Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,840 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,115 reviews
on February 26, 2015
I wanted to like these boots. I really did. I have been looking for boots like these for awhile and I just couldn't get super excited about what was offered. Then I saw these. I thought "Those are the ones! They have many different colors, the leather looks super good, the price is competitive, the reviews are stellar!!"

My first pair were a half size too large. It seemed a lot of people had that. No problem, I used Amazon's free returns to exchange for a half size smaller. As an aside, if you are worried about the return policy on items like this, don't! Amazon is excellent at exchanges and returns. Anyway the boots themselves looked great, leather was same color as I ordered from amazon, seemed comfy for the half day I wore them albeit large and prone to slip off my heel.

So I got my next size, and i was really digging the boots. "Yeah, i found the best pair for the money!" I thought to myself. I took them to work the next day, and around 11:00 i noticed the sole was separating. "What the heck!" I looked at amazon and saw reviews stating this was happening to them also. Then I looked around online and noticed many people saying the same thing, talking about Clarks' quality decline. Granted it seems like you can find that for any shoe manufacturer these days so take that with a grain of salt. Regardless I wasn't happy. But I wanted to like these boots SOOOOO much. They looked stunning with a nice pair of dark denim, or khakis. So i decided to exchange them and try one more pair.

So my third pair comes in the mail. I took one shoe out of the box. I didn't even put it on. I simulated walking in them. I bent the toe ONE time. Not a heavy bend that would make it touch the laces. No, just a normal bend you would occur when walking. The sole separated. I heard the glue let go. These shoes hadn't even been put on! I ended up returning them for a refund. I have to hand it to Amazon, they really know how to do customer service. I haven't paid for any of the three return shipping or subsequent shipping to send them to me. And me having Amazon Prime, they sent all three with two day shipping!

Clarks, if you're reading this, you might want to do some QC before you let your shoes leave the factory...
review image review image review image
1515 comments| 478 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2014
Beeswax.

I am a 21yo 5'8 male who normally wears US 9's on vans, chucks, running shoes, nike sneakers.

CON: My military boot sizes were always US 8.5 so i ordered an 8.5 bushacre. Wasn't "too" loose, but it bothered me because i had to tie the laces so tight in order for my heels to not feel like they are sliding up. I could fit my fingers inside my shoe between my heel and the heel of the shoe.

Returned it (free) online on amazon via UPS ground, amazon gave me a label print out to stick on the box. I am currently awaiting full refund tomorrow 11 Nov.

PRO: I ordered a US 8. Just received it 1 hour ago. It is now in the picture provided. They fit just like my 8.5 military boots, but a little snug on the left/right side of my feet. Length wise, i can still move my toes, and i dont have to tie it as tight.
Somehow, the 8.5 I got looked more "used" and light colored. The one i got today is darker, newer looking, and was totally newly packaged. Definitely looked like in better condition than the 8.5 i returned. HOW WEIRD?

ANYWAYS I f***in LOVE THEM. They are very snug but i know something i can break into. I am gonna wear jeans more often now. They also dont look too bad with skinny pants/khaki's.

Might actually buy one for my dad on christmas.

I'll follow up in 1-2 years to see how these boots hold up. Theyre gonna be worn ERRWHERE
review image
44 comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2016
I'm reviewing this 3 years after I've bought these shoes, and I still wear these. The quality is amazing. I wear these almost daily, with not too intensive walking. I work in a lab, so there is a lot of sitting or standing around. There's definitely wear and tear with the aesthetics, but that is expected after such a long time. It's also one of the things about the look I like the most. In regards to the integrity of the boot, it doesn't feel or look like it's in danger of falling apart. The sole is still intact and not worn away, which is the most surprising thing. Haven't tried the original Bushacres, but I've read/heard the sole is more comfortable. These have never given my a problem. I'll be wearing these until they fall apart. At which point, I'll be buying the same ones again.
on December 28, 2016
You can tell they cut corners with some of the quality of the product. Clarks quality control has significantly dropped. However for the price you simply cant beat it. Just throw on some leather conditioner or mink oil and you are ready to go. One reviewer stated that when you take them off do not use your other foot to pull them off. Loosen the laces and pull them off by hand. I believe this will do great to help them last longer. If all else fails, shoe goe repair should do the trick!
on January 20, 2017
I bought these with two other pairs (Kenneth Cole Reaction Desert Sun Chukka and a Mark Lotti...see my reviews of those on the respective pages). I ended up choosing the Kenneth Cole, but still I was generally impressed with the materials and craftsmanship of these boots. The leather felt good (and it is actual leather, which many of the shoes in the price range are not), and I'm sure would break in nicely in a few days, maybe two weeks depending on wear. The arch support and padding was minimal but comparable to the other boots I tried on in this range; that's the style though -- if you want loads of padding get work boots or backpacking boots. The lacing pattern was a little weird but that's easily changed.

