Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 3,674 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,947 reviews
on February 26, 2015
I wanted to like these boots. I really did. I have been looking for boots like these for awhile and I just couldn't get super excited about what was offered. Then I saw these. I thought "Those are the ones! They have many different colors, the leather looks super good, the price is competitive, the reviews are stellar!!"

My first pair were a half size too large. It seemed a lot of people had that. No problem, I used Amazon's free returns to exchange for a half size smaller. As an aside, if you are worried about the return policy on items like this, don't! Amazon is excellent at exchanges and returns. Anyway the boots themselves looked great, leather was same color as I ordered from amazon, seemed comfy for the half day I wore them albeit large and prone to slip off my heel.

So I got my next size, and i was really digging the boots. "Yeah, i found the best pair for the money!" I thought to myself. I took them to work the next day, and around 11:00 i noticed the sole was separating. "What the heck!" I looked at amazon and saw reviews stating this was happening to them also. Then I looked around online and noticed many people saying the same thing, talking about Clarks' quality decline. Granted it seems like you can find that for any shoe manufacturer these days so take that with a grain of salt. Regardless I wasn't happy. But I wanted to like these boots SOOOOO much. They looked stunning with a nice pair of dark denim, or khakis. So i decided to exchange them and try one more pair.

So my third pair comes in the mail. I took one shoe out of the box. I didn't even put it on. I simulated walking in them. I bent the toe ONE time. Not a heavy bend that would make it touch the laces. No, just a normal bend you would occur when walking. The sole separated. I heard the glue let go. These shoes hadn't even been put on! I ended up returning them for a refund. I have to hand it to Amazon, they really know how to do customer service. I haven't paid for any of the three return shipping or subsequent shipping to send them to me. And me having Amazon Prime, they sent all three with two day shipping!

Clarks, if you're reading this, you might want to do some QC before you let your shoes leave the factory...
review image review image review image
1515 comments| 420 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2014
Beeswax.

I am a 21yo 5'8 male who normally wears US 9's on vans, chucks, running shoes, nike sneakers.

CON: My military boot sizes were always US 8.5 so i ordered an 8.5 bushacre. Wasn't "too" loose, but it bothered me because i had to tie the laces so tight in order for my heels to not feel like they are sliding up. I could fit my fingers inside my shoe between my heel and the heel of the shoe.

Returned it (free) online on amazon via UPS ground, amazon gave me a label print out to stick on the box. I am currently awaiting full refund tomorrow 11 Nov.

PRO: I ordered a US 8. Just received it 1 hour ago. It is now in the picture provided. They fit just like my 8.5 military boots, but a little snug on the left/right side of my feet. Length wise, i can still move my toes, and i dont have to tie it as tight.
Somehow, the 8.5 I got looked more "used" and light colored. The one i got today is darker, newer looking, and was totally newly packaged. Definitely looked like in better condition than the 8.5 i returned. HOW WEIRD?

ANYWAYS I f***in LOVE THEM. They are very snug but i know something i can break into. I am gonna wear jeans more often now. They also dont look too bad with skinny pants/khaki's.

Might actually buy one for my dad on christmas.

I'll follow up in 1-2 years to see how these boots hold up. Theyre gonna be worn ERRWHERE
review image
44 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2016
These boots are, by far, the worst pair I've ever purchased in my life. Upon removing the boots from the packaging, I noticed that the soles were already falling off. A 7 year old child could glue these shoes together better. The suede portion of the boots wasn't even cut/shaved/sanded properly, and is uneven all around the shoe.

This is the 2nd pair of Clark's I've received within this month that will need to be returned. I have owned several pairs of Clark's boots, and the build quality of these shoes have really gone to s**t.

Clark's, you ought to hire some new guys at QC, because you are tarnishing your reputation as a shoemaker with the build quality of these shoes.

Update: The stitching isn't even around the shoe - I will upload photos shortly.
review image review image review image review image
on July 30, 2015
I am sure these shoes will last me very long, because I will wear these so rarely, if at all!
It must be a good make at some point of time, but now definitely something has terribly gone wrong in the manufacturing and quality control. Or probably Clarks have such a solid "brand" that they don't really care anymore. Definitely not worth 70 dollars.

Specifics:
1. Size - Usually I wear 10M or 9.5W. Based on previous feedbacks for these boots I ordered 9.5M, which fitted a bit too tight for comfort. Exchanged and ordered 10M (W was not available). This one fits, but not that comfortably. The foot feels crammed inside the shoe. Feels more like an ill fitted safety boot than a casual street boot. Usually does not happen (and not with other pair of boots bought along with this one), it chaffs the skin under shoe lace area. After barely 10 mnts of walking it starts hurting. in 20 mnts have to take it off.
2. Leather - Leather of the first pair felt soft and "weathered" , felt more comfortable. This replacement pair, this leather feels very thick and tough. Safety boot material.
3.Cushioning - Marginal to none. Feels hard on undersole, will look for some padding base. but that may cram the foot even more.
4. Colour - original pair had a nice bee wax colour, this one looks dirty brown. Weird scratch marks have appear on leather.
5. Weight - again original pair felt light and comfortable, the replacement is very heavy, feels like a kilo each if not more.
6. Workmanship - the glue on the sides is coming off after eight wearing. And I wear these to office, walking time barely 10 mnts each side. Gives me weird ache in the shins.
on April 1, 2016
The boot I ordered was different but the boot I received was still a great color and fit as expected. Always go a size down when buying Clarke's boots. I'm surprised how well they feel right out of the box and I would have returned them, but I really loved the dark gray color.

