Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services girlss6 tgirlss6 girlss6  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 3,610 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,886 reviews
on February 26, 2015
I wanted to like these boots. I really did. I have been looking for boots like these for awhile and I just couldn't get super excited about what was offered. Then I saw these. I thought "Those are the ones! They have many different colors, the leather looks super good, the price is competitive, the reviews are stellar!!"

My first pair were a half size too large. It seemed a lot of people had that. No problem, I used Amazon's free returns to exchange for a half size smaller. As an aside, if you are worried about the return policy on items like this, don't! Amazon is excellent at exchanges and returns. Anyway the boots themselves looked great, leather was same color as I ordered from amazon, seemed comfy for the half day I wore them albeit large and prone to slip off my heel.

So I got my next size, and i was really digging the boots. "Yeah, i found the best pair for the money!" I thought to myself. I took them to work the next day, and around 11:00 i noticed the sole was separating. "What the heck!" I looked at amazon and saw reviews stating this was happening to them also. Then I looked around online and noticed many people saying the same thing, talking about Clarks' quality decline. Granted it seems like you can find that for any shoe manufacturer these days so take that with a grain of salt. Regardless I wasn't happy. But I wanted to like these boots SOOOOO much. They looked stunning with a nice pair of dark denim, or khakis. So i decided to exchange them and try one more pair.

So my third pair comes in the mail. I took one shoe out of the box. I didn't even put it on. I simulated walking in them. I bent the toe ONE time. Not a heavy bend that would make it touch the laces. No, just a normal bend you would occur when walking. The sole separated. I heard the glue let go. These shoes hadn't even been put on! I ended up returning them for a refund. I have to hand it to Amazon, they really know how to do customer service. I haven't paid for any of the three return shipping or subsequent shipping to send them to me. And me having Amazon Prime, they sent all three with two day shipping!

Clarks, if you're reading this, you might want to do some QC before you let your shoes leave the factory...
review image review image review image
1515 comments| 406 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2014
Beeswax.

I am a 21yo 5'8 male who normally wears US 9's on vans, chucks, running shoes, nike sneakers.

CON: My military boot sizes were always US 8.5 so i ordered an 8.5 bushacre. Wasn't "too" loose, but it bothered me because i had to tie the laces so tight in order for my heels to not feel like they are sliding up. I could fit my fingers inside my shoe between my heel and the heel of the shoe.

Returned it (free) online on amazon via UPS ground, amazon gave me a label print out to stick on the box. I am currently awaiting full refund tomorrow 11 Nov.

PRO: I ordered a US 8. Just received it 1 hour ago. It is now in the picture provided. They fit just like my 8.5 military boots, but a little snug on the left/right side of my feet. Length wise, i can still move my toes, and i dont have to tie it as tight.
Somehow, the 8.5 I got looked more "used" and light colored. The one i got today is darker, newer looking, and was totally newly packaged. Definitely looked like in better condition than the 8.5 i returned. HOW WEIRD?

ANYWAYS I f***in LOVE THEM. They are very snug but i know something i can break into. I am gonna wear jeans more often now. They also dont look too bad with skinny pants/khaki's.

Might actually buy one for my dad on christmas.

I'll follow up in 1-2 years to see how these boots hold up. Theyre gonna be worn ERRWHERE
review image
44 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 10, 2017
I decided I had better try a pair of desert boots after reading several recommendations, including that of Anthony Bourdain. Clarks are the originals, from WWII era England, initially marketed over here in the US after the Brits turned up their noses (later they picked up on them for their "cool, American" look - go figure), and there's no need to really look any further as far as quality and authenticity is concerned. This model is a tad different from the original desert boot, however, in that the sole is a heavier, solid rubber as opposed to original crepe (those can still be had from Clarks as well). While that means probably a slightly less cushy feel, I do think these soles will last longer than the crepe ones with a lot of walking.

I saw a few reviews indicating that these ran large, so I tried a 9.5 in addition to my normal 10, but I felt more comfortable with the 10s. You may possibly find a half size smaller than your normal fits, but the structure of the sole seems truer to normal size, and in my case the 10 placed the arch at a more natural spot than the 9.5s. After a little bit of a break-in period, these shoes fit extremely well and are insanely comfortable for a pair of simple leather boots. At first, you might notice your heel riding up and down a little bit, but that quickly went away for me. I've been wearing these for about two months now daily. They look spiffy enough to be worn with slacks, and I like them on the weekends with jeans as well.

I've seen a few occurrences of the sole and top separating, and it seems like that usually happens early into the wear and tear. So far, there isn't any sign of my pair tending in that direction, so I think that was just a defect that affected a small number of shoes. I can see these lasting for a very long time. I bought the beeswax uppers. They're a really excellent color that doesn't show wear, and so far I haven't felt a need to oil the leather at all. Highly recommended!
on January 20, 2016
These boots are, by far, the worst pair I've ever purchased in my life. Upon removing the boots from the packaging, I noticed that the soles were already falling off. A 7 year old child could glue these shoes together better. The suede portion of the boots wasn't even cut/shaved/sanded properly, and is uneven all around the shoe.

This is the 2nd pair of Clark's I've received within this month that will need to be returned. I have owned several pairs of Clark's boots, and the build quality of these shoes have really gone to s**t.