Even though these boots were a little larger than I expected (even with the suggested sizing difference in the description), I still felt like they made my foot look smaller than they are. It might be from how round the toe is wen looking down. That wasn't a deal-breaker, just an observation on how they appear to the wearer. What made me choose the other brand was where the top of the boot hit my upper ankle. As mentioned above, there is no extra padding anywhere, so it's a pretty hard edge that rubs your Achilles tendon. That may not be a fault of this boot, rather of the style in general, but that was my reasoning regardless.

If you are used to how a boot of this height fits you, then you would be very happy.
on June 16, 2017
I bought these boots in the beeswax color, and have been wearing them regularly for about 3 weeks now. They look nice and fit well, but aren't very comfortable. More on that later.

Based on other reviews, I ordered a half size smaller than usual (11.5 instead of 12). I *think* this was the right call, but due to the comfort issues I've had, I wish I'd ordered a few different sizes to try and then returned all but one (after consulting the return policy).

A few points to make:

-First and most importantly: comfort. The leather was quite tight and uncomfortable at first against the tops of my feet and the sides of my little toes. This improved a lot as I broke them in (protip: don't do the laces up too tight. The shape of the boot does a good job of holding your foot all by itself), but the insoles are still painfully hard beneath the "ball" of the little toe. Grocery-store inserts would probably help, but there isn't enough vertical space to accommodate them. The hard insoles are the reason I didn't award five stars.

-Second, the beeswax color appears quite a bit lighter in person than in the photo. Not so much that I believe the picture is of a different boot; it's probably just a lighting effect. The attached photo (from the same product on the Macy's website) gives a more accurate impression.

-Third, it's not obvious from the pictures or text, but it's worth noting that the beeswax boot is made of napped leather. Not suede, but not smooth either. Nubuck? This is neither good nor bad (it's consistent with the style), just something to know.

-Fourth: Some reviewers have complained that the boot doesn't hold their heels in place well. This has not been the case for me at all. I've actually been impressed by how well they hold my feet in position considering they only have two pairs of eyelets each.

-Finally, for what it's worth, I did *not* have the problem with sole separation that another reviewer experienced, and I've flexed the things pretty hard.
on October 23, 2016
These looked like great boots at a decent price. I ordered the Beeswax Leather... and was looking forward to these arriving.

Unfortunately, the color of the boots did not match each other! One looked like the correct Beeswax color, the other looked like a tan color. See photos. Didn't anyone even notice this when packing them? Now I have to go through the trouble of returning them, or perhaps making the lighter one match the other with shoe polish. Disappointed and frustrating.
review image review image
on July 12, 2017
I like these boots. They're very stylish and can work as formal or casual wear. But there are a few issues.

My pair came a bit scuffed. I get that this can be par for the course when it comes to genuine leather shoes, but there was a rather large mark on the heel that feels as though it dug quite deeply into the leather. The laces also are a bit too low on the shoe, so they can't be adjusted as tightly as I'd like for them to be snug and comfortable. The laces also do very little to actually tighten the shoe, and they are so short that finding a suitable replacement pair is somewhat difficult.

That said, these are Clarks. They are built very solidly and I am sure they will last a very long time, regardless of how the leather looks. That's why I separately purchased some leather protector to keep these shoes looking their best.

For the price (especially for Clarks) these are a great buy, just beware of the small issues I mentioned above.
on June 12, 2017
After reading a lot of reviews that advised getting these a half or whole size smaller, I decided to go down a half size from my usual men's 11 1/2 US as I also read these boots would stretch somewhat, however, I found the 11 US size was just too tight on the sides to be able to wear comfortably so had to return them. I'm wondering if the people who recommend going down in size in these are actually basing that from the UK size number, which is about a whole size larger than the US equivalent. I ended up getting a pair of Clarks Original Desert Boots locally and even 11 1/2 US in those was too snug, and ended up going with a 12 US/11 UK. I found that my foot size (28.5cm, slightly wide) had about 15mm toe room in the 11 US Bushacres and about 25mm in the 12 US Desert Boots. Apart from the sizing issues I did like the Bushacres, they were well made and felt like the right size would have been comfortable and a good cheaper alternative to the original desert boot. For a good fit, I would suggest you measure your foot in cm, then compare against the heel to toe distance on the Clarks shoe chart, for a firm fit go 0.5cm smaller or for slightly looser fit or wide feet stick to your actual size in cm, that should provide about an inch of space in the toebox.
on June 26, 2017
These shoes look amazing, they take a few wears to break in, and they are pretty comfortable to wear all day. Unfortunately my love for the shoe is overshadowed with the glaring reality that they weren't built nearly as well as Clark's that I have owned in the past. Whether the sho was defective, or just poorly manufactured can be debated among other reviewers, but I will present the simple facts. Day1: wore the shoes to work all day, comfortable to walk in, tight on the toes as the leather stretched. Day2: wore these for another full day at work, toes felt good at the end of the day. When I got home I turned sharply on my wood floors and felt the left sole detach from the boot (see photo). Upon examination of both shoe I could see that the right shoe sole was beginning to detach as well. Disappointing from such a (normally) quality, reliable shoe.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.