Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 3,746 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,019 reviews
on February 26, 2015
I wanted to like these boots. I really did. I have been looking for boots like these for awhile and I just couldn't get super excited about what was offered. Then I saw these. I thought "Those are the ones! They have many different colors, the leather looks super good, the price is competitive, the reviews are stellar!!"

My first pair were a half size too large. It seemed a lot of people had that. No problem, I used Amazon's free returns to exchange for a half size smaller. As an aside, if you are worried about the return policy on items like this, don't! Amazon is excellent at exchanges and returns. Anyway the boots themselves looked great, leather was same color as I ordered from amazon, seemed comfy for the half day I wore them albeit large and prone to slip off my heel.

So I got my next size, and i was really digging the boots. "Yeah, i found the best pair for the money!" I thought to myself. I took them to work the next day, and around 11:00 i noticed the sole was separating. "What the heck!" I looked at amazon and saw reviews stating this was happening to them also. Then I looked around online and noticed many people saying the same thing, talking about Clarks' quality decline. Granted it seems like you can find that for any shoe manufacturer these days so take that with a grain of salt. Regardless I wasn't happy. But I wanted to like these boots SOOOOO much. They looked stunning with a nice pair of dark denim, or khakis. So i decided to exchange them and try one more pair.

So my third pair comes in the mail. I took one shoe out of the box. I didn't even put it on. I simulated walking in them. I bent the toe ONE time. Not a heavy bend that would make it touch the laces. No, just a normal bend you would occur when walking. The sole separated. I heard the glue let go. These shoes hadn't even been put on! I ended up returning them for a refund. I have to hand it to Amazon, they really know how to do customer service. I haven't paid for any of the three return shipping or subsequent shipping to send them to me. And me having Amazon Prime, they sent all three with two day shipping!

Clarks, if you're reading this, you might want to do some QC before you let your shoes leave the factory...
review image review image review image
1515 comments| 443 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2014
Beeswax.

I am a 21yo 5'8 male who normally wears US 9's on vans, chucks, running shoes, nike sneakers.

CON: My military boot sizes were always US 8.5 so i ordered an 8.5 bushacre. Wasn't "too" loose, but it bothered me because i had to tie the laces so tight in order for my heels to not feel like they are sliding up. I could fit my fingers inside my shoe between my heel and the heel of the shoe.

Returned it (free) online on amazon via UPS ground, amazon gave me a label print out to stick on the box. I am currently awaiting full refund tomorrow 11 Nov.

PRO: I ordered a US 8. Just received it 1 hour ago. It is now in the picture provided. They fit just like my 8.5 military boots, but a little snug on the left/right side of my feet. Length wise, i can still move my toes, and i dont have to tie it as tight.
Somehow, the 8.5 I got looked more "used" and light colored. The one i got today is darker, newer looking, and was totally newly packaged. Definitely looked like in better condition than the 8.5 i returned. HOW WEIRD?

ANYWAYS I f***in LOVE THEM. They are very snug but i know something i can break into. I am gonna wear jeans more often now. They also dont look too bad with skinny pants/khaki's.

Might actually buy one for my dad on christmas.

I'll follow up in 1-2 years to see how these boots hold up. Theyre gonna be worn ERRWHERE
review image
44 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2016
You can tell they cut corners with some of the quality of the product. Clarks quality control has significantly dropped. However for the price you simply cant beat it. Just throw on some leather conditioner or mink oil and you are ready to go. One reviewer stated that when you take them off do not use your other foot to pull them off. Loosen the laces and pull them off by hand. I believe this will do great to help them last longer. If all else fails, shoe goe repair should do the trick!
on October 15, 2016
First: these arrived timely and well packaged. They are made from a high-grade of (thick) leather, the sole/heel seems to be durable and workmanship superior. Because of the grade of leather, they are very stiff at first (first pair of shoes I've had in a while requiring a break-in). With that said, they do stretch out and are more comfortable with more wearing. The arch support is not as good as other shoes I have had so once broken in, I may buy gel inserts with arch support. The most noticeable downside is the finish. It's called beeswax, but closely resembles the kind of finish better known as nubuck. It is very prone to scarring from even mild contact with something rigid and although these marks can be rubbed or buffed out the shoes can really pick up a worn appearance in the course of a day depending on your activity. Since they are very casual, this isn't a big problem for me, but others may want to be aware. I like them overall, and caution that they may seem tight at first but they really do break in so be patient.
on January 20, 2017
I bought these with two other pairs (Kenneth Cole Reaction Desert Sun Chukka and a Mark Lotti...see my reviews of those on the respective pages). I ended up choosing the Kenneth Cole, but still I was generally impressed with the materials and craftsmanship of these boots. The leather felt good (and it is actual leather, which many of the shoes in the price range are not), and I'm sure would break in nicely in a few days, maybe two weeks depending on wear. The arch support and padding was minimal but comparable to the other boots I tried on in this range; that's the style though -- if you want loads of padding get work boots or backpacking boots. The lacing pattern was a little weird but that's easily changed.

