviews pointing out this same issue and I did not heed their warning, though I now wish I did. Look at a different company to buy a similar boot from, because this particular boot is not well made at all. It's a shame because I otherwise like this boot very much, but part of the reason I purchased a leather boot to begin with was for durability.
review image
on May 16, 2017
These are pretty sharp-looking boots and work well in a variety of casual and less-casual situations. They do run a bit large, however. Furthermore, the soles wear out after a few months. And by wear out, I mean crack open. I have had multiple pairs do this, and the most recent pair did so as I was walking home in the rain, which meant that not only were my shoes no longer wearable, but one of my socks got wet. I'll keep buying them because they last for a decent amount of time and are a good shoe to have around, but be aware that the soles might split after a few months.
on December 18, 2016
Pros:
-Comfy as all getout
-Look GREAT (I got the dark brown).
-Dressy enough for khakis
-Look awesome with jeans
-Well made (for the price)
-Sole is quality (not showing any unexpected wear after a couple weeks heavy use)

Cons:
-Potentially ½ size too big?
-Leather a tiny bit thin, but still, surprisingly good for price
-Laces are cheap looking, will probably have to replace

These are great boots, I've been wearing them all over the place. They are very comfortable, and seem well made for the price. I really wanted some of the high-end chukkas, but "settled" for these. Yes, they're not the same level of quality as the $300 boots I had my eyes on, but they are very well made by today's cheap shoe and boot standards. As far as the sizing, I used to be a 13 but shoe sizes seem to be creeping up, so I got a 12, and 12 is still a tiny bit large, but not enough to go 11. I think 11 would be too small, and they don't offer half sizes on these. I think they're re-sole-able, so I'll let you know how that goes in a year or so. Also, I like the sole on these. I know there's another classic Clark's chukka with the beeswax sole (they are supposedly more premium and cost more) but I specifically avoided them because a few people I know have had them, claimed they loved them, but that cheap waxy sole wore out fast. Last thing, I'm not actually a hipster, but a mid-thirties business professional. My office is a shirt-and-tie kind of place, so with a good coat of polish these are passable (especially with this wintery weather) with khakis and a dress shirt. In my opinion, they’re a bit too “boot-ish” for nicer slacks with a shirt and tie though. Otherwise they go great with jeans too, overall these will give you tons of wardrobe flexibility.
on February 1, 2016
Well unfortunately I will be returning these boots. I really liked them at first. They fit as expected and at first the were a little stiff. After wearing them for 2-3 days at work (I work in an office) I noticed a popping feeling near the toes of the boots when I walked. At the end of the day there was a slight bubble. When I would walk and twist my foot to turn, like making a pivot, it felt like where the bubble was, the material was moving around almost like the glue or adhesive came apart in that small half dollar size spot and make kind of a weird crunchy noise like I was twisting the material in the sole. Also I wore these boots to the store and the ground was wet from rain earlier. These boots are extremely squeeky, not a big deal but it was funny and a little awkward how loud they were.
It sucks because I really liked these. They were comfortable for the most part and I got compliments on them. Unfortunately If they had this kind of defect after using them for 2-3 days I will not be purchasing these again. Ill probably order the timberland chukkas even though the price is a little higher.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.