Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 4,019 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,302 reviews
on February 26, 2015
I wanted to like these boots. I really did. I have been looking for boots like these for awhile and I just couldn't get super excited about what was offered. Then I saw these. I thought "Those are the ones! They have many different colors, the leather looks super good, the price is competitive, the reviews are stellar!!"

My first pair were a half size too large. It seemed a lot of people had that. No problem, I used Amazon's free returns to exchange for a half size smaller. As an aside, if you are worried about the return policy on items like this, don't! Amazon is excellent at exchanges and returns. Anyway the boots themselves looked great, leather was same color as I ordered from amazon, seemed comfy for the half day I wore them albeit large and prone to slip off my heel.

So I got my next size, and i was really digging the boots. "Yeah, i found the best pair for the money!" I thought to myself. I took them to work the next day, and around 11:00 i noticed the sole was separating. "What the heck!" I looked at amazon and saw reviews stating this was happening to them also. Then I looked around online and noticed many people saying the same thing, talking about Clarks' quality decline. Granted it seems like you can find that for any shoe manufacturer these days so take that with a grain of salt. Regardless I wasn't happy. But I wanted to like these boots SOOOOO much. They looked stunning with a nice pair of dark denim, or khakis. So i decided to exchange them and try one more pair.

So my third pair comes in the mail. I took one shoe out of the box. I didn't even put it on. I simulated walking in them. I bent the toe ONE time. Not a heavy bend that would make it touch the laces. No, just a normal bend you would occur when walking. The sole separated. I heard the glue let go. These shoes hadn't even been put on! I ended up returning them for a refund. I have to hand it to Amazon, they really know how to do customer service. I haven't paid for any of the three return shipping or subsequent shipping to send them to me. And me having Amazon Prime, they sent all three with two day shipping!

Clarks, if you're reading this, you might want to do some QC before you let your shoes leave the factory...
review image review image review image
1616 comments| 522 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2014
Beeswax.

I am a 21yo 5'8 male who normally wears US 9's on vans, chucks, running shoes, nike sneakers.

CON: My military boot sizes were always US 8.5 so i ordered an 8.5 bushacre. Wasn't "too" loose, but it bothered me because i had to tie the laces so tight in order for my heels to not feel like they are sliding up. I could fit my fingers inside my shoe between my heel and the heel of the shoe.

Returned it (free) online on amazon via UPS ground, amazon gave me a label print out to stick on the box. I am currently awaiting full refund tomorrow 11 Nov.

PRO: I ordered a US 8. Just received it 1 hour ago. It is now in the picture provided. They fit just like my 8.5 military boots, but a little snug on the left/right side of my feet. Length wise, i can still move my toes, and i dont have to tie it as tight.
Somehow, the 8.5 I got looked more "used" and light colored. The one i got today is darker, newer looking, and was totally newly packaged. Definitely looked like in better condition than the 8.5 i returned. HOW WEIRD?

ANYWAYS I f***in LOVE THEM. They are very snug but i know something i can break into. I am gonna wear jeans more often now. They also dont look too bad with skinny pants/khaki's.

Might actually buy one for my dad on christmas.

I'll follow up in 1-2 years to see how these boots hold up. Theyre gonna be worn ERRWHERE
review image
44 comments| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2017
I normally wear a 10.5, so I bought a 10. These are still large so I could have opted for a 9.5 -- a full size down.

I found the leather relatively thin, which is fine for 3 seasons but not enough insulation for winter here in Canada. (Probably better for warmer climates).

These are my first desert boots. I generally like the style, between formal shoes such as oxfords and less formal such as running shoes and Vans.

I don't find them very comfortable -- OK I guess, but not as comfortable as my mocassins, running shoes, Vans, deck shoes or even my hiking boots. I think the lack of padding on the bottom is the main issue. A pair of insoles would probably help, but why pay for that when insoles aren't required for the others?
on September 15, 2017
First, the fit. I wear a 10medium(or D) in other Clarks shoes and in most other shoes. So I ordered 10M in these shoes and they fit as they should.
They feel good on my foot and walk well. The leather is a basic oil tanned leather and is a fairly heavy weight, and looks good.
They are well made, fit the way they should, look exactly like the picture, and they are my new every day kicks.
An added plus is the four eyelets(two on each side of the tongue). They are easy to tie, no pulling and cinching between each pair of eyelets, just pull the two sides tight, tie your bow and you're done.
I like these boots.
on September 14, 2017
The color I ordered was "black smooth", but when I opened the package, the boots were more hombre-- only the edges of the shoes were black; they were largely a gunmetal color. Even the laces are grey. But in all fairness, I bought a pair of Clarks for $30. I applied some leather dye and black shoe polish to resolve that issue and now I'm satisfied.

Just a word of advice, the break-in process with these shoes is kind of brutal. The shoes DO run half a size large. (I wear a 10 in Vans and any other sneaker or boot, and a 9.5 in Converse.)

I read some reviews stating these shoes ran a full size large-- I wouldn't recommend going down a full size. I tried to mitigate the discomfort of the break-in stage by purchasing some $15 Dr Scholl's insoles, and that exacerbated the discomfort, as my toes did not have any wiggle room whatsoever.

