Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 113 reviews
on February 12, 2016
This review is for the Beeswax leather color.

Pros: Very nice looking modern style Oxford, a good business casual style great for around a business casual office.

Cons: Very uncomfortable poor insole with a strange bump in the heel. It is very flat, basically a hard leather insole with no padding. I walked around for a few continuous hours in these and my feet just hurt due to lack of padding in the insole and their design with poor arch support. This is after breaking them in for 2 weeks.

The sole seems to be wearing quickly, only having worn them two weeks. Being such a light color it quickly just looks dirty, not a good look.

I don't like the finish on the leather, it acquires scrapes too readily and I immediately used an oil leather sponge to make them look a little less scuffed up. Also don't like how a giant crease forms quickly in the front top of the shoes due to where the food naturally bends.

It seems like a quality shoe but I find myself not wanting to wear it because it is uncomfortable.
review image review image
on September 15, 2015
I've worn 10.5 sized Clarks before (Unstructureds), and after wearing the Desert London Oxfords for a week, I'm pretty sure 10.5 was the right size. This however this didn't stop them from wearing the skin off the backs of my heels (on the Achilles tendon) on the first day I wore them outside. After a brisk 10 minute walk to work, they drew blood. I had walked around in them indoors before committing to wearing them outdoors, but had no indication of the pain they would inflict. I've worn shoes without padded rear sections before without a problem, but something about the way these shoes are shaped rubbed my feet the wrong way. After wearing them outside, they were no longer in any condition to return, so instead, I spent a couple hours working the leather manually and rubbing Obenauf's leather preservative into them. This, and the band-aids I'm wearing over my wounds have made the shoes wearable. There are no removable insoles in these shoes, nor is there any room for them. You're stuck with the slim bit of padding included under the heel, and the slight bit of cushioning the softer Crepe sole provides. I can feel more of the ground than I am used to through these shoes, but don't necessarily consider that a bad thing. I like the minimalist style of the shoes, but wish the minimalism didn't extend to the cushioning and comfort as well.

Not everyone will have the same experience I did, you may not need to break them in as much before being able to wear them.
on January 15, 2016
Updated. These are one of the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever owned. Insole is terrible. Non-existent really - there is a raised oval thin pad in the heal area that is incredibly annoying. Can feel it all day. Feet are happiest when I take these off.
on March 12, 2017
Bought these looking for a casual shoe to wear with jeans or other casual pants. I tried on and researched several brands including Dr. Martin's, Rockport and Johnston & Murphy. After reading the reviews on Dr. Martin's and seeing them sold in Shoe Carnival, I concluded the quality was not what they use to be. I got these and am very happy with them. Gum soles are soft and grip, leather construction seems to be quality.

I wear a 10.5 US in most shoes but bought a 10 based on customer review here and they are perfect fit. I would measure your foot in mm and go by that, mine measured 167mm, standing.
**** A word of warning, new they are super stiff and feel like you are wearing plywood shoes. But I took another reviewers advice and rubbed them with mink oil and wore them around the house for 1hr and they were loose and molded to my foot.

The only negative I have is there is no insole to speak of and this makes them, not as comfortable as they could be. Yes there is a small padded bump in the heal but it is more annoying than comfort adding. If you require an insole I might go a half size larger. If Clarks would add their ortholite insole to these, they would be top notch in style and comfort.
on October 7, 2014
These shoes look great and are very comfortable. Looks great with jeans or khakis. I recommend wearing a thick pair of socks during the initial breaking in to avoid some soreness. Once broken in, you'll barely notice they're on your feet. They have great traction and are nearly silent on most floor surfaces.

Yes, as other reviewer have stated, they run a bit large. I normally wear a 10(US) but, the 9.5 fits great.

-- Cons
The crape soles show dirt easily and seem to wear out quickly.
The beeswax leather scuffs easily; however, applying a light coat of beeswax after warming the leather has them looking almost new.
on February 22, 2017
These are the low-top version of the Desert Boots, and I prefer them because the heels fit better and don't slip. The boots don't cup your heels, but these do.

The sizing on these is a little off. I have a 9UK/10US, which is actually a little closer to a 9.5US. However, the size is also provided in millimeters, and the 9UK/10US is for a foot that is 265mm long, which is just under 10.5 inches. I think the sizes are in increments of 5mm. For example, an 8.5UK/9.5US should be for a 260mm foot, and a 9.5UK/10.5US should be for a 270mm foot. So, measure your feet!

I should also add that these stretch a lot, just like the boots. I have normal-width feet, and these shoes were almost painfully narrow the first time I put them on. They stretched to a normal width after I wore them for a few hours. They may stretch even more, if my past experience is accurate.
on February 26, 2015
I've always loved the look of the desert boot but they KILLED my feet. I thought I'd give these a try. These shoes arrive a little stiff and there isn't much to them. I wasn't sure how I felt about them when I first put them on and they take a couple days to break in. But once broken in, they're awesome. First of all, they look amazing with any attire. Shoes can make the biggest difference when you're in casual clothes. If you're wearing a sweater, jeans, and tennis shoes, you can look like a slob. But substitute these for the tennis shoes and you suddenly look classy. I've received numerous compliments since I started wearing them and will definitely be purchasing more pairs in the future. I usually wear 8.5 in Clarks but the 9's were perfect. Highly recommended!
on March 20, 2015
These are great. They are my go-to office shoes for daily wear. I have a pair of Desert Trekkers and love them because of their crepe soles and how comfortable they are but I wanted that same sole and comfort in something a bit dressier. I bought the model with the beeswax brown leather uppers. They are still "casual" and look good with jeans or khakis but I've worn them with a pair of navy dress pants, dress shirt, and tie, and it made for a great combo as well. I threw a pair of Dr Scholl's gel insoles in them to increase the cushion from the already soft crepe sole and they're the perfect, most comfortable daily wear shoe I have. I went to a Clark's retail store to try a pair on before I ordered them and I recommend this. A lot of people said order a size or half size down but I actually had to go the other way and order a full size up from my normal shoe size, even without the insoles. All in all a great pair of shoes, I love them.
on April 29, 2015
Awesome shoes. They're a little uncomfortable at first and you definitely have to go through the process of breaking them in, but once you do that they're really fantastic. They're perfect for dressing up a casual outfit or dressing down something that looks a little nicer. You really can't go wrong. My only gripe is that the crepe soles are kinda sticky and feel a bit strange. They've taken a little bit of time to get used to.
on October 17, 2016
I said they fit somewhat large because I read previous reviews. I went in to a Clarks store to try on what size I thought would fit and I was incorrect. I normally where a Men's 12, so that's what I tried on first. It was just a tad too big. Uncomfortably so. I went with the 11, a size down from normal, and they are great. I would recommend water proofing them for extra protection so that they last longer. But I love these shoes. It takes a little while for them to form to your foot shape, but once they do, they're the best shoes around.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.