I'll just let people know that if you buy the grey leather boot you will be getting a very different style.
review image
on March 28, 2017
I have a pair of the original Clark's Desert Boots, which broke in buttery soft after a few days, and have an amazingly comfortable sole. The only drawback, as many note, is the sole looks terrible after just a short period of time and it can't be cleaned. I needed a second pair, and ordered a pair of the Clarks Bushacre 2 after reading enough reviews to convince me they were essentially the same boot just with a different sole (not to mention quite a bit less expensive).
WRONG.
While the boots look good, I've been wearing them for over a month and the leather is as stiff as when they were new. The soles look good, however, inserts may be necessary to make them comfortable for long days.
If you're on a tight budget, or just can't stand the way the soles of the Desert Boots attract dirt, go ahead and get them. As for me, I'll fork out the extra cash in the future and deal with the crepe sole's dirt magnet.
on May 5, 2014
I had three criteria for finding a good pair of black boots: they must be sturdy, they must look nice with dress clothes, and they must be comfortable. Price was also an issue (I wish I could contest this fact), but the other three were more important -- after all, I can save. The sleek, suede, old-fashioned look of the Bushacre 2 boots caught my eye right away; the reviews for the boots clinched the sale, and the initial test drives cultivated an immense sense of victory -- I had found my boots. The Bushacre 2's are very sturdy, well-stitched, and possess thick, rubber soles that maximize grip. They fit my foot well -- I ordered 9.5's even though I usually wear 10's, as the reviews suggested they run a half-size over, and they fit perfectly -- and are holding up well against my active lifestyle. I have yet to test them in the mud, but this is due to their beautiful black color, which may be the deepest shade of shadow I have ever encountered. The Bushacre 2's are sleek, simple, and fit well with dress clothes; I received many compliments on them during my first, public test run, without trying to draw everyone's attention to them. They are a bit longer than most footwear I am used to, and every now and then I stub my toe, but with practice this will fade. The Bushacre 2's are comfortable, even after several hours of active wear, and feel soft and warm against my feet. On hot days they are a bit stifling, but this is to be expected of the material and of the color. Overall, if you like the way the Bushacre 2's look, look no farther for a dependable product. I paid just over $60 for my pair, and feel no shame in my purchase.
on March 17, 2017
I switched from Clarks Desert boot to the Bushacre 2 a few years ago. The Bushacre is about half the price, I prefer the artificial sole to the natural crepe which felt gummy to me, and I find them more comfortable in the heel. The quality of the sole to the suede isn't the best – stitching stays in place fine, but the suede sort of peels up from the rubber sole. I fixed it with some gorilla glue. These boots have lasted me two years and have plenty of life left. I wear them about every – they are great for the office and going out on the town. I ended up picking up a second pair since the suede was looking kind of rough / dirty, but I'll keep one to knock around in and one for nicer situations.
on February 9, 2016
These shoes make me feel like Indiana Jones when I put them on. I'm about to buy another pair, not because they're wearing out, but because I love them so much and they are about $10 less than I bought them a year ago. I love how these break in. I wear them all the time, and they are still completely intact. I took a pic and attached it to this review. After a year of pretty heavy use, including 2 Chicago winters (I don't clean or polish them at all, and it shows.... but thats what I like about them!) I am still a happy customer. One thing of note, they are not quite as red as the product image on here. Mine are a bit lighter as well, from scuffing, etc. but if you clean and oil them, I'm sure they will be darker.

I've looked at and tried many chukkas, THESE are the ones to get. Great mix of casual/dress, very versatile, sturdy, and look and wear-in great.
review image review image
on March 14, 2017
I used to be an avid Vans wearer, but have grown tired of their slipping quality. I decided to give these a try in beeswax, and they did not dissapoint.

First, I wear a 10.5 in Vans. I bought these in a 10 and they fit like a glove.

Second, don't let the picture here fool you. These things have a quality look to them. Everything is sharp and clean, no frays or excess glue.

Lastly, it's only been a week, but I work 6 days a week and these things haven't shown any splitting or scuffing. I also drive a manual which caused my Vans to split terribly from pressing the clutch.

If you are looking to tidy up your style, without looking overly while also keeping money in your wallet, these are the way to go.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.