I bought these shoes for work and have just now worn them a full week. These are definitely not ideal for unforgiving concrete floors, but are gradually becoming more comfortable with each wear. For casual purposes, they're perfectly fine, but still nowhere nearly as comfortable as their predecessors with the crepe sole. I haven't noticed any flaw in construction thus far.

Ultimately I feel good about this purchase.
on December 18, 2016
Pros:
-Comfy as all getout
-Look GREAT (I got the dark brown).
-Dressy enough for khakis
-Look awesome with jeans
-Well made (for the price)
-Sole is quality (not showing any unexpected wear after a couple weeks heavy use)

Cons:
-Potentially ½ size too big?
-Leather a tiny bit thin, but still, surprisingly good for price
-Laces are cheap looking, will probably have to replace

These are great boots, I've been wearing them all over the place. They are very comfortable, and seem well made for the price. I really wanted some of the high-end chukkas, but "settled" for these. Yes, they're not the same level of quality as the $300 boots I had my eyes on, but they are very well made by today's cheap shoe and boot standards. As far as the sizing, I used to be a 13 but shoe sizes seem to be creeping up, so I got a 12, and 12 is still a tiny bit large, but not enough to go 11. I think 11 would be too small, and they don't offer half sizes on these. I think they're re-sole-able, so I'll let you know how that goes in a year or so. Also, I like the sole on these. I know there's another classic Clark's chukka with the beeswax sole (they are supposedly more premium and cost more) but I specifically avoided them because a few people I know have had them, claimed they loved them, but that cheap waxy sole wore out fast. Last thing, I'm not actually a hipster, but a mid-thirties business professional. My office is a shirt-and-tie kind of place, so with a good coat of polish these are passable (especially with this wintery weather) with khakis and a dress shirt. In my opinion, they’re a bit too “boot-ish” for nicer slacks with a shirt and tie though. Otherwise they go great with jeans too, overall these will give you tons of wardrobe flexibility.
on March 14, 2017
Such a great boot. I usually wear an 8.5 - 9 in sneakers. An 8 M fits well. The foot opening seems unusually wide and loose, but after walking around I got used to it. Breaking it in for a day or two was really painful, but it's very comfortable now, although the sole under the toe feels a little thin. I could probably add an insole and it'd be perfect.

It's true. Not great for wet or winter. If it's more than misting outside, you'll probably have wet socks. I would not even bother with any snow or ice.
on May 5, 2014
I had three criteria for finding a good pair of black boots: they must be sturdy, they must look nice with dress clothes, and they must be comfortable. Price was also an issue (I wish I could contest this fact), but the other three were more important -- after all, I can save. The sleek, suede, old-fashioned look of the Bushacre 2 boots caught my eye right away; the reviews for the boots clinched the sale, and the initial test drives cultivated an immense sense of victory -- I had found my boots. The Bushacre 2's are very sturdy, well-stitched, and possess thick, rubber soles that maximize grip. They fit my foot well -- I ordered 9.5's even though I usually wear 10's, as the reviews suggested they run a half-size over, and they fit perfectly -- and are holding up well against my active lifestyle. I have yet to test them in the mud, but this is due to their beautiful black color, which may be the deepest shade of shadow I have ever encountered. The Bushacre 2's are sleek, simple, and fit well with dress clothes; I received many compliments on them during my first, public test run, without trying to draw everyone's attention to them. They are a bit longer than most footwear I am used to, and every now and then I stub my toe, but with practice this will fade. The Bushacre 2's are comfortable, even after several hours of active wear, and feel soft and warm against my feet. On hot days they are a bit stifling, but this is to be expected of the material and of the color. Overall, if you like the way the Bushacre 2's look, look no farther for a dependable product. I paid just over $60 for my pair, and feel no shame in my purchase.
on January 3, 2017
This is my second Pair of the Clarks Men's Bushacre 2 Boot, Beeswax Leather. Let me start out with size. I normally wear a 10 in all shoes from Chacos, nike and dress shoes. But these are different. My first pair I bought a 9 and liked the fit and they broke in well, but were a little tight. I had these for 2 years and just kind of got used to it. These I got in a 9.5 and I'm not glad I did. The are stiff and have lots of room for comfort. So my recommendation for size: Wide feet - size down 1/2 (i.e. 10 to 9.5.) Normal feet - I think you can get away with sizing down a whole size, but 1/2 would work as well (i.e. 10 to 9).

Break in period. Now, its been two years since I had a new pair, but I remember the break in period being short and painless. If you're like me, I buy a pair of shoes and that is basically the only pair I wear for awhile. So a couple days MAX. I can update the exact time when I think they're completely broke in.

Quality. I think these boots are great quality. I've seen others complain about the separation at the sole, I did have that over the years, but I think it's normal wear and tear. I think the color holds up as well. this has just been my experience with Clarks. Plus you cant beat the price of $49.97 and free two day shipping. (get Prime -- it's worth it.)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2017
I know other people like them but I thought they were uncomfortable, I returned them. They were polite and quick with the return.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.