Clark's, you ought to hire some new guys at QC, because you are tarnishing your reputation as a shoemaker with the build quality of these shoes.

Update: The stitching isn't even around the shoe - I will upload photos shortly.
review image review image review image review image
on February 9, 2016
These shoes make me feel like Indiana Jones when I put them on. I'm about to buy another pair, not because they're wearing out, but because I love them so much and they are about $10 less than I bought them a year ago. I love how these break in. I wear them all the time, and they are still completely intact. I took a pic and attached it to this review. After a year of pretty heavy use, including 2 Chicago winters (I don't clean or polish them at all, and it shows.... but thats what I like about them!) I am still a happy customer. One thing of note, they are not quite as red as the product image on here. Mine are a bit lighter as well, from scuffing, etc. but if you clean and oil them, I'm sure they will be darker.

I've looked at and tried many chukkas, THESE are the ones to get. Great mix of casual/dress, very versatile, sturdy, and look and wear-in great.
review image review image
on February 10, 2017
OK. I've wore them today first time after delivery. The size: Like other reviews, you should order 1~0.5 smaller. I am usually wearing 9.5-10, but I ordered 9 for these boots and found those are perfect.

The design is good. The color (beewax) is great. The material looks nice.

One issue: the inside stitches around peach bones are not finished well. There are hard insert under the peach bones and that part actually rubs against my peach bones. Soaring after 10min walking. I've taped those parts and am going to stand with them until break-in. Anyway, these are definitely not a out-of-box-comfort pair of boots.

Update on 3/2/2017: Still love the style. Wearing every day. Def. good looking shoes but... not a comfy pair of boots. I feel pain from the instep of my right foot. The bottom lace holes make the instep hurt even I do not tighten the lace too much.
on December 28, 2014
Very nice boots for the money. I went and tried the Original Desert Boot in a Clarks store and honestly couldn't really tell a difference between these two while they were on my feet. Although the Desert Boot has a more softer crepe sole, the difference in feel is pretty negligible. I had to knock off 1 star because as the other reviewers have said, the Beeswax color is MUCH darker in person than it is on the product image. It is more of a very dark brown color, if anything, which came as a disappointment to me as I like the color of the boots in the product image much more (personal preference). I was a bit confused because one reviewer had said that his size 11 (US) Beeswax boot was much lighter in color than the same boot of a different size, but lo and behold, mine arrived in the same dark brown color. Fit and finish overall is decent, not the best I've ever seen, but for the money, definitely nice. It's a little stiff at first, but once broken in, it will get a bit more comfortable.

LISTEN TO THE OTHER REVIEWS!
The sizing runs 1 size to 1.5 size too large, so size down. I am normally a 12 (US) in men sizing for most Nike, Vans, and various other brands of shoes, but for the Bushacre, size 11 fit almost right. Still a bit loose in my opinion, but it is acceptable. I tried a 12 (US) Original Desert Boot in the Clarks Store and it was way too big for me. Your best bet is to go into the store and try on various sizes of the Desert Boot or Bushacre (if you can find it in store) and find the right fit for you if you want to be 100% sure. If you are too lazy, then just size down 1 whole size.

Overall if I had the choice between these or the Desert Boot, I would have spent the extra money and gone with the Desert Boot, simply because I liked the color on those much better.
on March 18, 2017
This is the second pair of boots that I have bought off of Amazon, the first being a pair of "polar fox". I really liked the polar fox boots, both in style and fit, but the soles came completely off of the boots after about 6 months and I had only worn them a few times! These boots seem okay so far; however, the material is rather stiff and flimsy. They aren't the most comfortable boots, and I couldn't see myself wearing them for more than a couple of hours at a time. I think I'll buy my casual dress boots at the department store from now on so I can see the quality before I buy a pair. As a side note, I have bought several pairs of sneakers off of Amazon and have been completely satisfied with all of them.
on March 28, 2017
I have a pair of the original Clark's Desert Boots, which broke in buttery soft after a few days, and have an amazingly comfortable sole. The only drawback, as many note, is the sole looks terrible after just a short period of time and it can't be cleaned. I needed a second pair, and ordered a pair of the Clarks Bushacre 2 after reading enough reviews to convince me they were essentially the same boot just with a different sole (not to mention quite a bit less expensive).
WRONG.
While the boots look good, I've been wearing them for over a month and the leather is as stiff as when they were new. The soles look good, however, inserts may be necessary to make them comfortable for long days.
If you're on a tight budget, or just can't stand the way the soles of the Desert Boots attract dirt, go ahead and get them. As for me, I'll fork out the extra cash in the future and deal with the crepe sole's dirt magnet.
on March 17, 2017
I switched from Clarks Desert boot to the Bushacre 2 a few years ago. The Bushacre is about half the price, I prefer the artificial sole to the natural crepe which felt gummy to me, and I find them more comfortable in the heel. The quality of the sole to the suede isn't the best – stitching stays in place fine, but the suede sort of peels up from the rubber sole. I fixed it with some gorilla glue. These boots have lasted me two years and have plenty of life left. I wear them about every – they are great for the office and going out on the town. I ended up picking up a second pair since the suede was looking kind of rough / dirty, but I'll keep one to knock around in and one for nicer situations.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.