Even though these boots were a little larger than I expected (even with the suggested sizing difference in the description), I still felt like they made my foot look smaller than they are. It might be from how round the toe is wen looking down. That wasn't a deal-breaker, just an observation on how they appear to the wearer. What made me choose the other brand was where the top of the boot hit my upper ankle. As mentioned above, there is no extra padding anywhere, so it's a pretty hard edge that rubs your Achilles tendon. That may not be a fault of this boot, rather of the style in general, but that was my reasoning regardless.

If you are used to how a boot of this height fits you, then you would be very happy.
on May 26, 2016
I am generally not fond of Clark's newer style shoes, but have always found their classic styles, like the Desert Boot and Wallabee, to be comfortable and reasonably well made for the price. I bought this shoe, the Bushacre 2, because it looks exactly like the Desert Boot, but has a smoother leather that is not offered in the traditional Desert Boot. Although the workmanship seems to be comparable to the Desert Boot, the quality of materials is very poor. The sole is hard rubber rather than the much softer crepe sole and is not nearly as comfortable. The leather is of VERY poor quality. When I received the boot, I noticed that leather had a very flat finish, rather than polished. It looks like, rather then leather dye, they used a flat latex interior house paint to color the leather. When I attempted to polish it using a high quality Kiwi cream polish, the cream polish would not absorb into the leather and just made a streaky mess on the surface of the shoe. Even after trting to polish them twice, the polish won't even out. My Suggestion is to stick with the original Desert Boot if you want something like this.
on April 1, 2016
The boot I ordered was different but the boot I received was still a great color and fit as expected. Always go a size down when buying Clarke's boots. I'm surprised how well they feel right out of the box and I would have returned them, but I really loved the dark gray color.

I'll just let people know that if you buy the grey leather boot you will be getting a very different style.
review image
on November 17, 2015
Excellent quality leather for the price. The boots are very well constructed and comfortable. The leather is really nice. It's darker brown in person when you first take them out of the box, but will probably get lighter. I haven't gotten to fully wear the boot. PLEASE NOTE: THE BOOTS RUN AT LEAST 1/2 SIZE LARGE, POSSIBLY A FULL SIZE LARGE. For example, I have a pair of Clark's Original Desert boots in a 10.5. When I first got them, I enjoyed just a little bit of what I considered extra space, but after wearing them for a few days realized that they were in fact too big. Due to the sole being scuffed and dirty from light wear, I was unable to return them. So when I ordered the Bushacre, I figured they would be the same, so I ordered a 10 instead of 10.5 thinking they would be a half size smaller. This was not the case. When I held the two pairs of boots up to one another, they clearly were identical. Consider sizing down at least one half size.
Here is a list of my sizes which may or may not be helpful:

Allen Edmonds: 10 C/D
Wolverine 1000 mile: 9.5 D
Original Chippewa: 9.5 D
Converse Chuck Taylor: 9 D

I cannot stress how good these boots look. I really love the dark brown color, and I was ready for a nice leather boot since I already have the lighter color (Oakwood) suede boots. I may consider a future purchase of another pair in a lighter color leather and/or a gray suede depending on availability. Very versatile. Goes with almost all of my slacks, jeans, and chinos. Awesome.

PS: Kudos for Amazon for making the exchange process so simple and effective. Got the boots, size to big, put in for the exchange, and now order has already been dispatched for different size. Boxed them back up, printed return label, and now I'll stop at UPS during lunch to complete the exchange. I love how efficient this is.
on November 29, 2016
I'm reviewing this 3 years after I've bought these shoes, and I still wear these. The quality is amazing. I wear these almost daily, with not too intensive walking. I work in a lab, so there is a lot of sitting or standing around. There's definitely wear and tear with the aesthetics, but that is expected after such a long time. It's also one of the things about the look I like the most. In regards to the integrity of the boot, it doesn't feel or look like it's in danger of falling apart. The sole is still intact and not worn away, which is the most surprising thing. Haven't tried the original Bushacres, but I've read/heard the sole is more comfortable. These have never given my a problem. I'll be wearing these until they fall apart. At which point, I'll be buying the same ones again.
on March 17, 2017
I switched from Clarks Desert boot to the Bushacre 2 a few years ago. The Bushacre is about half the price, I prefer the artificial sole to the natural crepe which felt gummy to me, and I find them more comfortable in the heel. The quality of the sole to the suede isn't the best – stitching stays in place fine, but the suede sort of peels up from the rubber sole. I fixed it with some gorilla glue. These boots have lasted me two years and have plenty of life left. I wear them about every – they are great for the office and going out on the town. I ended up picking up a second pair since the suede was looking kind of rough / dirty, but I'll keep one to knock around in and one for nicer situations.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.